shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Need help
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/13/2021 7:23:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos4
Need help
just received this cool mech, it works... only used for like 10 secs just to see if it works, no shortcuts, 510 pin connects well enough etc...
BUT! the problem I faced as soon as i opened the package, that the side panel comes of too easily... or more like pops off like it was spring loaded (the lid that encases the skunk bottle)
After a closer inspection it is clear now that the four magnets which would hold this lid were installed in the wrong way. ALL 4 OF THE MAGNETS! So it is basically worse than if were nothing that holds the lid.
The magnets are probably super-glued in place. I don't know what should I do... I would say as squonker now it's unusable since anything can press the bottle in my pocket or in my bag if the lid is not on. Not to mention it looks ugly without the lid.
So what should i do? any easy way to remove the magnets and put then back the right way? i dno't know any solvent that wouldn't damage the resin-brass body but disolves the super glue... I don't even know what kind of glue was used lol.
Shouls i just contact FT... ask for refound or replacement or something?
#2 (permalink)      4/13/2021 8:37:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
+3 details
Maybe you placed the door upside down. Try flipping it and see what happens first.

If the door isn't upside down the magnets are easy to remove and put back on in the right way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#3 (permalink)      4/13/2021 8:57:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bangaroo
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 66
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos70
+2 details
RATTY RAT // magnets not required on this mod ... just bend the brass c clamp cover a little //cheers
#4 (permalink)      4/13/2021 9:01:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2538
  • Reviews 267
  • Kudos1361
+1 details
yes, contact customer support. Once you send them a video of your problem, they most likely will credit you, which you can use to buy another in another color...then you'll have two bodies to swap your one working door in between. I own blue/white resin, PEI, and white POM versions, and all the parts are interchangeable - in fact, the ONLY real difference is some have a brass 510 pin and some have a Nickel coated 510 pin.
I know words...I have the best words.
#5 (permalink)      4/13/2021 9:15:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bangaroo
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 66
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos70
+2 details
RATTY RAT // if solvents are not working for you // drill out the 4 magnets in the brass c clamp ... Chinese magnets have a high carbon content // cheers
#6 (permalink)      4/13/2021 10:18:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Thnaks all the really fast answers!
First, Dj, it has the gas-mask piston dude simbol on it so it definitely not upside down... worst of all if I put it on upside down, it won't fit, and also the magnets still push the lid off.
The magnets are superglued so idk how it is so easy to remove them... I tried to pick them out with some sharp/pointy tools, but it's definitely glued in place well.
WD40, Petrol, Acetone did not helped... (but now it's really clean, not even a bacteria on it :D ) only tried on the brass part since idk if the black resin stands these solvents.. i dont want may mod to become stained and ugly... its a beauty now, needs a little sandpaper but overall I love everything about it.
Bangaroo... no... just no... The lid fits very well, if i blend it it'll be just tight, and i mean too tight, get stuck... hard to remove, hard to refill.
So yeah... if customer support not helps, than I grab my a drill and a grinder. Any advice where can i get this kind of little magnets? :)
And again thanks all the tips!
#7 (permalink)      4/13/2021 10:32:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Jubby
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 4248
  • Reviews 153
  • Kudos15961
SKU 4113703 ?
If you want on or off the list just let me know.
#8 (permalink)      4/13/2021 10:42:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
You can use a bigger and stronger magnet to remove the little magnets. I used one from an old speaker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgPDW0ZpgJU
#9 (permalink)      4/14/2021 6:15:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tony215
  • JoinedMar 2020
  • Posts 173
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos26
Ya.. I gave up on this squonk clone...
Bad connection/voltage drop..
Setting the 510 right was a bitch
Door fits poorly.

FT even sent me a second one as replacement..
Still lousy and the door was even worse than before..

Cool looking paper weight though...