shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Good fit for Origen Tiny Tank but doesn't come with the Magnetic Ring
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/3/2018 6:45:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos264
$0.01 rebate earned+7 details
Good fit for Origen Tiny Tank but doesn't come with the Magnetic Ring
... which I wouldn't have had a problem with, had I not specifically asked Eleaf CS prior to ordering and been told that this battery definitely comes with the magnetic ring.
It does not... therefore be warned you won't be able to use this specific battery on its own with other tanks.

There are a few limited sellers who sell the ring separately (search 'GS Baby Magnetic Connector') but if you can't source it, the only way to use other tanks with the Pico Baby battery is to buy the complete kit.

The battery itself is decent quality. Size and shape is a clone of the Chels Microstick 18350 but with the battery capacity of a decent 18500. Build quality is fine and weight is 76.1g. Has that odd feel of raw brushed aluminium so quite grippy but lacks the solid quality of a Microstick, however I like the silver finish a lot.

The opening for the tank is 16.9mm so the 16mm Origen Tiny Tank has a little bit of rattle. A 16mm ID x 0.5mm O-Ring or some electricians tape would remedy this and also protect the acrylic tank section as there is a slight lip at the top of the tank recess. The inside of the recess is wider than the top so there's plenty of room for air circulation.
The bottom centre pin is spring loaded so in the photos below, assume that the tank would sit a couple of millimeters deeper if the magnetic base were present. Even so, pushed completely down the Origen Tiny Tank sits 3mm above the recess opening.

I can't talk about the pairing or performance because of the lack of the magnetic ring renders this useless for now.

I'll upload better photos later. It's late and I'm tired:

I'm going back to Eleaf CS about the ring in my instance. Hopefully performance will be decent. Size wise it's a good pairing with the Tiny Tank and very stealthy given my larger than average hands can completely encompass the setup.
#2 (permalink)      5/3/2018 6:59:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26822
Mine is still in the mail. Thanks for the info. I thought the Tiny tank would be too short. Good to know it'll fit.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#3 (permalink)      5/19/2018 10:37:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+1 details
Thank you SabreToothBunny, that's splendid!

Good news to let @solksagen know too =)
And maybe in the near future they'd list the magnetic thingy separated too.
#4 (permalink)      5/19/2018 10:43:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+1 details
Wondering if a Fev mini fitted in it, after sanding off the knurling.
#5 (permalink)      5/19/2018 4:43:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4926
  • Reviews 204
  • Kudos6038
+2 details
damn, she's only back 10 mins, and already sanding stuff down, hehe, good holiday i hope ?
#6 (permalink)      5/19/2018 7:28:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos264
Fasttech has a keyword filter. Couldn't post because 'Eleaf World' as one word was in my draft.

gph61 wrote:

Mine is still in the mail. Thanks for the info. I thought the Tiny tank would be too short. Good to know it'll fit.

Saw your post about receiving the kit. Hopefully performance and battery life are OK for something this tiny.
I found a more elegant solution to the tank rattle than o-rings or tape. I sourced a sample of clear 2:1 heatshrink tubing (18-22mm, 0.5mm wall thickiness is good for 16mm tanks). A small length on the tank, where it meets the lip of the recess is invisible, snug and protective, especially on the acrylic part of tanks like the Origen Tiny Tank.

cilika wrote:

Thank you SabreToothBunny, that's splendid!

Good news to let @solksagen know too =)
And maybe in the near future they'd list the magnetic thingy separated too.

I have put in a product request for the 'GS Baby Magnetic Connector' but in the meantime Eleaf UK are kindly sending me one out due to my being misinformed about its inclusion by Eleaf themselves. The battery seems more appealing for those looking to use other tanks than those looking to replace the battery in their kits. I think Eleaf will lose some sales for not including the ring.

cilika wrote:

Wondering if a Fev mini fitted in it, after sanding off the knurling.

Hmmm... maybe, recess is 16.9mm but that's a fair bit of sanding you'll have to do. There are 3 knurled parts but you may also need to sand the grub screw at the airhole and possibly the locking nodule at the bottom. Also, the FEV mini I'm thinking of is 80mm long (with the huge drip tip). The recess in the Pico Baby takes about 34mm which means you'd have about 46mm sticking out of the top.
Using SKU 2051900 as an example:

Installed in the Pico Baby you'd be looking at nearly 100mm in height.
SKU 7462700 is good for sanding jobs like this, though I sourced mine for $2.4-something elsewhere about a year ago.

Edited on 5/19/2018 at 8:16 PM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      5/31/2018 10:22:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
peregrev87
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
what is the battery
li-lon? li-pol?
#8 (permalink)      5/31/2018 4:42:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 143
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos264
peregrev87 wrote:

what is the battery
li-lon? li-pol?

Pico Baby uses a 20400 Lipo battery.
Specs for internal cell are model number JS20400, 5.55Wh, 3.7v nominal voltage.
I've looked everywhere and can't find an equivalent, either retail or OEM. I suspect Eleaf have sourced these from a battery source which isn't commercially available.

Edited on 5/31/2018 at 4:45 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      6/5/2018 9:31:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+1 details
gmm11 wrote:

damn, she's only back 10 mins, and already sanding stuff down, hehe, good holiday i hope ?

Hahaha gmm, The ends will justify the means, won't they?

SabreToothBunny, Sure it'll be less stealthy but still far more stealthier than with the FEV on anything else ;) The tank section would mean a problem but if i saw well on your pic it'd fall above the mod. It would increase the distance between one's thumb and nose as well for some comfort ;)
However I use to use the bigger FEV with the Microstick and it wasn't too bad.

Still waiting for to receive my FEV mini...

Edited on 6/5/2018 at 9:42 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      6/7/2018 4:51:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15029
  • Reviews 373
  • Kudos28988
+2 details
Opened a ticket to see if the box alone comes with a disc, explained what's its roll, and if it doesn't could they arrange that it gets listed separately (to froward it to the right department). They replied: Yes we would like to do that. But please tell us what you're talking about.
Love it. ;)
#11 (permalink)      6/7/2018 9:05:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
sarathmenon
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 11
  • Reviews 35
  • Kudos4
Maybe give SKU 6984300 a try? Magnetic is magnetic, and if your tank is snug in there, maybe the connection might be secure? That SKU is for the smaller sidecar, I have used it on other 10mm mods without any connection issues, but I can't speak about an 18mm sidecar mod