shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Airflow control won't move
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/25/2018 7:35:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cooperator
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos5
Airflow control won't move
When I first put this thing together after cleaning, I was able to move the airflow control area. Push up, turn, and push it back down. When it was time to refill the tank, I closed the airflow without a problem, but no it won't open back up. I'm really frustrated with this thing. Anyone have any idea as to what might be happening that the airflow control is stuck?
#2 (permalink)      8/25/2018 9:29:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChummyBoy
  • JoinedMar 2014
  • Posts 1827
  • Reviews 164
  • Kudos1314
If you've opened up the juice flow completely it should give you enough height to pop the airflow control ring up enough to be able to change the setting, there's nothing keeping it from moving up other than the height of the juice flow
Live, love and be happy.
#3 (permalink)      8/25/2018 9:55:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
A_Stack_O_The_Clones
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 544
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos405
Either it's the juice flow as above, or you've managed to jam up the o-ring somehow. If you've got it open and it still won't move, take it apart again and don't assemble it dry this time.
#4 (permalink)      8/26/2018 12:05:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cooperator
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos5
I'm not sure what is meant by the height of the juiceflow. The first fill, it was dry, but it moved after that. On the attempt to refill, it closed, but after the refill it wouldn't close. I will try to loosen the top cap a bit and release some of the pressure to see if that works.
#5 (permalink)      8/26/2018 5:30:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
+1 details
Turn it upside down and rotate the tank - that's the juiceflow control - it's about 5-6 hand turns. Once you have done that, you can lift (or pull down in this case) the airflow ring and rotate it before seating it again aligned with one of the airholes.

You don't have to torque the topcap on very hard. Remember to use a light touch.
#6 (permalink)      8/26/2018 6:38:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Steve_
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 401
  • Reviews 16
  • Kudos280
My yftk prime hat an o-ring under the airflow ring that was slightly too big, and after some time it started to swell and jammed up the airflow completely.

Since I replaced it with the correct size it's super smooth to turn.
#7 (permalink)      8/29/2018 8:14:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cooperator
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 31
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos5
+1 details
Basically, I've found that I have to really loosen the base quite a bit in order to lift the air flow enough for it to rotate. I mean, it's a good 2 full rotations of the base and one would think that loosening the base that much would make it leak, but it hasn't. Light touch is right- I have never had a tank that 2 full rotations from tight is the right spot. It may be that the o-ring is too thick and I'll check that out the next time I rebuild... I haven't been using it much. I sure do miss my kayfun lite :(

Edited on 8/29/2018 at 8:15 AM. Reason: typos
#8 (permalink)      8/29/2018 8:28:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4809
  • Reviews 178
  • Kudos5831
+1 details
using my one at the mo and it needs 6 quarter turns to get it wicking with 80 vg
#9 (permalink)      8/29/2018 8:41:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dansansome
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1099
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos926
cooperator wrote:

Basically, I've found that I have to really loosen the base quite a bit in order to lift the air flow enough for it to rotate. I mean, it's a good 2 full rotations of the base and one would think that loosening the base that much would make it leak, but it hasn't. Light touch is right- I have never had a tank that 2 full rotations from tight is the right spot. It may be that the o-ring is too thick and I'll check that out the next time I rebuild... I haven't been using it much. I sure do miss my kayfun lite :(

I cant speak for the genuine prime, but my genuine kayfun five also needed around two full turns before the AFC could be moved, it wasnt a problem. i normally set & forget my airflow anyway, but on the rare occasion i wanted to remind myself that big air isnt my thing, i just unscrewed the tank a bit to move the ring.

#10 (permalink)      8/29/2018 9:49:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
essellar
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 1464
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1263
Two full turns is what it's supposed to take. That's the way it works on the authentic as well. Two full turns is also completely open for the juice flow - less is reducing the liquid flow, more is just undoing the tank for no good reason.
#11 (permalink)      8/29/2018 9:52:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
+1 details
I self calibrated the turns to what was comfortable with my hands, heh.