Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Hands on review and a few pics
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/7/2018 12:44:31 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+12 details
Hands on review and a few pics
I've had this black ABS plastic Coppervape BF V2 squonk mod for a little over a week and I've been using it on a daily basis. I'm still waiting for the blue one to arrive. Below is my review. I've tried to cover everything and added a little hack as well.

Externals

It's about the same size as the Armageddon squonk mod, measuring 79.5mm high x 47.5mm wide x 26mm deep with a similar soft exterior coating. The back panel has a removable carbon fiber look sticker and there's an ugly 18650 printed along the right side. The left side houses a very responsive fire button with a turn to lock function like the Arctic Dolphin Crea.

The front door panel features a raised Coppervape logo, three magnets which attach to the battery although magnets are not really needed as the door fits snugly. It also has a little groove inside in order to accommodate the large 10ml bottle.

The 510 pin is spring loaded so all attys will sit flush. There's no overhang when using 24mm attys. There's room for 25mm and 26mm attys but there will be a little overhang at the front due to the curve.

Internals

The contacts are silver plated copper and there's almost no voltage drop. I experienced a little arcing straight out of the box but a little cleaning and lightly sanding resolved this. The throw of the fire button is firm and short, approximately 2mm. It hits hard and instantly.

The 10ml PET bottle measures 58.5mm high x 21mm in diameter. It's usable, hard and not air tight although I didn't experience any leaking from it. I prefer silicone bottles so I swapped it out for a silicone 8ml Pulse bottle after the first day.

There's a battery strap to help remove the battery. A small plastic battery tray helps keep the battery in place. As is, only 18650 batteries fit. Removing the plastic battery tray and flattening out the top contact plate will allow you to use 20700 or 21700 batteries. It takes less than 2 minutes to do this.

Overall impression

This is another example of a very well made $20 squonk mod and I highly recommend it. The only thing that needed replacing was the PET bottle but that is only because I prefer silicone bottles. With less than 2 minutes of modding you can convert this 18650 squonk box into a very small 20700/21700 one.

#2 (permalink)      2/10/2018 9:51:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AndiFront
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 128
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos30
djvillan very nice review thanks for that!

What options do you see to remove the ugly 18650 caption?
#3 (permalink)      2/11/2018 4:17:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
AndiFront wrote:

djvillan very nice review thanks for that!

What options do you see to remove the ugly 18650 caption?

Thanks. :)

Umm, either a black Sharpie or some black tape. I don't think you can use something like nail polish remover or rubbing alcohol as it will strip away the black coating along with the 18650 number.

#4 (permalink)      2/24/2018 2:41:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
PokerXXL
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2016
  • Posts 16
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos27
+1 details
Hi DJvillan

Thx for the review.
Also for the information about the bottle,it could be the same bottle as the version 1
Well done. :)

Greets from the valley
Stefan :)
#5 (permalink)      2/26/2018 6:14:28 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Mezza38100
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 101
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos135
djvillan wrote:

I've had this black ABS plastic Coppervape BF V2 squonk mod for a little over a week and I've been using it on a daily basis. I'm still waiting for the blue one to arrive. Below is my review. I've tried to cover everything and added a little hack as well.ExternalsIt's about the same size as the Armageddon squonk mod, measuring 79.5mm high x 47.5mm wide x 26mm deep with a similar soft exterior coating. The back panel has a removable carbon fiber look sticker and there's an ugly 18650 printed along the right side. The left side houses a very responsive fire button with a turn to lock function like the Arctic Dolphin Crea.The front door panel features a raised Coppervape logo, three magnets which attach to the battery although magnets are not really needed as the door fits snugly. It also has a little groove inside in order to accommodate the large 10ml bottle.The 510 pin is spring loaded so all attys will sit flush. There's no overhang when using 24mm attys. There's room for 25mm and 26mm attys but there will be a little overhang at the front due to the curve. InternalsThe contacts are silver plated copper and there's almost no voltage drop. I experienced a little arcing straight out of the box but a little cleaning and lightly sanding resolved this. The throw of the fire button is firm and short, approximately 2mm. It hits hard and instantly. The 10ml PET bottle measures 58.5mm high x 21mm in diameter. It's usable, hard and not air tight although I didn't experience any leaking from it. I prefer silicone bottles so I swapped it out for a silicone 8ml Pulse bottle after the first day.There's a battery strap to help remove the battery. A small plastic battery tray helps keep the battery in place. As is, only 18650 batteries fit. Removing the plastic battery tray and flattening out the top contact plate will allow you to use 20700 or 21700 batteries. It takes less than 2 minutes to do this.Overall impressionThis is another example of a very well made $20 squonk mod and I highly recommend it. The only thing that needed replacing was the PET bottle but that is only because I prefer silicone bottles. With less than 2 minutes of modding you can convert this 18650 squonk box into a very small 20700/21700 one.

great review but this is more than 2 minutes work tbh. I had to remove the 510 in order to shift the battery contact, to get the battery sled out. that black delrin piece that holds the spring-loaded pin threads onto metal, but mine is just spinning and I can't figure out how to get a tight fit any more. As is, the bottom part of the 510 connection just falls out when attaching an atty on top.

I thought about changing out the 510 connection for a 3rd party one. How were you able to fix this and get it back in working order?

first, we remove your teeth. next, spread sandwich spread...
#6 (permalink)      2/26/2018 4:54:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Mezza38100 wrote:

great review but this is more than 2 minutes work tbh. I had to remove the 510 in order to shift the battery contact, to get the battery sled out. that black delrin piece that holds the spring-loaded pin threads onto metal, but mine is just spinning and I can't figure out how to get a tight fit any more. As is, the bottom part of the 510 connection just falls out when attaching an atty on top.

I thought about changing out the 510 connection for a 3rd party one. How were you able to fix this and get it back in working order?

Thanks. I didn't need to remove the 510 pin. I just loosened it by about a quarter turn, shifted the battery contact aside then pulled out the battery sled. Then I used a pair of rubber tipped pliers to flatten the contact plate without needing to remove it.

Not sure about the issue with your 510 pin and the spinning delrin spacer as mine is secure and the only spinning part is the adjustable bottom brass disc. Maybe you got a faulty one?

#7 (permalink)      3/8/2018 10:48:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2688
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2831
OUT FOR DELIVERY...! more pic to follow, that's all I can say, DJ has said it all and such a well job he has done.
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#8 (permalink)      3/11/2018 1:15:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2688
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos2831
+3 details
XDM45ACP wrote:

OUT FOR DELIVERY...! more pic to follow, that's all I can say, DJ has said it all and such a well job he has done.

SORRY, DJ! BUT I CALL BULLSHIT!... First thing I received mine, and the fake chain link decal was peeling off. But let's talk about the two-minute hack, I'm very mechanically inclined, have the tools and the mind to do the job, the only thing I was missing was my Step drill bit yesterday, (my Son, so kindly forgot to return) but I still put my Mod Maker 510 on temp. So I tore down the $20 mod and went to town! removed the battery sled did some grinding on the contacts with my Dremel tool, come to find out that the contacts are not plated copper, just some cheap Chinese metal. Anyway put it all back together, and found out that the only Batteries that will fit is the18650 no 2x700, no way no how! unless you cut out the front panel or the back panel the 20700 just barely fits with a little front panel rocking action, but not acceptable. and the only way for the 2x700 to fit is this...[img][/img] JUST GIVING YOU BUSINESS DJ!! lol.

Edited on 3/11/2018 at 1:17 PM. Reason:
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#9 (permalink)      4/2/2018 6:46:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Petery
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 233
  • Reviews 422
  • Kudos49
+1 details
Dang that 18650 logo lets me down a LOT.
#10 (permalink)      4/2/2018 7:49:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
leftjeffa
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 6322
  • Reviews 39
  • Kudos9256

18650 no 2x700, no way no how!

Lol. At least you're honest

Edited on 4/2/2018 at 7:49 AM. Reason:
Resistance is not futile, it's V/I
#11 (permalink)      4/2/2018 8:36:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
XDM45ACP wrote:

SORRY, DJ! BUT I CALL BULLSHIT!... First thing I received mine, and the fake chain link decal was peeling off. But let's talk about the two-minute hack, I'm very mechanically inclined, have the tools and the mind to do the job, the only thing I was missing was my Step drill bit yesterday, (my Son, so kindly forgot to return) but I still put my Mod Maker 510 on temp. So I tore down the $20 mod and went to town! removed the battery sled did some grinding on the contacts with my Dremel tool, come to find out that the contacts are not plated copper, just some cheap Chinese metal. Anyway put it all back together, and found out that the only Batteries that will fit is the18650 no 2x700, no way no how! unless you cut out the front panel or the back panel the 20700 just barely fits with a little front panel rocking action, but not acceptable. and the only way for the 2x700 to fit is this... JUST GIVING YOU BUSINESS DJ!! lol.

Both of mine fit 20700's and had silver plated copper contact plates. They weren't obtained from here. Maybe the front plate and back on yours are thicker than mine and you got a revised batch. Sold my black and blue ones three weeks after I posted my initial review.

leftjeffa wrote:

Lol. At least you're honest

I reviewed what I got.