shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Leaking Bastard
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      5/17/2018 9:27:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+1 details
Morris68 wrote:

@Dandemonic Noticed in your gif when you're "pinning" the juice bottle, the battery plate (magnetic) opens a bit. Maybe significant, probably not...but I don't like that.

It'd be great if Wismec fixed the problem but with so much gear coming out so quickly they're probably putting most/all of their efforts into blessing us with "The Next Big Thing"!

And thanks Oilreg for your original post. It's threads like this that give me renewed hope for the FT forum! Great pics from all of you who took the trouble.

More of a nuisance for me as it can lead to unexpected dry hits due to the reduced juice flow every press, just have to remember to hold it partially cradled on the base with a soft bottle.

Probably easily fixed with a small design change of the base plate mounting system, but as you say, on to the next big thing, it's much more profitable short term. Kind of a shame with so many years in the vaping game Wismec still has some quality control issues like these.

BFYTW
#22 (permalink)      5/17/2018 10:54:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 8551
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos22300
SiaSia wrote:

JessVapin,
Perhaps a dumb question... but, would it be possible to fill that with clear silicone glue?

That may be an option, I'll spend time with it one day and see what I can do. =)

I'll be in and out.
#23 (permalink)      5/17/2018 11:28:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+1 details
Thought I would try find where exactly mine is leaking, it's not from where I expected, it's leaking the same place as @Jessvaping at the pin, and is noticeably worse with the VLS than the Loop, on mine anyway.

I am guessing from the location the leakage being worse with the VLS may be in part due to the VLS 510 being slightly longer and also having a slotted bf pin that doesn't fully seal against the mod's hollow positive pin.

Might be hard to see clearly in this one...

Here's a closer pic...

Not sure in my case the leak would be fixed by any external sealant, or by the addition of extra o rings, I may yet disassemble the mod further to see what's what with the 510.

Edited on 5/17/2018 at 9:13 PM. Reason:
BFYTW
#24 (permalink)      5/17/2018 11:39:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 8551
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos22300
+1 details
Great image =)
This is a HUGE fail by Wismec, the 510 is poorly sealed. They should get out of the vape game if they can't figure out how to make 510s. And shame on JayBo for not testing his design better...all he had to do was use it for a couple weeks! LOL =P
I'll be in and out.
#25 (permalink)      5/17/2018 11:51:42 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+1 details
Sure is a bad fail @JessVapin :-D

I wouldn't normally bother to do a return, if I think it's a repair I can do, but given how bad this thing leaks I think I will get hold of staff tomorrow local time and see about getting it returned.
BFYTW
#26 (permalink)      5/17/2018 11:52:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rebb59
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 450
  • Reviews 228
  • Kudos382
+2 details
It is very clearly visible that leaks from the seat of that pin, as in another case reported, I have previously sealed in that area and I have been using it for a few hours, for the moment not leaks.
#27 (permalink)      5/17/2018 9:08:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+2 details
I've put in a ticket for a refund due to faulty item, with links to this thread and my forum review

rebb59 wrote:

It is very clearly visible that leaks from the seat of that pin, as in another case reported, I have previously sealed in that area and I have been using it for a few hours, for the moment not leaks.

I hope yours doesn't leak but I wonder how it will hold up over time to different atties and bf pins.

When I get a reply from staff I will post the results here so other users with leaky mods who want a refund or replacement can refer staff to here to back up their fault claims.

BFYTW
#28 (permalink)      5/18/2018 1:43:58 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rebb59
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 450
  • Reviews 228
  • Kudos382
+2 details
If it happens it will not be a great loss, it has more to lose Wismec because this is the last trash that sells me, and it is not the first.

Edited on 5/18/2018 at 1:46 AM. Reason:
#29 (permalink)      5/18/2018 3:43:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+1 details
Yeah that's fair enough too @rebb59 no point when it becomes a gamble if the goods are fit for purpose.

For the others with leaky mods, staff got back to me very promptly, via email and forum post, to quote staff in my review thread...

"Hello Dandemonic,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

Thanks for your detail issue description. We have forwarded the feedback to manufacturer, hope they will take care of the quality issue and improve.

We answered your ticket and would like to offer the warranty for you. Please kindly check and let us know your opinion."

Hopefully the manufacturer will now fix the fault in future production runs, so other customers are not inconvenienced.

If Wismec wish to avoid further reputational damage to their profitability then the sooner fixed the better.

I've decided not to get a replacement mod as there's no certainty the issue won't happen again, just waiting to hear back from staff re my proposal for an alternative replacement.

Edited on 5/18/2018 at 3:44 AM. Reason:
BFYTW
#30 (permalink)      5/18/2018 6:33:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
karlos1989
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 1527
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos899
+1 details
Iv found if i want to use a RSA with a Phillips squonk pin i would ALWAYS get some leaking like all of you guys but when i opened it up i found that i was soaking with liquid i cleaned it out and noticed also the battery tab was way to far in the plate so i got some extra length and its much better pulling the batteries out.
Also iv found that with the silicone bottle you actually don't have to have the bottom plate on to keep the bottle in but i keep it on anyway doesn't bother me the plate popping down a wee bit ever since then iv been using my dead rabbits on it and they have a perfectly sized hex that sits just right on the 510 connector and no leaking just watch what RSA you put on it and if your really wanting a specific RSA on it try using a hex squonk pin :-)
Bonkers For The Squonkers
#31 (permalink)      5/23/2018 11:07:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
oilreg
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 222
  • Reviews 128
  • Kudos58
+2 details
i contacted Wismec regarding this and they seem to care....
for now the where asking for S/N and stuff... will see what comes out of this, maybe we all can get the faulty ones replaced