shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Any 1 recieved
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      11/18/2017 4:46:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
n8rida
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 149
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos50
Any 1 recieved
Has any 1 recieved this mod to share some light on it or is it still to early for any 1 to have recieved it any feedback will be appreciated thanx

Edited on 11/18/2017 at 4:48 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      11/21/2017 11:18:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
+1 details
I have received mine and the quality is definitely there. My only gripe is that it won't take an 18650 so you'll have to buy a 20700 to use with it which would be another $14 or so. Should have come with an adaptor in my opinion. The connectors look very well made.
#3 (permalink)      11/21/2017 3:31:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
n8rida
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 149
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos50
Thank you very much for the feedback but I think you can fit a 18650 battery in it but you have to screw the connector all the way through
#4 (permalink)      11/21/2017 3:52:23 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1708
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1792
I'd like to know for sure if it does in fact take an 18650. @Lefeuvre, would you mind trying an 18650 to see if the connector just needs to be screwed in further? How are the threads on the connector, smooth?
#5 (permalink)      11/22/2017 3:28:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lefeuvre
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 78
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos21
+1 details
It definitely takes an 18650. I'm running one with it now. You do indeed screw the connector all the way down.

After 24 hours with it I would say the biggest gripe is the switch. It's very hit and miss. I'm going to change out the button and see if that makes any difference.

It also doesn't hit very hard. The contacts look very well made but I doubt they are silver plated. Could they be stainless steel? I might consider replacing them with copper and see if that helps. Will also play around with builds.

Despite the quality feel of it after 24 hours I would not recommend it unless you really want a Venom X clone. For this price there are much better squonkers out of the box. Would I buy another one? No.
#6 (permalink)      11/22/2017 5:42:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
n8rida
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 149
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos50
@lefeuvre What button are you thinking swapping it with and hope it works out for you thank you for your info unfortunately I purchased 1 during the sale and it is shipped

Edited on 11/22/2017 at 6:04 AM. Reason:
#7 (permalink)      11/22/2017 10:07:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Antony83
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos86
Lefeuvre wrote:

It definitely takes an 18650. I'm running one with it now. You do indeed screw the connector all the way down.

After 24 hours with it I would say the biggest gripe is the switch. It's very hit and miss. I'm going to change out the button and see if that makes any difference.

It also doesn't hit very hard. The contacts look very well made but I doubt they are silver plated. Could they be stainless steel? I might consider replacing them with copper and see if that helps. Will also play around with builds.

Despite the quality feel of it after 24 hours I would not recommend it unless you really want a Venom X clone. For this price there are much better squonkers out of the box. Would I buy another one? No.

Thank you for the heads up and 'taking one for the team' as it were! It seems to be a common theme with YFTK atm. When I opened up the box of the YFTK Pulsar clone I was astounded at how good it looked especially given the price, even after an hour or two using it I felt happy with it.

However after a day or so using it, its niggly flaws started to become apparent, voltage drop, dodgy bottle system and despite its glossy looks it wasn't long before I was heading over to Ebay to get rid of it before the news spread lol

As you said above I think if you are going for a budget mech squonker the best option is to get one of the low cost authentic ones from well known manufacturers.

I can recommend the following as exellent choices:

Pulse BF - Great looks and build quality, very user friendly and safe with a nice bottle and replaceable doors only cons are the slight voltage drop and its quite big n boxy.

Geekvape Athena - Great compact size and metal body, easy to clean internals with easy to use lock and super hard hitting, cons are slightly boxy and uncomfortable to hold and no 20700 battery option.

Hugo Squeezer - Very ergonomic body with a great well fitting grippy faux 3D printed exterior, hard hitting with silver plated copper contacts, huge 10ml bottle x2 and a useful 30ml refiller, best value of the bunch.

Any of the above are great choices and far better than the tat YFTK are knocking out as of late :)

#8 (permalink)      11/22/2017 12:52:54 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
inswva
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 92
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos131
Lefeuvre wrote:

It also doesn't hit very hard.

FWIW, I used to own an authentic Venom and it was one of the weakest hitting mech squonkers I've owned... and I've owned a bunch.

#9 (permalink)      11/22/2017 2:20:51 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kamikaze702k
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 473
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos195
just received mine today, haven't started using it yet, I will give feedback here by the end of the day tomorrow if it is worth buying or not....
#10 (permalink)      11/22/2017 3:28:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MrGud
  • JoinedNov 2017
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Back in the day I owned dozen hellfire mechs and none of them was hard hitting, and all of them needed almost daily cleaning of the switch to hit OKish.

It's all the hype and nothing but hype with HF from begging. Their genesis atomizers were among the hardest one to make setup to wick perfectly unless you used 100% PG. I respected them for making nice drippers with 1mm AF for old school MTL vapers, but now even that become mainstream and airy ...

While on the other side Satburn's and Atmomixani's were one of the hardest hitting mods I ever had and they required almost 0 maintenance. Same goes for their attys.

If you want hard hitting "mech" box buy one with MOSFET ;)

Edited on 11/22/2017 at 3:32 PM. Reason:
#11 (permalink)      11/22/2017 3:32:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Kamikaze702k
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 473
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos195
disappointed with this, its weak af!! even my pico is giving a better vape, this thing is dead even on a fully charged battery.

my advise,

save your money, do not buy this