shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Leaking Bastard
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/13/2018 5:47:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
oilreg
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 222
  • Reviews 128
  • Kudos58
+6 details
Leaking Bastard
bought this one... first week was awesome, 2nd week the leaking accelerated alot, so i ordered those new squonk bottles was hoping they would be the solution. Got those since a week now, but its still leaks like cracy from the bottom of the mod. i really dont understand from where its leaking just that every other day i have a sea of juice on my desk.

the luxotic is the biggest wismec disappointment for me by a long shot
#2 (permalink)      5/13/2018 11:54:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5369
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos8328
+3 details
Sorry about your bad experience. Was about to order one (and am still thinking about it) but got the Anita instead...with which, so far (about a week) I'm really pleased.

Will check other discussions and am bumping your post to see if others have had the same problem.
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#3 (permalink)      5/15/2018 9:22:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 8551
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos22300
+5 details
I feel your pain =( I was SUPER happy with this mod...until now.
I just posted this in another thread I frequently visit...

"Wismec Luxotic Update: for those thinking of purchasing, think twice, the past few days mine started leaking into the switch compartment and I think it's a leaking 510 connector that's the issue. Not taken apart completely yet, but when I do I'll post pics. A bit of Google search on the topic reveals others starting to have the same issues.
Just wanted to post this in case anyone was contemplating the purchase". =)
I'll be in and out.
#4 (permalink)      5/16/2018 4:57:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Squonk_life
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 1311
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos805
+1 details
That's sucks bro, I've had a luxotic since they first came out. Mine is perfect, I just wish it had front squonk hole
Squonklife
#5 (permalink)      5/16/2018 10:45:35 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 8551
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos22300
+6 details
Ok, found my leak today... man I'm pissed =(
Right where I'm pointing, the round pin thingy. Don't know why the hell they punched a hole for a pin right there?! Looks to me it's a pin to hold the 510 in place. When you squonk the juice spits out from around that pin. =/ Wismec garbage... when will I learn... =(

I'll be in and out.
#6 (permalink)      5/16/2018 10:57:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
oilreg
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 222
  • Reviews 128
  • Kudos58
thx for sharing the image of your findings... that must mean the electronics are constantly flooded with juice before it leaks in the battery compartment
#7 (permalink)      5/16/2018 11:29:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 8551
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos22300
+1 details
You're welcome. =)
yes, when i pulled the cover off it was drenched in juice. So far, it still fires hard and quick with no sign of damage. I'm drying it out, then I'll try and hack a new 510 in it. If that won't happen, I'll just pull the board and install it in a donor mod. Maybe I'll make a LuxoPunto ;P
I'll be in and out.
#8 (permalink)      5/17/2018 12:00:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+3 details
JessVapin wrote:

Ok, found my leak today... man I'm pissed =(
Right where I'm pointing, the round pin thingy. Don't know why the hell they punched a hole for a pin right there?! Looks to me it's a pin to hold the 510 in place. When you squonk the juice spits out from around that pin. =/ Wismec garbage... when will I learn... =(

Feeling similar. Mine started to leak after I used the VLS on it, juice was mainly dripping onto the battery via seepage from the (dodgily installed) battery strap.

I've dried it up, none seemed to get on the board but with time it would have, am using a Loop rda on it now and it's no longer leaking. I've left the cover off to keep an eye on it.

I also didn't bother to replace the battery strap as it isn't attached to anything, Wismec just tied a knot in it and used the cover plate to pin it in place, which is why mine was crooked and difficult to use.

Certainly this mod is not without faults and it seems my review pointing out some flaws with it has been accidentally overlooked by Fasttech and not approved yet after a couple of weeks.

Mine was supposed to be the blue version, which in the Fasttech photo and in multiple reviews on YouTube has some gold and other colours and looks reasonably bright, like this:

This is what I got, a dull blue with few other colours:

Looks more like the "metallic" replacement door Fasttech have listed:

It's only a cheap mod, so I guess buyer beware, and I guessed the quality would be iffy. A shame about the leaking though as I really like this mod despite the dull looking resin door.

BFYTW
#9 (permalink)      5/17/2018 12:19:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JessVapin
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 8551
  • Reviews 82
  • Kudos22300
+1 details
Mine leaks with my VLS, Recurve, Morphe, and Daytona. Those are all I've only used on it lol =D
I agree it's a cheap mod and some things are to be expected...but not this major of an issue after only a couple weeks or so. =(
I got lucky, my panel is stunning. I really loved this mods function, before the leak, so much so I ordered the black mod and a spare black panel and blue panel and upgraded bottle...All have already shipped unfortunately for me LOL! =D
Oh well, one things for sure, Wismec won't be getting another dime from me every again. ...and I mean it this time! LOL! =D
I'll be in and out.
#10 (permalink)      5/17/2018 12:36:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Dandemonic
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 259
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos485
+3 details
Upgraded my bottle to the silicone version and noticed a slight issue that wasn't a problem with the plastic bottle...

I have to pin it with a finger while squonking to get it to squonk properly.

Was thinking of getting the NC but if the resin is dull like my BF it's not worth the asking price,and yeah will think twice before shiny-itis takes over.
BFYTW
#11 (permalink)      5/17/2018 1:31:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
karlos1989
  • JoinedNov 2016
  • Posts 1527
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos899
+2 details
This happened to me to but that was only when that Phillips head squonk pins. Easy enough clean by taking the plate of. I've been using my dead rabbit on it before that I was using the dpro which has a huge protruding 510 but no leaks since I been using hex squonk pins just a wee tip I picked up using my black frame one. 😉

Edited on 5/17/2018 at 1:44 AM. Reason: .
Bonkers For The Squonkers