shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Any 1 recieved
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      11/22/2017 3:32:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kamikaze702k
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 473
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos195
disappointed with this, its weak af!! even my pico is giving a better vape, this thing is dead even on a fully charged battery.

my advise,

save your money, do not buy this
#12 (permalink)      11/22/2017 4:25:47 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
I probably should have waited a little longer before writing the above. I have now stripped it down completely, got a 20700 battery in and fitted a genuine delrin button. It really is excellently made. The finish is great. No gaps, marks or clunky threads. The issues I was having was mainly the shitty build I had in. Having not used a mechanical mod for ages I had forgotten the importance of build. Now have a 0.25 ohm build coming in at about 40w. Hitting fine now (for me) . Button is greatly improved and so far has been firing every time (still miss a clicky button). Filling the bottle is a bit messy. I can't get one of those top fill 510 bottles to work. All in all I am happy enough and take back that its not worth the money. It feels expensive, far more than the 3D printed mods. Problem is... Why would you have a mech Squonker over a regulated one? I have used my Wraith every day for months at 40w at 0.5 to 0.8 very happily. I can't see this being a daily beater. Sorry this is so long.

Edited on 11/22/2017 at 4:33 PM. Reason:
#13 (permalink)      11/22/2017 4:26:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
Oh and I have a rudimentary tester and there doesn't appear to be any significant voltage drop.
#14 (permalink)      11/22/2017 5:29:41 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Antony83
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos86
Lefeuvre wrote:

I probably should have waited a little longer before writing the above. I have now stripped it down completely, got a 20700 battery in and fitted a genuine delrin button. It really is excellently made. The finish is great. No gaps, marks or clunky threads. The issues I was having was mainly the shitty build I had in. Having not used a mechanical mod for ages I had forgotten the importance of build. Now have a 0.25 ohm build coming in at about 40w. Hitting fine now (for me) . Button is greatly improved and so far has been firing every time (still miss a clicky button). Filling the bottle is a bit messy. I can't get one of those top fill 510 bottles to work. All in all I am happy enough and take back that its not worth the money. It feels expensive, far more than the 3D printed mods. Problem is... Why would you have a mech Squonker over a regulated one? I have used my Wraith every day for months at 40w at 0.5 to 0.8 very happily. I can't see this being a daily beater. Sorry this is so long.

Some people prefer the simplicity of a mech mod, not much to go wrong. If it gets wet or dropped chances are it will still work or can easily be repaired.

Also ...and this is very subjective some people myself included ,feel that there is a definite difference in the quality of vape with a mech, the direct battery to coil gives a smoother power output than a regulated chip based device.

Why wouldn't you use it as a daily beater?

#15 (permalink)      11/24/2017 7:32:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
The main reason having now had it for three days is that twice I've had to take it apart and realign the switch. It has just stopped firing and I've narrowed it down to the switch not hitting the contact. Too unreliable to be my daily mod.
#16 (permalink)      11/28/2017 2:03:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Drigga
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1
+1 details
I received mine today and must admit that this purchase was a waste of money. I only use Mech Mods, so that I‘m expirienced. My build is at 0.2Ohms and thats the weakest hit I‘ve ever seen. I‘ll try to return it. Its definetely not usable.

Edited on 11/28/2017 at 2:04 PM. Reason:
#17 (permalink)      11/29/2017 4:34:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Drigga
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1
Lefeuvre wrote:

I have now stripped it down completely, got a 20700 battery in and fitted a genuine delrin button.

Where did you get such Button?

Edited on 11/29/2017 at 4:35 AM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      11/30/2017 4:48:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
From the Hellfire website.
#19 (permalink)      11/30/2017 4:57:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
Interestingly the metal button from an old Vaporshark DNA30 fits well as both my buttons have got chewed up, possibly even melted I can't tell which. I tried the metal switch and after firing it for a few seconds the button became so hot it burnt my finger. Is that normal? I don't have much experience of mechs unfortunately but surely the fire button should not burn your fingers.

I am also going to try and return it. I can't work out what is making this such a dud when it is clearly an accurate representation of the original. Any thoughts?

Also what do you think makes this fire so weakly. Is it the contacts? Surely a full 20700 battery firing at 4.2v and around 40-45w with a 0.25ohm coil should hit pretty hard. This takes at least 2 seconds to ramp up and then it's behaves like a 12w vape pen.

Would there be any way to modify it so I don't have the hassle of sending it back?

Edited on 11/30/2017 at 6:07 AM. Reason:
#20 (permalink)      11/30/2017 9:08:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Antony83
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos86
Lefeuvre wrote:

Interestingly the metal button from an old Vaporshark DNA30 fits well as both my buttons have got chewed up, possibly even melted I can't tell which. I tried the metal switch and after firing it for a few seconds the button became so hot it burnt my finger. Is that normal? I don't have much experience of mechs unfortunately but surely the fire button should not burn your fingers.I am also going to try and return it. I can't work out what is making this such a dud when it is clearly an accurate representation of the original. Any thoughts?Also what do you think makes this fire so weakly. Is it the contacts? Surely a full 20700 battery firing at 4.2v and around 40-45w with a 0.25ohm coil should hit pretty hard. This takes at least 2 seconds to ramp up and then it's behaves like a 12w vape pen.Would there be any way to modify it so I don't have the hassle of sending it back?

I don't have one of these but at a guess I would say it more to do with the tube and battery cap threading that is causing the voltage drop as the 510 and contacts look fine.

I would recommend that you join a dedicated gaping forum ecf or pov and post pics in the advanced section to get some answers and solutions from experts

#21 (permalink)      11/30/2017 10:30:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5455

I don't have one of these but at a guess I would say it more to do with the tube and battery cap threading that is causing the voltage drop as the 510 and contacts look fine.

I don't have the Venom X either... But, if the switch is getting hot, it's the culprit of the voltage drop. The switch is actually becoming part of the load in the circuit...

It has to be providing/allowing a resistance in continuity to heat up like that... Just a guess, but more than likely, not enough surface to surface contact area creating a "resistive choke point" to the flow of current.

Some pics of the switch assembly would be helpful...

Living is the only thing worth dying for...