shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Worth buying the original?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/19/2019 10:03:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos43
Worth buying the original?
Hi. I´ve bought this to try Kayfun Prime before buying the original. Despite some bad reviews on SXK version I choose it and now I'm very pleased because mine is perfect. No leaks when refilling, awesome flavor, smooth JFC, I don´t even have the need to change any O-ring 'cause they all works pretty well. So, my question is, apart from logos and engravings, worth buying the original one? will give me better performance in terms of flavor or anything else? Thanks.
#2 (permalink)      2/19/2019 12:37:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3459
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos4771
+2 details
To me the authentics are just not worth the price of admission. Unless you expressly want to support the original designer. I've bought a few OG's in my time and have been hard pressed to tell them apart from my clones and the vape is identical.

The only way I'd buy an authentic "high end" device these days... Is if, I'm damn sure that it'll be used for the long term. All my old OG's are sitting in a storage box. Just food for thought!

Edited on 2/19/2019 at 4:15 PM. Reason:
Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#3 (permalink)      2/19/2019 12:46:46 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FloWo1701
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 3552
  • Reviews 78
  • Kudos1958
+1 details
I bought about 2 dozens of KFL+ clones and 1 authentic.
Guess which one I never used?
Gina Royal: https://youtu.be/t2qAGfxoRu4
#4 (permalink)      2/19/2019 1:01:13 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AaronH83
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
I bought the SXK, the YFTK and the Svoemesto. There's nothing between them to be honest. The SXK is my daily beater on an EHPro Mod 101 Pro.
#5 (permalink)      2/19/2019 1:08:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos43
Don´t worth. Just needed someone to confirm it. Thank you all.

FloWo1701 wrote:

Gina Royal: https://youtu.be/t2qAGfxoRu4

Gina Royal is boring as hell. Sorry.

#6 (permalink)      2/19/2019 3:07:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 545
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos195
+1 details
Here’s my similar experience, it may help you:
I bought the original Kayfun V5 when it came out, and loved the quality. Later, I scratched it. I checked Svoemesto site for spares and found the parts cost more than a complete clone tank. So, I ordered a couple of better clones, including the SXK to replace my scratched parts with(this is why I always make sure the clone I buy has all the markings and engravings in the right places). When you put the authentic and clone(especially the better quality clones) side by side, you can notice small differences in the steel color, dimensions and polishing job. SXK also has a name engraving inside the AFC ring. The engravings in the authentic are more defined and deeper. The glass is definitely more durable than the clone glass. I have broken many clone glass tanks, but my authentic is still going, even with the more abuse it has endured. However, one authentic glass costs about the same as 8 clone glass packs. These differences aside, if you don’t have an authentic to hold next to an SXK clone, even it’ll be hard for a person who owns both to tell if it is authentic, or a clone.
I think you’ll have a similar experience with the Prime, which is practically an evolved Kayfun V5 designed specifically for MTL vaping.
With all that, I find myself using my Kayfun clones actively on daily basis as I don’t worry much about scratching or damaging them. I have packed my Kayfun v5, cleaned and repaired, in the original box and stored it with my authentic Kayfun v4, V3 Mini, Lite + and V3 in a collection. Am I sorry I bought it? No, and I’ll do it again. It’s like owning a Swiss watch. A $40 knockoff may work and look the same or even better. But people still buy the real one, even if they use it 3 times a year.
I hope this helps you in making your decision.

Edited on 2/20/2019 at 1:25 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      2/19/2019 5:32:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Gatok
  • JoinedSep 2018
  • Posts 23
  • Reviews 7
  • Kudos43
FrankieS wrote:

Here’s my similar experience, it may help you...

Sir, thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write them.

Recently I've switched from sub-ohm to MTL vaping, and all of my sub-ohm devices (RDA's, RTA's, RDTA's, Squonkers and Mech Tubes) are cleaned, packed and stored properly in a drawer. It was a basic and simple Pod device with Nic Salts which makes me pull the trigger and start trying MTL vaping. Now, one year after quitting cigarretes, I have finally found a style of vaping that really makes me feel satisfied with. The first MTL atomizer was a Cthulhu Hastur Mini, followed by the Berserker RDA. Then arrived the Cthulhu 1928 to join my MTL troop. Last week I´ve received The SXK Prime; really, really love it. One of the best flavors I´ve tasted from a rebuildable. I also have another Prime (YFTK) and A Dvarw V2 in their way from china. The point is that looking back to my previous vape parafernalia (13 original attys, 4 clones, mods, etc...) and the amount of money I´ve spend on it all, I feel that I'm getting into the same downward spiral as before, struggling with the idea of having an original Prime and I know that it will not end with it. I will wish more and more. My original question of this post was more an excuse (I already knew the answers, but needed someone who assure me) to make me stop, because I really want to stop buying vape things. Thinking about it, it´s more a matter of psychological fields or behavioral sciences, a sort of post modern pandemia (unbridled consumerism), what makes me (makes us) crave for those artifacts in such a way.

Anyway, I'm still struggling with the idea of an original Kayfun.

Thank you, I loved the way you exposed your point of view and half of me is with it.

Kind regards.

#8 (permalink)      2/19/2019 6:37:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 4753
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos4944
I bought SKU 9619221 version of the Prime and I can't imagine the original being any better. It's perfect, though my current favorite is now the Dvarw SKU 9646337
Battlestar + Dvarw MTL + SS316L + Muji + 0.90ohms = MTL Perfection
#9 (permalink)      2/19/2019 8:32:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 545
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos195
You are very welcome. And congratulations. Once you pass your first cigarette free year, it is unlikely for you to go back. Then let me give you a one year anniversary piece of information gift, not many people know. Svoemesto is about to release another Kayfun model that is geared toward MTL vapers. It is the remake and modernized version of the Kayfun Lite Plus, which is one of the all time MTL flavor chasing favorites. You could say it’s one of the first vaping hall of fame RTA’s. The release news was supposed to be announced last Friday but for some reason it’s been delayed. With this RTA, Svoemesto has decided to go more affordable with a lower price tag(sub $100) for the barebone RTA, and sell extra parts and options for extra money. If you want to buy an authentic, wait for this model. Because if this thing is based on Kayfun Lite Plus, not many MTL tanks can compete with it, in both flavor and quality. I personally have not seen the actual tank or the picture. But I have seen the distributor/beta tester email. I’ll post more information and review links here as soon as they become available.

Edited on 2/20/2019 at 1:24 AM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      2/19/2019 10:34:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
patrico1112
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 2137
  • Reviews 436
  • Kudos1958
Every time I've even wanted to find an Original Kayfun, I haven't been able to find a legit shop in US that has them in stock. If not for clones I'd have no kayfuns as Svomesto likes to keep the price high and produce a limited number of them. Price is one thing but the limited production is what peeves me the most. It's an atty not a collectable coin or whatever. Then there are shops passing clones off as original... I'll just stick with clones.

Edited on 2/19/2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason:
A psychopath here threatened to kill me. So I left. You should too. This place and your acct info is not safe.
#11 (permalink)      2/20/2019 12:00:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 545
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos195
Patrico1112, I hear you. Especially recently, the market and product quality have changed so much, it’s almost not worth buying the authentic. If you like to buy the authentic Kayfun, tell me what US city you live in and I’ll find you a distributor. I have contacts with Svoemesto. Kayfun is actually a better one to buy. At least you can buy it off the website or local distributors.Try buying a Hussar X Project or The End. You’ll have to enter a waiting list after you gain Hussar Vapes Facebook Group membership, which is another challenge altogether.

I found some new links. Haven’t seen the videos myself yet. Early reviews of Kayfun Lite v2019. Priced at €80:

Edited on 2/20/2019 at 1:23 AM. Reason: