shopping cart empty
Cool little trinket, until you populate it with 4 tritium tubes & the price goes from $9 to $50! Tritium is $30,000 a gram
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      1/11/2018 2:42:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3456
+7 details
Cool little trinket, until you populate it with 4 tritium tubes & the price goes from $9 to $50! Tritium is $30,000 a gram
It's $47.44 in total which is a bit expensive for what it is (fine in an expensive watch) anyway it's still cool but at that price I'd pref it in a silver "pendant"/trinket thing as those tubes aren't cheap.
I did a bit of research and now I know why such a small thing is so expensive (& fasttech are of course cheaper than most).

Tritium costs facking £20,748 a gram! ($30k)

The Most Expensive Substances in the World -> Tritium

Tritium costs $ 30 thousand per gram. It is used to write self-luminous signs "exit" in theaters, schools and offices.

Tritium is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen (hydrogen-3, 3 H) with an atomic mass of 3 (one proton, two neutrons).

The half-life of tritium is 12.34 years. For decays, tritium is converted into helium, giving off the rather intense beta radiation.

True energy of beta particles are relatively small, so when you find out the body (external radiation) tritium is not a serious threat.
Another thing is that the internal exposure (by ingestion of tritium inside the human body with air or water) can pose a serious threat to health.

The fact that tritium, an isotope of hydrogen being chemically behaves like hydrogen, and therefore it can replace hydrogen in all the compounds with oxygen, sulfur, nitrogen, easily penetrating into the cytoplasm of every cell.
In this case, emitted by tritium beta radiation can cause seriously damage to the genetic apparatus of cells.

Studies on the behavior of tritium in biological objects show sometimes thousand-fold accumulation in living organisms and food chains. Fortunately, in natural terrestrial ecosystems (excluding the bowels of the planet), there is almost no tritium.
Only trace amounts of the interaction of cosmic radiation with atmospheric gases are produced. On the Earth there can hardly be typed more than 1 kg of natural tritium.

However, in recent decades, the main source of tritium are the nuclear power plants.
Tritium is a major component of the radioactive liquid effluents and gaseous emissions of most nuclear power plants, as it is virtually impossible to filter. This leads to the contamination of the soil, groundwater and surface water around the plant.

It has long been shown that in the vicinity of some U.S. plants tritium content in the needles of the trees on the windward side is 10 times greater than the downwind, direct proof that this plant is the source of tritium.

These and other specific features can be attributed to tritium among the most radiation-hazardous long-lived nuclides, which can contaminate the biosphere, not only in the direct placement of the source, but also regionally and globally.

Obviously, these considerations led to the incorporation of tritium into the list of monitored radiological parameters in the new EU directive on drinking water quality.

TL;DR This pendant doesn't come with the tubes, expect to pay another $30 - $40 to complete

And one more amazing "fact"

just in case the 1st half of the post didn't trigger sir goof randal enough...

Edited on 1/11/2018 at 2:49 AM. Reason:
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#2 (permalink)      1/11/2018 4:01:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirWhizzo
  • JoinedOct 2017
  • Posts 673
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos438
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Rude
#3 (permalink)      1/11/2018 4:25:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3456
+3 details
You're so predictably incorrigible.

Edited on 1/11/2018 at 4:26 AM. Reason:
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#4 (permalink)      1/11/2018 4:40:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 15349
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos50864
+3 details
As a troll he is mediocre at best.
Must try harder!

Edited on 1/11/2018 at 4:41 AM. Reason:
“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#5 (permalink)      1/11/2018 7:06:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
solksagen
  • JoinedApr 2017
  • Posts 1807
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos2641
Post deleted by mod (Anniepan) on grounds of: Rude
300Wartz zero fighting zero spam zero trolls
#6 (permalink)      1/11/2018 9:40:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andre_Here
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 3051
  • Reviews 141
  • Kudos3996
They should make RDA/RTDA with it and you will always find your atty in the dark. LOL

Edited on 1/11/2018 at 9:42 AM. Reason:
So poor that I'm using paperclips for coils, strips of cotton jeans for wicks and coupons: MAP, BLF, DEALS & Event Discounts! But, I'm feeling much better now! LOL + No one should have 0 Kudos
#7 (permalink)      1/11/2018 10:34:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vape8ion
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 12656
  • Reviews 45
  • Kudos20137
+1 details
AV, you just, single handedly, blew holes in my business. Unable to repair.

I'm out.....have some fun. Eh?