shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Part two coming up!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/30/2021 11:42:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
+1 details
Part two coming up!
It looks like a real V2, with some pretty cool improvements that really matter to it's intended audience, rough and tumble, outdoors, workman types!

It's got that cool "master lock" switch, that locks everything by sliding a lever. Great for work, no fumbling for buttons to click or strain to see the screen -- just slide the switch, and all the buttons lock until you slide it back...it's not new, but it's highly under-utilized for reasons unknown, lol

The screen looks nice as well, similar but now in color, and more clearly laid out. The overall mod is a Little bit smaller too.

Interested, but waiting for videos.

Edited on 5/1/2021 at 12:04 PM. Reason:
I know words...I have the best words.
#2 (permalink)      5/4/2021 3:40:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4125
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4396
+1 details
It had a color screen before. With choice of 4 color schemes. I hope they got their firmware update utility smoothed out.
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#3 (permalink)      5/4/2021 7:34:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
The Legend screen didn't look like this, or maybe you have a later V1 Legend i've never seen.
#4 (permalink)      5/4/2021 11:01:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4125
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4396
+1 details
I've had mine over 2 years, it looks exactly like that display. I also have the Aegis Legend X, the second version (2019). it has a much larger color display, on the side of the mod, and an added Menu, where you can change the color, and layout of the screen.
I don't think FT ever sold the Aegis Legend X, but they did sell silicone sleeves for it, which seems odd, because it probably needs a protective sleeve less than any other mod ever made.

The Aegis Legend had a color display since 2018, when it came out. To change the color scheme, 3 clicks on the fire button, then + and - at the same time, Each time you push the + and - at the same time after that, the color scheme changes, unless you let it time out.

Here are the instructions.

http://www.vaperclub.net/how-to-use-the-geekvape-aegis-legend-kit-user-manual/

And for the Aegis Legend X.
https://vaping360.com/reviews/geekvape-aegis-x-review/

Edited on 5/4/2021 at 11:23 AM. Reason:
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#5 (permalink)      5/4/2021 11:37:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2774
  • Reviews 275
  • Kudos1467
Oh, I see where I made the mistake. I should have said "colors" or something, IDK, but basically I was trying to say the screen is a big upgrade since the Legend. I'm guessing you don't need the new one, because they last forever, lol!

EDIT: I don't "need" one either, my OG 26650 looks brand new. If a person can get past the huge size and the looks of the Legend, they are a pretty bad ass class of mods --the squonk was a mistake, but even that works as intended(mostly).

Edited on 5/4/2021 at 2:29 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      5/4/2021 2:32:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13099
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20749
+2 details
Unfortunately, I will never purchase a V2. Not only did I buy a V1, I bought the next iteration, (I forget its nomenclature), as a backup. My original is still functioning perfectly a an edc in a very harsh environment so the "backup" remains on the shelf in almost new condition. The Aegis Legend is simply thermonuclear protected....dammit.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?
#7 (permalink)      5/5/2021 8:54:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4125
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4396
+1 details
vape8ion wrote:

Not only did I buy a V1, I bought the next iteration, (I forget its nomenclature)

The Aegis Legend X. They are almost indestructible. My Aegis Legend X however, after nearly 2 years, recently had the faceplate fall completely off. The 3 buttons took a while to find. It still functioned without the faceplate or buttons. I epoxyd the faceplate back on, and it has held. Nothing has ever failed on my original Aegis Legend, except I bricked one updating firmware. The shop replaced it over the counter, and I've never tried updating one again. They just work.

#8 (permalink)      5/5/2021 10:34:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 13099
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20749
+1 details
Ah yes, the Legend X, thanx. I pre-purchased the original Legend. That was because of the claim of shock resiliency and being dustproof. Perfect for Az. farmlyfe. Well, the claims turned out to be true to date. I haven't exactly abused this device but every other chipped mod I have had has failed here in short order. The Legend was to be my last stab at a VV and near the same time I purchased two mechs just in case, those being DejaVu. Again, flawless performance and super durable. My mod purchasing days seem to be over, but it also seems that I still cannot resist the GeekVape attys, i.e. the Talo X.
I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?