shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Good fit for Origen Tiny Tank but doesn't come with the Magnetic Ring
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/7/2018 9:05:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sarathmenon
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos4
Maybe give SKU 6984300 a try? Magnetic is magnetic, and if your tank is snug in there, maybe the connection might be secure? That SKU is for the smaller sidecar, I have used it on other 10mm mods without any connection issues, but I can't speak about an 18mm sidecar mod
#12 (permalink)      6/7/2018 5:43:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos264
sarathmenon wrote:

Maybe give SKU 6984300 a try?

Thanks for the suggestion but these are not suitable. The ring has to be thicker and the only alternative may be the istick basic connector. The connector needs to be the same thickness as the 510 connector but with a wide enough diameter to make contact with the negative ring at the bottom of the Baby battery mod.

cilika wrote:

Sure it'll be less stealthy but still far more stealthier than with the FEV on anything else ;) The tank section would mean a problem but if i saw well on your pic it'd fall above the mod. It would increase the distance between one's thumb and nose as well for some comfort...

That's all fine and yes, the FEV tank section should sit above the mod. I guess with something this size, I have the ambition to make it as small as possible for myself.
As for thumb to nose you really shouldn't have that problem. I've stuck with the drip tip in my original photos and the 2cm clearance I have is plenty comfortable... but then I am an anteater...

cilika wrote:

They replied: Yes we would like to do that. But please tell us what you're talking about.
Love it. ;)

Did you try drawing them a picture in crayon?
The staff who dealt with my request sent the standard response so I don't think I had that misunderstanding... but then that was 3 weeks ago and the GS Baby Magnetic Connector hasn't appeared here.

I received my connector from Eleaf UK and I've been using my little setup for a couple of weeks now. Very pleased... battery performance and life is surprisingly good. I've got a flattened 30g SS316L 1.2ohm coil in mine and I go through about over 4 full tanks on the Tiny Tank before needing to charge. Power feels like it's a mech... fast.

Edited on 6/7/2018 at 7:54 PM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      6/7/2018 6:16:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988

As for thumb to nose you really shouldn't have that problem. I've stuck with the drip tip in my original photos and the 2cm clearance I have is plenty comfortable... but then I am an anteater...

The thumb/nose picturing was rather for a joke. I don't get that problem either.
But my aim is not to have the smallest gears everyway, rather to have my taller attys in gears as compact as possible. To choose side by side mods for the attys and not to choose the attys for the mod (in this case)

Did you try drawing them a picture in crayon?

Too complicated for me. (don't have any programs/apps for that) But made some captures and marked the ominous piece for them to see.

The staff who dealt with my request sent the standard response so I don't think I had that misunderstanding... but then that was 3 weeks ago and the GS Baby Magnetic Connector hasn't appeared here.

If manufacturers are not willing to release that part separately FT can't do much for us either. But FT is usually the first place where parts get listed separately, so I'm hoping.
I'd prefer to get rather 2 mods than one whole kit. =)

Edited on 6/7/2018 at 6:18 PM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      6/7/2018 6:44:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos264

The thumb/nose picturing was rather for a joke.

I was trying to be sensitive in case you did actually have a massive schnoz.

If manufacturers are not willing to release that part separately FT can't do much for us either.

I agree with you about 2 mods rather than one whole kit... Eleaf have released the connector separately to other stores but for some reason they only seem to appear in Europe. Unfortunately it's only available from online shops so I can't link them here but you can search for 'GS Baby Magnetic Connector', 'GS Baby Magnetic Adapter' or 'Eleaf Basic Magnetic Connector' to bring up results for your request.
I haven't got crayon around so here are a couple of photos for you to use:

#15 (permalink)      6/7/2018 7:49:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+2 details
I took the photos from FT item pages's pics, I guess it could be clear enough for them. Well I hope. But they seemed to be interested. First I forgot to enclose (upload) the photos for the descriptions, they messaged back in some minutes asking where are the photos, they couldn't find any and wished to see them.

Glad you didn't let me any UK shop's address. Usually shipping from there would kill it. (could buy the whole kit for the same price...or almost) =)

...Ah non, my nose is beautiful. ;)
#16 (permalink)      6/8/2018 2:59:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
Oh, bummer...
First message:

Thank you so much for your help!

we will report this to the product team and they may consider about list the magnetic disc separately. But we are not very sure about their opinion.

Besides, the magnetic disc in SKU 9641287 (the kit) can be unscrewed from the tank, so you may use it with other tank

thank you

Second:

We are sorry to inform that the supplier doesn't sell that magnetic disc separately.

really sorry for this. we can't help in this case

thank you

#17 (permalink)      6/8/2018 3:05:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 6870
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16805
+1 details
no deal without the separate disc...
even if they have this beauty in red...
#18 (permalink)      6/8/2018 3:11:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+1 details
It's exactly that I thought (about the red) ;)
And that I told them... (in generally)
#19 (permalink)      6/8/2018 3:13:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+1 details
Got saturated with green.

*coughing*

No...lying, I haven't

(but for the moment all my gears are pretty black - SS/brass)

Edited on 6/8/2018 at 3:21 AM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      6/8/2018 3:27:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Carlahola
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 6870
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos16805
+1 details
I just got my white and green IKonn (without that stupid atomiser from the FT kit). That's a nice little thing. Just a bit heavy for my handbag...
#21 (permalink)      6/8/2018 3:28:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+1 details
Where from?

If you're telling this that means you saw my posts erm... raving about the iKonn ;)

Edited on 6/8/2018 at 3:29 AM. Reason: