shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Auto firing, also leaks.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      6/11/2018 6:29:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
oilreg
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 222
  • Reviews 128
  • Kudos58
+3 details
after i was able to fix my leaking with some glue... i was able to use my luxotic bf again..
but now... a few weeks later ... i am facing the autofiring issue as well

seriously WISMEC what garbage do you sell?

since i didnt buy mine with FT, i wrote to wismec directly they offered a replacement, BUT
they said they are not sure if i will receive the express ... and also they dont provide any tracking code...
hence makes me wonder... where is the proof that they ever sent it out..

i am still waiting for the replacement luxotic since may 25
#12 (permalink)      7/3/2018 6:20:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jorgesilva
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 28
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6
+1 details
I also tried the glue fix, but now this crap is autofiring!!
Do you guys have any feedback from wismec?

Thanks.
#13 (permalink)      7/3/2018 7:50:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5369
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos8328
+2 details
Thanks all for the info...and warnings. Checked my e-mail this AM and someone was offering the kit (w/rda) for $33 bucks. Fortunately they've sold out overnight...even the less desirable colors. I've had an eye on this one since it came out but reading all the negative comments has saved me some bucks and an indeterminate amount of stress.

Maybe in another 6 months (or less?) it'll drop another $10 bucks or more. Of course by then we'll probably be coveting another generation or two of "Next Big Things".
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#14 (permalink)      7/15/2018 12:11:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
billgarm
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 18
  • Reviews 15
  • Kudos10
+3 details
My Luxotic started autofiring today so I opened it up, and sure enough juice is leaking as in the OP. Thing's so cheap I'm not going to bother with an RMA, but I'm not going to replace it either. Shame because I really liked the form factor and bottle system.

Edited on 7/15/2018 at 12:12 AM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      7/15/2018 12:31:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+2 details
Sorry for the delayed reply @jorgesilva I meant to reply to you earlier, the only feedback I got from wismec was this in an email...

"Dear valued customer,

Thank you for feedback.
We will improve it later.

Best regards,
Yuki
Wismec Service"

Not exactly confidence inspiring.

Thankful fasttech refunded me, I would not risk buying another one of these unless wismec guarantees the problems are fixed.

@Morris68 glad you didn't end up getting one, definitely saves you a lot of hassle, I feel sorry for anyone who has had the same issues occur.

I've been avoiding the forums for a bit as the atmosphere was getting very toxic with all the "toddlers" fighting each other over meaningless bullshit.

Seems the air is a little clearer at the moment and good to see more people posting to be helpful and sociable.

@billgarm fair call mate, at the price it's probably not worth the hassle of the full RMA, and definitely not worth replacing with more of the same.

Thankfully mine was within 45 days so fasttech was happy to do the full refund.

It is a really nice looking squonker, and if Wismec could publicly guarantee the leaky 510 was fixed I'd grab another one for sure.
BFYTW
#16 (permalink)      7/16/2018 2:21:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rebb59
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 450
  • Reviews 228
  • Kudos382
+3 details
Before starting to use the box I immediately sealed the infamous internal pin with epoxy glue and inserted a 5 * 1 mm O-ring. around the pin in the cup and currently after a few weeks of use I do not find any leaking. I recommend this fixing to those who unfortunately own this box and want to avoid future issues.

I hope that mine will continue to work properly in the future and will not do the same thing as yours.

Edited on 7/16/2018 at 2:26 AM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      12/27/2018 10:19:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Quick4A6
  • JoinedDec 2017
  • Posts 243
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos182
I just order this mod last week and just now found this thread.....

Would covering the board in dielectric compound help prevent this issue? what, if anything else can i do to avoid this?
Gigigty Giggity