shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Leaking from the airflow control
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/13/2018 1:50:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FichoZG
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 58
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos7
Leaking from the airflow control
I have 2 yftk prime atomizers and they are great really, but sometimes one is leaking a bit through the AFC. What can cause this exactly ?

I use cotton bacon v2 and I always wick lightly because this RTA doesn't like too much cotton inside the juice channels. Coil is very close to the airhole, but isn't touching it.
MTL's not dead
#2 (permalink)      5/13/2018 4:41:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4807
  • Reviews 178
  • Kudos5828
+1 details
its a good bet that its the o rings below the deck, if you have spares, replace them, sometines just taking them off and reseating them works,, i went for the cheap version and have no probs with it, so far, but if it starts to gurgle etc after filling it will be down to the two o rings
#3 (permalink)      5/13/2018 5:19:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FichoZG
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 58
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos7
gmm11 wrote:

its a good bet that its the o rings below the deck, if you have spares, replace them, sometines just taking them off and reseating them works,, i went for the cheap version and have no probs with it, so far, but if it starts to gurgle etc after filling it will be down to the two o rings

I though about this, but the leaking also happens on my new yftk prime on which I replaced the o-rings with original Svoemesto Prime o-rings. Could it be that I'm opening the JFC too much (2 full turns) considering I wick lightly ?

MTL's not dead
#4 (permalink)      5/13/2018 5:27:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4807
  • Reviews 178
  • Kudos5828
with my one, two full turns would be too much, i do 3-4 quarter turns if that,, next time you wick it, open it by quarter (bottle opening) turns and when you see the bubbles rising , thats enough
#5 (permalink)      5/13/2018 6:39:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 4880
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos5225
The trick I believe is to close the JFC upside down. Take a couple of hits then refill. After refill, take a couple hit then open the JFC. My theory is it's leftover juice in the chamber. This works for me!
Battlestar 200W + Dvarw MTL + SS316L + Muji + 0.80ohms = MTL Perfection
#6 (permalink)      5/13/2018 6:42:45 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FoxVape
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 4880
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos5225
+1 details
The Kayfun V3 Mini Plus taught me that trick. And it also work on my cheap Prime. :-)
Battlestar 200W + Dvarw MTL + SS316L + Muji + 0.80ohms = MTL Perfection
#7 (permalink)      8/1/2018 11:16:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tadgh68
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos2
Had the same problem. Took it apart and reseated all the o-rings. Still no good.

Had a few spare o-rings lying around so tried a few different ones. The spares list the #10 o-ring as a 10x1mm, however, I changed it for an 11x1. Still leaked.

Tried a 11.5x1mm and that seems to have done the trick. Have left it on its side with the airhole facing downwards. An hour later, still all good.

I would recommend trying a different size o-ring.
#8 (permalink)      8/23/2018 1:42:17 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Vapena
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 100
  • Reviews 143
  • Kudos23
+1 details
I use two of Kayfun V3 Mini Plus for more than a year almost every day.
And now i used ST Prime With the short PEI glass for over a week, and both type they have never leaked.
But i always did what FoxVape said. Turn it upside Down before I open the juice flow.
And the juice flow I open only one full turn, or a bit more.
I fill up With Cotton bacon or muji, but i do not compress it. Just only properly filled.
How much, and how hard you put the Cotton is essential.
Hard MTL Draw need a bit compressed Cotton, compered to a very lose draw.
When you Reduse the Airflow,(but suck the same way) you will also increase the amount of Liquid in to the Chamber.

Edited on 8/23/2018 at 1:52 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      9/3/2018 7:25:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FichoZG
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 58
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos7
Solved by reassembling the whole atty and making sure that the center post (part #6) is really tightly screwed into the deck.
MTL's not dead