shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Review after a couple of weeks of daily usage
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/17/2018 3:07:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+6 details
Review after a couple of weeks of daily usage
Just sharing my experience of my now leaking Luxotic BF, after daily driver usage for approx 2 weeks, to better inform those considering buying this device.

My device may not be representative of the quality of all Wismec Luxotic BF mods, although I note forum posts by others experiencing similar issues.

Based on my and others reports of leakage issues I would recommend holding off from buying this mod until more is known about the actual cause of the leakage and possible fixes.

Mine is the blue version. I ordered it based on the appearance as seen in multiple reviews, and as seen in the Fasttech product picture

What I got was a dull darker blue resin door with few other colours, not the much brighter and more colourful appearance I was hoping for...

It's obviously not something that affects performance but perhaps panel quality is unusually variable in this colour range only, which would have influenced my decision to purchase with hindsight.

My door seems more similar to Fasttech's listing for the metallic colour replacement panel.

The mod has worked reliably and I have no complaints about the power output for my style of vaping, and apart from the door, battery strap and the known plastic bottle annoyances I was overall happy with it.

Until it started leaking juice all over my battery inside a few days ago.

I only used the Luxotic with the Loop rda for the first week and a half or so, but once I swapped it for a VLS that's when the mod first sprang an internal leak, which then wicked via the battery strap onto my battery and elsewhere in the mod.

Although the leaking juice had not yet coated the circuit board it would have most likely spread there with continued use, perhaps causing safety problems. I'm keeping the internal cover off to see if it leaks with different rda's as another vaper has reported.

It has just started to leak with the Loop now, although not as much as the VLS.

The battery strap on mine wasn't properly fixed in place, it was tied in a knot at one end which was poorly pinned by the internal cover plate, which made mine angled just right to be nearly useless for removing the battery.

I just use it loose now, as it's less frustrating.

I've replaced the hard plastic bottle with the authentic Wismec silicone version, which is a good fit but causes the baseplate to pop out when the bottle is pressed.

Given the leaky 510 I'm probably gonna end up retiring the Luxotic in the near future as it's not worth the risk or the mess, which is a shame as I really like the size and shape, despite the not so great looking door, and it was my preferred traveller mod until it sprang a leak.
BFYTW
Answer
Anniepan
Staff
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 10414
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos5473
Hello Dandemonic,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

Thanks for your detail issue description. We have forwarded the feedback to manufacturer, hope they will take care of the quality issue and improve.

We answered your ticket and would like to offer the warranty for you. Please kindly check and let us know your opinion.
#2 (permalink)      5/17/2018 3:52:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rebb59
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 450
  • Reviews 228
  • Kudos382
+1 details
Well, mine has just arrived and I have not yet had the opportunity to try it but if this is the prospect I foresee a mass claim to Wismech that once again proves no longer up to the quality of the past.
#3 (permalink)      5/17/2018 9:55:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
rebb59 wrote:

Well, mine has just arrived and I have not yet had the opportunity to try it but if this is the prospect I foresee a mass claim to Wismech that once again proves no longer up to the quality of the past.

Hopefully you won't have any leaking, but it is probably worth keeping the internal cover off to keep an eye on the 510 pin.

If your fix works I will be interested to know, and hopefully Wismec address the issue in future batches if it is a widespread problem like the Aleader Killer leakage issue was.

I will be more careful of buying their products in future.

BFYTW
#4 (permalink)      5/17/2018 10:05:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rebb59
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 450
  • Reviews 228
  • Kudos382
I will let you know in a few days, for the moment no leaking
#5 (permalink)      5/17/2018 10:38:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8391
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos30587
+1 details
Dandemonic wrote:

Based on my and others reports of leakage issues I would recommend holding off from buying this mod until more is known about the actual cause of the leakage and possible fixes.

Looks like the 510 is press-fit? Probably not the best choice..

Had this on my wish-list, thanks for the solid info!

#6 (permalink)      5/17/2018 10:50:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rebb59
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 450
  • Reviews 228
  • Kudos382
+1 details
Yes the 510 pin is press fitted as on the Pico Squeeze, after all is the same cheap product with only a different look; therefore it is foreseeable that over time it will lower and give contact problems with the aesthetic rings just like on the Pico, but here it is easy to access it to raise it again.

Edited on 5/17/2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      5/17/2018 10:57:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Irkme
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 150
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos83
Mines hasn't arrived yet but I have the "later" version with the silicon bottle witch i doubt will make any difference

Would sealing the pin area with say hot glue or the like be viable?
#8 (permalink)      5/17/2018 11:22:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rebb59
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 450
  • Reviews 228
  • Kudos382
I would say yes, with the silicone glue, or epoxy (as I did) or hot glue the result is the same
#9 (permalink)      5/17/2018 11:32:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+2 details
Irkme wrote:

Mines hasn't arrived yet but I have the "later" version with the silicon bottle witch i doubt will make any difference

Would sealing the pin area with say hot glue or the like be viable?

Not sure in the case of where mine is leaking if sealant will help, I tried it with the VLS on it and it's leaking from near the top of the 510...

BFYTW
#10 (permalink)      5/17/2018 12:23:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cocorika
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 572
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos477
+1 details
Thank you Dandemonic
too bad that I didn't have the patience to wait for that kind of "tried and tested " review

mine has just finally arrived and it does not leaks...
because it does not squonk at all ! lol
( presumed culprit is that superstiff bottle)
so I didn't use it a lot since i'm waiting for the silicone bottles
but my expectations have been severely dampened
now i know that I'll have to do a bit of tinkering :(
#11 (permalink)      5/17/2018 8:59:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
You're most welcome @cocorika and I hope yours doesn't leak to save you having to get it replaced or repaired.

I've reported the fault to Fasttech staff via ticket so hopefully I will be able to get a full refund, I am not keen on a replacement mod if the fault is likely to happen again.

I've put links in my ticket to this thread and the leaking bastard thread with other users reporting leaks.

Hopefully @Anniepan and @staff will be able to sort this out satisfactorily and can also pass on the fault reports to Wismec.
BFYTW