shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Resin or POM version
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      3/12/2021 8:46:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos4
Resin or POM version
For real now, which one should i get?
SKU 9621907
SKU 9619654

Edited on 3/12/2021 at 8:47 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      3/12/2021 9:24:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bangaroo
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos71
+2 details
RATTY/RAT..// I'm using 2 x resin as I post to you // been 3yrs now I use 2 different flavours // big hitters there are no dings bangs or scratcher's on the resin body so far / have not owned a pom version / but me thinks the resin body version appearance wise after all my use holds up very well / I imagine that both versions would hit the same / mec squonkers 4ever/ cheers
#3 (permalink)      3/12/2021 9:42:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bangaroo
  • JoinedOct 2020
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos71
+3 details
RATTY/RAT // battery description shows 18650 or 20700 / I'm using Samsung 30t double rap 21700 in the resin version not sure about the pom version // cheers again ...
#4 (permalink)      3/13/2021 3:47:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
carrion4worm
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 2552
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos1375
+1 details
The bodies are the same material, despite being listed differently. the only real difference is one has a brass 510 pin and the other is nickel coated or something silver. If you are good with mechs, go for it! They hold 21700 Samsungs, but not many other older 21700s. As, long as you have Samsung or Molicell 21700s, they fit. Basen, Golisi, Litokalla, Avatar etc, WILL NOT FIT.

Battery cap is fussy, needs to stay dry and clean, as this is a constant contact switch. Pressing the button makes connection inside the switch, so use good batteries and dont overtighten cap. The bottle is decent, other bottles can be used if they are 18mm diameter or less....much more and the bottle wont fit beneath the squonk door. The door has good magnets that hold well.

The 510 must be manually adjusted...I recommend "set it and forget it" and use a specific rda, to keep adjusting to a minimum. Some of the clones have had oversized threads, which will result in pin movement and poor conductivity. I had one faulty one, with lots of slop in the threads - NO GOOD! These are great mods for the money, pretty accurate clones, and can work well with knowledge of building and safety. The body is well machined, and all parts go together well..These leak a bit, but a o-ring can mitigate the issue upon disassembly of the mod.
I know words...I have the best words.
#5 (permalink)      3/13/2021 6:11:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
RattyRat
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Thank you the answers, I read the discussions and it appeared that the 2 version are not from the same manufacturer so i afraid if they have different problems, and one is worse than the other. But if only 510 pin different than i probably go for the silver-ish one I guess (resin version SKU 9621907 )
at first i probably us it with Samsung 30Q or Samsung 25R6M, since I only have these... but may or may not get some Molicel P42A, or Samsung 30T/40T.
I just hope the threads will be ok, I love the appearance of this mod! I that it's heavy as a brick.
Thanks again for both of you!