shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

What causes this mod to hit so weakly?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      12/3/2017 4:45:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Shuma72
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Very first "disease" his fashion, corrosion-resistant part of contact of the connector. So I was in the first sets of the original..... then have corrected. The second, is a contact petal, it from... banks, also has to be from silver if the connector from stainless steel and from copper if a part of contact of the connector from copper. My assumptions if to place a petal from silver, then it will save, but as practice with the original has shown, but false pressing of the button, all the same were why the connector has been remade.
#22 (permalink)      12/5/2017 8:25:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
andyukd
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 50
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos25
bruhaha wrote:

I took mine apart as soon as I got it and applied DeoxIT to all the connection areas that pass current.
Mod hits great with a 26g .4 ohm parallel build in a pocket rda clone. Very well machined inside and out and looks and feels great in hand. The bottle carrier system is really nice and leak free. I believe the bottle that comes with the mod is a 6ml sjmy silicone (correct me if I'm wrong).
I had a couple misfires that I think happened due to the tiny button and short contact strip at the switch. This requires a more deliberate press on the button to ensure contact is made than your typical box squonk, which has a softer throw. Once I figured that out the mod fires every time and hits just as well as any other mech I own. I've been chain vaping on mine for two days now and really enjoying it. So much so that I bought another one. I don't like cheap looking or constructed mods and I wanted something I could enjoy using even alongside my high end stuff. This is that device.

Question please
Does the 510 adjust at all
the Gen has the allen key hole in the middle and is manual adjust up/down,, no one has said if the yftk clone does yet

#23 (permalink)      12/6/2017 4:59:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
Sossij wrote:

Lefeuvre wrote:
despite it making the switch mechanism red hot. Anyone with the technical nous know what might be causing this problem and whether it is fixable?

You answered your own question. The switch should not get hot and needs cleaning/fixing.

I saw this, "If you have a "hot button" and have determined there are not any shorts in the battery or atomizer, your problem may be increased resistance due to oxidation build up or the build of the coil is too low of ohm and drawing to many amps for the switch to carry."

I was already seeing oxidation on the switch after firing it for less than an hour. I also think that the 20amps that I am drawing from the battery to fire it is too much for this very basic of switches. Lets hope they accept returns on the basis that it's "A bit shit."

#24 (permalink)      12/7/2017 9:09:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
Genuine contacts next to Clone

As you can see the genuine version has a massive thick brass contact and what could be a silver or SS connection petal (have no idea what the right word is). If you compare this to the thin steel contact on the clone you can see why it gets super hot and will very quickly melt your button and oxidise your petal so it doesn't hit or when it does it feels like 10w on an old cigalike.

Edited on 12/7/2017 at 9:12 AM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      12/8/2017 12:03:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Shuma72
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Lefeuvre, in the first versions of the original, the connector steel was. Did you try to change this petal, for copper or brass? If our Chinese friends, remake, completely on the brass connector, and will put a petal from copper 0,3 mm thick, this can fashion and will earn, and so he the dead now.
#26 (permalink)      12/8/2017 12:15:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
n8rida
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 149
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos50
Hi everyone I had the same problem where the button was getting hot when I first got it I cleaned it and then used it the button was getting hot so what I did I found an electric remote for my kids car that he isn't using anymore in the remote where you put the batteries I took out the contacts which were made of brass I think and I cut it to size and put it in the place of that thin petal plate they provided now I'm using it for 2 days with no problem and it hits normal to what I like hope this helps any one that still have it and is still getting hot button
#27 (permalink)      12/11/2017 4:46:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
I tried to make a petal out of copper but there was not flex to it and it wouldn't spring back when pressed. I will have a look at brass. It seems to be firing every time now but my god this thing is weak.
#28 (permalink)      12/11/2017 12:34:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mediendoc
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 852
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos3557
+1 details
original 510

FB Post:

VenomX - the 'too firm button' fix

I've read it a few times now: "The button press is too firm for me". I had the same feeling, and this is how I fixed it / how I adjusted it to my needs weeks ago.

First of all: This is how I solved the 'problem', no 'official fix' because it's not really a problem - so don't shout at me if you're going to try it and wreck the silver plate.

Disassemble the Venom, and disassemble the silver plate (pic). Be careful when you take the plate off, because there are two (TWO) little washers. Don't loose them. Take it off - you're now holding the silver plate in your hands. Only the plate.

The thickness of the plate is 0.4mm, that's why you think that's a firm press.

Take some fine sandpaper, and sand it down a little bit. The THICKNESS of the plate, NOT the height. Lay the sandpaper on a table, and push and pull the complete silver plate back and forth a few times 'til it gets down to ~0.3mm. It's a two minutes work - not more.

Assemble everything and enjoy your VenomX like you've never done before.

That's how I adjusted it to my needs. It's soft now, really soft, and a joy to use. The 0.4 was too hard for me, and it seems like that I'm not the only pussy. No arcing, and working like a charme for weeks now. It's perfect.

Again: That's how I fixed 'the problem'. You don't have to be an engineer to do it - just do it. But a little bit carefully, please.

Edited on 12/11/2017 at 12:39 PM. Reason:
#29 (permalink)      12/18/2017 6:29:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bruhaha
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
+1 details
andyukd wrote:

bruhaha wrote:
I took mine apart as soon as I got it and applied DeoxIT to all the connection areas that pass current.
Mod hits great with a 26g .4 ohm parallel build in a pocket rda clone. Very well machined inside and out and looks and feels great in hand. The bottle carrier system is really nice and leak free. I believe the bottle that comes with the mod is a 6ml sjmy silicone (correct me if I'm wrong).
I had a couple misfires that I think happened due to the tiny button and short contact strip at the switch. This requires a more deliberate press on the button to ensure contact is made than your typical box squonk, which has a softer throw. Once I figured that out the mod fires every time and hits just as well as any other mech I own. I've been chain vaping on mine for two days now and really enjoying it. So much so that I bought another one. I don't like cheap looking or constructed mods and I wanted something I could enjoy using even alongside my high end stuff. This is that device.

Question please
Does the 510 adjust at all
the Gen has the allen key hole in the middle and is manual adjust up/down,, no one has said if the yftk clone does yet

Yes it adjusts. I'm using the pocket rda on mine and had to adjust the 510 with the key for it to make a connection for this rda.

#30 (permalink)      12/19/2017 11:13:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
bruhaha
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
mediendoc wrote:

original 510FB Post:VenomX - the 'too firm button' fixI've read it a few times now: "The button press is too firm for me". I had the same feeling, and this is how I fixed it / how I adjusted it to my needs weeks ago.First of all: This is how I solved the 'problem', no 'official fix' because it's not really a problem - so don't shout at me if you're going to try it and wreck the silver plate.Disassemble the Venom, and disassemble the silver plate (pic). Be careful when you take the plate off, because there are two (TWO) little washers. Don't loose them. Take it off - you're now holding the silver plate in your hands. Only the plate.The thickness of the plate is 0.4mm, that's why you think that's a firm press.Take some fine sandpaper, and sand it down a little bit. The THICKNESS of the plate, NOT the height. Lay the sandpaper on a table, and push and pull the complete silver plate back and forth a few times 'til it gets down to ~0.3mm. It's a two minutes work - not more.Assemble everything and enjoy your VenomX like you've never done before.That's how I adjusted it to my needs. It's soft now, really soft, and a joy to use. The 0.4 was too hard for me, and it seems like that I'm not the only pussy. No arcing, and working like a charme for weeks now. It's perfect.Again: That's how I fixed 'the problem'. You don't have to be an engineer to do it - just do it. But a little bit carefully, please.

Thanks for posting this! My one minor complaint with this mod so far has been with the button. It is too small for the amount of pressure required to fire the mod. At first I thought this mod would be perfect if the button were a bit bigger, but after using it for a couple weeks I like the size of it so this will be a great fix.

#31 (permalink)      12/21/2017 3:12:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
morepadilla
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Hello i received mine yesterday and it comes with this extra part, do you know what it is for?

Edited on 12/21/2017 at 3:20 PM. Reason: