Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Oval hole, small airflow inserts, low Watts = Flooding
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      6/1/2019 6:01:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
+2 details
TruckinVapor - Thank You so much. !!! I couldn't make it. If I added the URL between the [img][/img]
Shit... Better to go to bed...

It was my stupid misstake because I Didn't choose the BBS code availability to add it. Brrr

Edited on 6/1/2019 at 7:01 PM. Reason:
#32 (permalink)      6/1/2019 6:36:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5456
+3 details
tengeresz56 wrote:
[quote]TruckinVapor - Thank You so much. !!! I cannot make it between the [img][/img] If I add ... or the URL between the [img][/img] it's not coming out :-( THANKS for Your help. What is wrong ?[/quote]

No prob tengeresz56... I'll take a couple of each!

I had improvise a glass tank (left in pic) for one of my Dwarfs that arrived with a broken PC sleeve. Not the ideal size glass cause it protrudes the tank radius. But it'll due till replacement sleeve arrives. Although, I'd rather have a proper fitting glass tank!

Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#33 (permalink)      6/1/2019 6:50:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tengeresz56
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 460
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos370
+2 details
TruckinVapor - You are a really kind buddy vaper and I really respect Your help. - I find this Glass tank somewhere. I do not understand Why FT do not force the companies to make the best for the most popular MTL tank. It can be a good profit for them too. Same other things are also available to make it the best. I sent some pictures about it here in the other Dvarw FT forums...

Edited on 6/1/2019 at 7:08 PM. Reason:
#34 (permalink)      6/1/2019 8:56:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
essellar wrote:

flexy123 wrote:
It may be 1.5mm

8 wraps on 1.5mm at 28AWG would give you 1.0Ω if you're using Kanthal; it would be even lower for other materials. Something's not right there in any case, but if we can assume that your resistance reading is off and it's actually a 1.5mm coil, you're going to have trouble covering the juice holes with the amount of cotton you can fit it the coil (only about 36% of what fits in a 2.5mm coil).

Ok I just measured, it's 2mm inner.

CORRECTION: 2.4mm

Edited on 6/1/2019 at 9:15 PM. Reason:
#35 (permalink)      6/1/2019 9:01:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
essellar wrote:

If you're getting 1.5Ω from an 8-wrap coil of 28AWG (0.32mm) wire with a 2mm inner diameter, there's either something wrong with your wire, something wrong with your ohmmeter or something wrong with the way you measure 2mm.

I do get 1.5 Ohms, not only on this VTC Vtwo. But I have an explanation: I have Kanthal wire here which is labeled "0.30mm" instead of the 0.321mm which AWG 28 should have. This would explain it.

#36 (permalink)      6/2/2019 4:10:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
If it's 0.30mm than it isn't 28 AWG but it's 29 AWG.

Did you get this wire from FT?
"The Truth Is Out There"
#37 (permalink)      6/2/2019 5:28:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MichelArgouet
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 2647
  • Reviews 64
  • Kudos11317
https://michel-argouet.fr/project/absoluto/
#38 (permalink)      6/2/2019 6:22:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
AlienGrey wrote:

If it's 0.30mm than it isn't 28 AWG but it's 29 AWG.

Did you get this wire from FT?

I had one from a store here which was labeled 0.30mm and one from FT. I *think* the one I have left now is the FT one so it would have AWG28 actually.

Measuring the diameter of the rod was indeed not that easy. I am using that hcigar jig, that 3rd large rod, and that set doesn't have a 2mm rod. Then I found a screwdriver which measured an actual 2mm (easier to measure since the tip is flat), and it's definitely thinner. And the descr. from that jig says it should be a 2.4mm rod.

#39 (permalink)      6/2/2019 7:12:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlienGrey
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 884
  • Reviews 73
  • Kudos645
It's just because the 29 AWG Kanthal sku that I did buy from FT is discontinued but I already found some other sku that should be 29 AWG Kanthal.
"The Truth Is Out There"
#40 (permalink)      6/2/2019 8:25:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
TruckinVapor wrote:

I think the OP is sucking too hard, has too small of a coil, not enough wick density for the oval hole chamber. Creating such a vacuum that causes juice to permeate the wick like a filter. Adjust your technique, Dvarw is a direct feed tank, not vacuum fed like a KF... Full stop!

You may be right that my vaping technique is simply not for that atty. I am using a 2.4mm coil by the way, and just tried YET another wicking technique, this time what people posted here with the sides "fanned out" and nicely spreading the two half circles. FLOODING.

I also notice the atty getting *considerably* hot, this also resulting in hot vape and me getting an upset stomach after a while. (This never happens with my KFL). I am using the second smallest air insert, at 12.8W.

But you may be right with my technique: I have a habit of sucking a few times with each draw, and yes I am sure this creates a vacuum. Anyway, this I how I like to vape, and the Dvarw just doesn't work for me.

After the flooding today again.. I AM DONE with this thing. It's not just the flooding, also the very hot atty and the nausea I get with it.

The atty, with the leaking and flooding is also too unreliable for me to store it and to set it down anywhere (eg. on my keyboard, like I do with my KFL). I need my vapes 100% leak proof, which is the least I can expect.

So. Done.

Edited on 6/2/2019 at 8:27 AM. Reason:
#41 (permalink)      6/2/2019 8:29:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
flexy123
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos31
MichelArgouet wrote:
[quote][/quote]

This is how I did it, and now for testing I also used my boiled cotton, not the Japanese one. Looking exactly like your picture. FLOODING. Over and out, I am not using this anymore, it simply doesn't work for me.