shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

I like my Nautilus X better....
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      12/20/2017 7:39:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
griyataman
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+1 details
Thanks all for the replies.

@wuwei.ap
i tried your way and it is better but still, very muted flavor! I'll keep trying.
#12 (permalink)      12/20/2017 7:54:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
Hope it works out for you.

My first love was the Nautilus and my fave tanks, at least to me were ones that *simulated* what I got from the Nautilus, and for myself, I tried 3 Kayfuns as well as another MTL rebuildable that many loved here and wasnt ever able to get the sort of flavour I was looking or out of them either.

Always seemed muted by comparison.

Eventually found what i was looking for with 2 attys designed 1.5-2 years ago, one of which, i have all but one air hole closed. Not quite MTL but the same dense thick flavour i was seeking after the Nautilus.
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#13 (permalink)      12/20/2017 8:46:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
griyataman
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Yeah, i've tried so many different types of wicks and none have produced any flavor close to my Nautilus..
Do you have any recommendations for MTL tanks that aren't RTA, RDA etc?

I might get another Nautilus X if i can't get this flavor sorted.
#14 (permalink)      12/20/2017 8:54:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
I am no longer a classic MTL vaper so you might not like what I like.

I fell in love with the UD Bellus, but as I said, I kept it all closed except for one air hole.
So not quite classic MTL as one would get with the 1.8 Aspire coils but less tight.

My partner has used the Nautilus for 4 years now and refuses to use anything else.
But I did at one time have him on the classic old Kanger subtank with a 1.2 coil and he was quite happy with that whilst some coils being shipped took too long.
He would have been happy with that had his coils never arrived but in the end........he's just happier with the Nautilus, and the coils, familiarity and all.

Dont know if you can get those old classic sub tanks anymore though.

* in the end, a box of 5 coils cost $10 - so $2.50 per week as he changes his coils every 6-7 days.
TBH, in the long run it likely cost him less to do it that way, than as a hobbyist trying all different things.
I say that, only because i find a lot of people dont want to spend the money on coils but they really cost so little.

EDIT: unless you are really into learning how to make your own coils and becoming a hobbyist, if the Nautilus works for you, why move away from it. If I knew then what i know today, I would have stayed with the Nautilus, as my partner insisted for himself he wanted to do. 4 years later he still loves it, keeps him happy, no fuss...easy peasy and loves the flavour, so why screw with perfection IF it is perfect for you?!

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 9:11 PM. Reason:
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#15 (permalink)      12/20/2017 11:11:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
+2 details
Some things to think about griyataman...

The height of the coil affects the vapor production and flavour, you may want to fiddle with that. Also, the amount of wicking. I use Muji pads which makes it a bit easier to get a consistent amount when cutting a strip of it. You can use the JFC to adjust the liquid so that the right amount of liquid makes it to the coil. I prefer stainless steel (316L) over Kanthal, it produces more vapor per ohm due to surface area and the gauge also has some affects flavour.

You could add or remove a wrap from a coil to see what results you get with flavour. Since you're using Kanthal, you can go up a gauge (thinner), since it's a stiffer wire.

All the abovementioned is related too. You can fiddle around with those variables to find where your vapor is making the right flavour for your palate.

I'm having good results from mine.
#16 (permalink)      12/20/2017 11:12:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151

Edited on 12/20/2017 at 11:12 PM. Reason: