[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Does anyone else have this problem
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/3/2018 12:19:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KingVapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 31
  • Kudos28
Does anyone else have this problem
Airflow gap problem. Cannot seem to screw the bottom base any tighter. Is it a o ring that makes the problem ?

Edited on 6/3/2018 at 12:19 PM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      6/3/2018 1:32:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lucifer_Dreams
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7639
  • Reviews 97
  • Kudos8389
KingVapor wrote:

Airflow gap problem. Cannot seem to screw the bottom base any tighter. Is it a o ring that makes the problem ?

If you mean gap above and below the airflow ring then yes. I do have that. Have not tried changing the O-rings since it appears to be only a visual issue. It has not cause any issues with adjusting the airflow for me nor allowed any extra air in. I have no leaks as well. In fact I don't even close the juice flow control when filling. Just dump and go.

Never play with matches. You might burn the skin off your face.
#3 (permalink)      6/3/2018 2:05:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos352
It quite probably is the o-rings.

My airflow ring was extremely tight at the beginning and when adjusting, the incredibly soft o-rings were stretching out and poking through my airflow cutouts. I've swapped mine and no more gap or problems.

Things I've changed on my tank; the large o-rings, which are 40*1.5mm and also the grub screws which are sets of M2.5*3mm and the M2.5*4mm. The stock ones were strip central for me.
#4 (permalink)      6/4/2018 7:51:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KingVapor
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 31
  • Kudos28
I did get t to become tight again. I just pushed the o rings in a little bit. Seems like they had expanded. Thabks for the replies. I do really think that having a tight airflow ring helps the liquid access the wick. I had alot of problems with my atty until i got it tight again
#5 (permalink)      6/16/2018 8:04:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 180
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos352
Lucifer_Dreams wrote:

If you mean gap above and below the airflow ring then yes. I do have that.

Just a thought; I've lent mine to a friend for the last week and he complained about the same issue after a couple of rebuilds.
I took a look at the tank yesterday and with the bottom unscrewed off, the two 12mm ledges on the build deck weren't aligned with the cutouts on the tank which meant it wasn't seated properly. It also meant that the airflow wasn't aligned correctly with the coils. This will cause a gap between the airflow and juice flow rings. These notches;

Edited on 6/16/2018 at 8:11 AM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      6/20/2020 1:22:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Christopher_B
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 140
  • Reviews 71
  • Kudos19
I had to lube up the o-rings to close the gap, even the juice controll was a problem.. If that dosent help, change the o-rings on the bottom part of the tank..
#7 (permalink)      7/1/2020 9:47:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
currifithe
  • JoinedJun 2020
  • Posts 12
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
Christopher_B wrote:

I had to lube up the o-rings to close the gap, even the juice controll was a problem.. If that dosent help, change the o-rings on the bottom part of the tank..

Did you have any problems with this after that?