Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

YOU FOOLS!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/17/2017 4:55:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dansansome
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1107
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos937
MasterTriangle wrote:

It would have been so easy to make this able to fit on almost any mod at all! Just make the 510's a separate piece that pushes in with two o-rings to seal top and bottom.
Glad they made it but I'm disappointed it can only fit on tube mods, I've been waiting for a generic squonk conversion for a long time.

Lucifer_Dreams wrote:

You do know the whole squonk bottle side is removeable. You have to screw the unit back on.

I have seen some pictures on other sites with the bottle removed, and there is still some kind of fitting that would prevent it screwing onto box mods, i suppose you could pair it with one of those heat sink things if you really wanted to make it work, but it becomes a bit of a heath robinson contraption, with no real guarantee of where the bottle would be positioned once everything is screwed down tight.

#12 (permalink)      11/17/2017 6:36:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MasterTriangle
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 8
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos1
dansansome wrote:

I have seen some pictures on other sites with the bottle removed, and there is still some kind of fitting that would prevent it screwing onto box mods, i suppose you could pair it with one of those heat sink things if you really wanted to make it work, but it becomes a bit of a heath robinson contraption, with no real guarantee of where the bottle would be positioned once everything is screwed down tight.

*facepalm* hadn't thought of using a heatsink, that would definitely work since I can adjust the angle with spacers but it definitely is getting quite jankey at that point. I just don't use RDAs much so this sees like a good way to add squonking my mod when I do.

Also that super T looks hilarious on a pen vape.

#13 (permalink)      11/17/2017 7:31:09 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5736
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4099
super T, it's Carl from the walking dead!
#14 (permalink)      11/17/2017 7:39:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JoeVan
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 8084
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos10454
Moldy wrote:

this hideous thing looks like a dumpster fire, will make the mod top heavy meaning it will be forever falling over when set down.

This. Exactly this.

Joke's on you, this isn't actually a raffle.
#15 (permalink)      11/17/2017 7:47:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Squonk_life
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 1311
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos807
+1 details
Obviously no one will be taking this out of the house. I'm buying it for my amusement. I plan on using it on my noisy cricket 1&2 and on wismec gen 3. Hopefully this will keep my from buying trash squonkers until a good regulated one comes out that is small.
Squonklife
#16 (permalink)      11/17/2017 7:53:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5736
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4099
I was looking at some bigger pictures with more detail on another3f site and it doesn't look like the 510 is insulated at all.
#17 (permalink)      11/17/2017 1:11:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperNL
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos43
MasterTriangle wrote:

dansansome wrote:

*facepalm* hadn't thought of using a heatsink, that would definitely work since I can adjust the angle with spacers but it definitely is getting quite jankey at that point. I just don't use RDAs much so this sees like a good way to add squonking my mod when I do.

Also that super T looks hilarious on a pen vape.

You’ll need a fair bit of heatsink to get over that fitting. It looks to stick out about 8 to 10mm in total.

I bought it just for fun and not serious use. I have other sauonkers for that purpose. Anyway, this thing might end up in a drawer or in some sort of project someday.

#18 (permalink)      11/17/2017 1:47:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
doctadrea
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 774
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos891
All my tube mechs are hyrid. :(
#19 (permalink)      11/17/2017 2:00:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lucifer_Dreams
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7611
  • Reviews 96
  • Kudos8377
Never play with matches. You might burn the skin off your face.
#20 (permalink)      11/17/2017 3:47:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5736
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4099
They need to make a better version of this with a ratcheting 510 connection, nicer metal, better overall looking.. It's cool this one, it is what it is, it might be fun. The concept could be made much better though and work on all mods that would be a nice little game changer...
#21 (permalink)      11/17/2017 5:51:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VaperNL
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 116
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos43
+1 details
Decided to cancel it after all. It posed to be a challenge to get the cancelling option to work from this site......