shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Wow, for 35$ this looks like The One
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/24/2018 5:52:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CVA67
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 95
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos30
Wow, for 35$ this looks like The One
Has many charge current choices including my fave 1.5A, and can do up to 3A on all 4 slots at once. Three Amps is too high for me but it's a nice capability to have if I ever need it. Fits every batt I have and all I plan on getting, 18650, 26650, 2x700, AA/AAA.

FT has the price on this and it has a Good review on
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Miboxer%20C4-12%20UK.html

Read about it here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/7sn4mp/hey_everybody_what_external_charger_would_you/?st=jctodn3q&sh=c2eb5958
#2 (permalink)      1/24/2018 6:53:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
I haven't watched the review and there are many. I just picked this one out of the blue, because he takes it apart. I haven't watched it yet.

#3 (permalink)      1/24/2018 7:10:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
Hmmmm? i wanted to see how well it tests mAh of batteries and how well it reads internal resistance, but I didn't get the answer after watching it. Maybe you can find a better youtube video.
#4 (permalink)      1/24/2018 8:28:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
It will hold huge batteries together for many of the new mods coming out. It might be a real winner! It at least looks sound. I wonder if you use an external power source if the fan runs before it gets hot. I kind of like a quiet charger.
#5 (permalink)      1/24/2018 8:36:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CVA67
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 95
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos30
+1 details
That youtube review is for the plain C4 model, not the C4-12A. The teardown may be helpful to asses Miboxer's quality of construction but it's not the same charger and there are significant difference between the two models.
#6 (permalink)      1/24/2018 8:40:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
You maybe correct! Show me what is difference Please! I have enough chargers at the moment, but we all need to learn!
#7 (permalink)      1/25/2018 8:10:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
CVA67
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 95
  • Reviews 12
  • Kudos30
Power, this C4-12A has a 12 Amp external power brick and can charge 4 slots at 3A each. The C4 plugs directly into mains power and has an internal power supply with 0.8A/slot max charging current. I'd like to charge four 18650 at 1.5A/ea so this C4-12A appeals to me for this capability.

Control, this C4-12A has a single black button to control settings, the C4 has two yellow buttons. There must be significant differences in the user interface. I look forward to seeing more info on the C4-12A user interface. I expect short-press and long-press of the single button has replaced the method of using two separate buttons. I wonder if this will be intuitive or annoying.

Size, this C4-12A is 15mm wider than the C4. IDK exactly what this means for the possibility of charging multiple wide batteries but it is a difference between the models. Looking at http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Miboxer%20C4-12%20UK.html it says the C4-12A can charge four 26650 at a time and gets a 'good' rating.

Here is the Lygate-info review of the C4 which gets only an 'acceptable' rating due to failure to properly terminate charging when batteries are fully charged:
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Miboxer%20C4%20UK.html

Edited on 1/25/2018 at 8:26 AM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      1/25/2018 1:39:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 1941
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos1790
Reviews picked from Am-a-zon dot com and there is 50 usd.

This little charger packs a punch. If you only need a fast charger and don't need more than 4 slots, then look no further. The headline feature of this charger is the high maximum charge current (3Ax2). The charger is capable of automatically set and adjust the charging current for different battery type and condition.

Pro:
- Class leading charging speed (3Ax2)
- Automatically decide the optimal charge / discharge rate for battery type and condition
- Internal resistance meter to monitor cell health
- The slots are completely independent, and they can charge 2 different batteries at the same time
- Quality construction

Con:
- Not compatible with 4.35v or LiFePO4 batteries (these are pretty rare)
- No discharge function to precisely measure battery capacity, however internal resistance measurement is good enough for most to monitor battery healthy

Overall, this is an excellent 2 slot high speed charger at a reasonable price. The feature set is enough for most users. Miboxer also offer a 4 slot version (c4-12), but it cost a bit more. This charger should be sufficient for most users.

This charger charge batteries fairly well, and can do it with high currents, up to 3A, but :
1) Automatic mode, "auto-decide the optimal charge rate for battery type and condition", works very strange, on all Miboxer's, C2 & C4. it's non-usable in real life.
2) Not compatible with 4.35v batteries . Why not, with $33 price ? Miboxer C2-4000 works with 4.35v batteries, it's very simple, but C2-6000 lacks it.
3) No discharge function to measure battery capacity. It's big fail for $33 price. Opus C100 ( $11 price) has it, $33 Miboxer - no.

So far so good. Love the fact that it recharges not just my 18650's, but all my electronic equipment. I got a good power supply and it charges quickly as well. It's easy to use and understand

Very good charger
Pros:
As electrical engineer, for the first time I have a clue with respect to the parameters of rechargeable batteries (capacity, voltage, internal resistance). The charger automatically identifies the type of battery without errors and charges both NiMH and Li-Ion batteries well.
Cons:
I recommend a redesign of the electrode bars (positive anode and negative) to better accommodate small batteries. The current design tend to slide a batteries off center to the right or to the left, particularly the positive bar. I would also recommend grading the charged batteries with respect to their remaining life, according to a 5 level scale.

Edited on 1/25/2018 at 1:52 PM. Reason:
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#9 (permalink)      4/21/2018 5:26:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Stultis
  • JoinedMay 2015
  • Posts 25
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos10
I've had it a couple weeks. It's become "the one" for me. My previous charger had more functions, but wasn't a "smart" charger, and would often overshoot it's 4.22 volt goal, hard landing on 4.23 or 4.24. I consider even 4.22 too high, frankly. This fella, though, properly lowers the amperage as the battery reaches full charge, and soft lands on 4.20 every time, even when charging at 3 amps. This offers the sum total of what I want in a charger: Give me at least four slots and preserve battery health as much as possible, even when fast charging.

Edited on 4/21/2018 at 5:27 PM. Reason: