shopping cart empty
[dismiss] Kung Hei Fat Choy. FastTech will be on holiday from January 20, 2020, to January 31, 2020. Shipping and support will resume normal service on February 1, 2020. (details)
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Whats better this or Air SM?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/29/2018 10:23:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
T4KT1KZ
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 448
  • Reviews 106
  • Kudos181
Whats better this or Air SM?
As the title suggest looking for peoples input regarding differences or preferences between the Gan Air SM and the Gan Air UM.

Edited on 1/29/2018 at 10:27 PM. Reason:
I thought I made a mistake once but I was mistaken.
#2 (permalink)      1/29/2018 11:34:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1708
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1790
The Air SM the updated version of the Air UM; think of it as Air UM v2. The SM is 'improved' insofar that it has a honeycomb pattern on the inside pieces to supposedly better disperse the lubricant, and the GES nuts are larger and more responsive [due to the increased diameter of the springs]. If I remember correctly they used higher quality stickers on the SM as well. The Air SM also includes two nifty plastic cases to hold the GES nuts which are not included with the UM. Apparently the SM is quieter than the UM which is impressive considering the UM is already considered one of the quietest production cubes ever made.

Go with the Air SM as its Gans newest flagship and the update for the UM. FT also has the Valk 3 Power M listed here in various colors which is worth checking out. SKU 9632116

Edited on 1/29/2018 at 11:55 PM. Reason: