Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Potentially the new MTL to own.
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/27/2017 4:16:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bassett
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 1696
  • Reviews 63
  • Kudos814
Potentially the new MTL to own.
What do you guys think about the interesting airflow? So long as juice dripped in from above goes down the cotton into the well and not down the ramp this has the potential to be the newest MTL piece to own. I got high hopes for this one.

Edited on 11/27/2017 at 4:17 AM. Reason:
*smokebomb*
#2 (permalink)      11/27/2017 4:56:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
airwinny
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 8830
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos31720
+1 details
As a squonk atty, this one works great. The little ramp really eliminates leaking when squonking.

Dripping doesn't really work in my opinion, the ramp is under your drip tip. You'd have to paint the coils.

It's a great atty though.
#3 (permalink)      11/27/2017 10:00:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cocorika
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 572
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos478
nice 19 mm rda, a quite airy MTL. I use it exclusively in squonking mode from time to time. it's a great flavor RDA and contrary to what one may think at first glance it's not that so prone to leak after a familiarization period. (ok it won't leak unless you overdrip, but this can always happen, at least at first. and then, this one is likely to cause real flooding, believe me! :)
And through this, it's a very nice flavor chucker. In addition the deck makes building a breeze. However, in this class, I prefer the "le Papillon" (16mm) or the Speed Revolution (18mm) with a slightly enlarged airflow.
#4 (permalink)      11/27/2017 5:53:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Bassett
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 1696
  • Reviews 63
  • Kudos814
I've never really understood why people buy squonk mods when you can just have a tank but it seems like the ramp placement might give one some purpose. Even so I don't feel compelled to buy one, I could drip into the second tiny hole on the opposite side just as easily.
*smokebomb*
#5 (permalink)      11/28/2017 6:18:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cocorika
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 572
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos478
Bassett wrote:

I could drip into the second tiny hole on the opposite side just as easily.

I agree totally, this rda is not exclusively dedicated to the bottom feeding, it's merely an option.
And more generally, squonking or not is just a matter of personal preference.
In any case it's a very nice RDA imo, I would definetly include it among my best rda (with the papillon, speed revolution, Origen little, Narda, Le Concorde, and that good old Magma).

btw I'm running with it since yesterday, your post made me want to check it out again before replying :))

#6 (permalink)      11/28/2017 3:44:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Randall_H
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 5428
  • Reviews 56
  • Kudos7133
+1 details
It does not include a standard (non-squonk) 510 pin for a reason. But if non-squonk people want to make it do something it wasn't intended to do, that's their prerogative.
#7 (permalink)      9/19/2018 12:38:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sway711
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 49
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos8
+1 details
Bassett wrote:

I've never really understood why people buy squonk mods when you can just have a tank but it seems like the ramp placement might give one some purpose. Even so I don't feel compelled to buy one, I could drip into the second tiny hole on the opposite side just as easily.

Not a bad idea but you cannot drip through the other 1.8mm hole because for one you need a small needle tip that has a 1.7 or less diameter shaft if you can find one, and by doing that, you are limited to using 50/50pg/vg. But most importantly, the hole on the other side does not go through to the deck, that is, if you are trying to fill it up behind the post. The only hole that goes through to the deck from the topcap is the slotted airflow hole by the peek ramp. This is meant for squonking in mind, and it's a beauty. I've ordered one from here, and I hope the original manufacturer s topcap fits on this one, because I'm ordering the 1.2mm airflow only topcap, as I prefer mtl and this thing looks like it delivers just that. I hope this smaller deck, adds value to the whole mtl experience with this one. Mtl decks without condensed/smaller Chambers tend to have internal airflow issues from what I've seen and experienced. I love the fact that I don't have to worry at all about my tank breaking if I drop it, that I think is the reason why squonking is better...also I can change my coil or cotton without having to finish my e liquid, or I can just change e liquid in the middle of the day without getting messy.