[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Tony B says the switch is fine...
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      10/25/2017 6:39:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Rene_vape_master
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 273
  • Reviews 20
  • Kudos117
+2 details
TruckinVapor wrote:

Billyray05 wrote:
Battery Mooch has just posted his results on his switch test and it passed without any issues. I'm glad I had it pre-ordered now others waiting on the results will be flooding to purchase it now.
Wow, I think Mooch's testing has exceed everyone's expectations!

It's remarkable that he did 20,000 button presses manually. 15K actuations running a 0.17 ohm load off a single VTC5A. (Recharging every 200 switch cycles)

What's even more remarkable was the 5K torture test involving a 0.09 ohm load with dual VTC5A's stacked in series.

Good lord, if it survived that abuse, we have a winner!

Thanks Mooch, you da'man!

Along with Squonking (obviously) the appearence of Mooch and his impeccable, impressive testing has to be one of the single, most best things to ever happen in the vaping world!

Where would we be without him...

...well, I for one would probably still be using crappy Efests, instead of vtc5a's, and would probably now be missing half my face, and my right hand.....a highly valuable commodity on those lonely nights lmfao!

Thanks Mooch!

#22 (permalink)      11/11/2017 3:55:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
+4 details
I've been using mine for about 10 days now and five things annoy me about it. Firstly, the biggest annoyance is the firing button. It's just big, too mushy and you can't make it less mushy. Secondly, it's too wide and boxy making it uncomfortable. Thirdly, the back panel is a pain in the ass as it doesn't have a groove on the top or bottom to put your fingernail in to remove it. The fourth thing is the sharp protruding top battery plate. It cuts your battery wraps and the silicone 18650 battery adapter. Lastly, the voltage drop due to the hinged locking lever.

#23 (permalink)      11/11/2017 4:36:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Antony83
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos86
+4 details
djvillan wrote:

I've been using mine for about 10 days now and five things annoy me about it. Firstly, the biggest annoyance is the firing button. It's just big, too mushy and you can't make it less mushy.

Secondly, it's too wide and boxy making it uncomfortable. Thirdly, the back panel is a pain in the ass as it doesn't have a groove on the top or bottom to put your fingernail in to remove it. The fourth thing is the sharp protruding top battery plate. It cuts your battery wraps and the silicone 18650 battery adapter. Lastly, the voltage drop due to the hinged locking lever.

I'm not too bothered about the button, I like it's size and have learned to press it in just a little bit to avoid the mushy throw of a full actuation.

Really not noticed the back panel thing I have quite big fingers and I can flick off the panel without any issues.

As for tearing of wraps again not been an issue for me maybe because I'm using 18650s (25r + VTC5A).

However the voltage drop issue is driving me insane, I've tried everything to gain more power to no avail.

It was a stupid stupid design choice. I'm all for safety but to compromise the performance to achieve it was a bad move.

Mech users rank their devices on the level or lack of voltage drop, I've seen reviewers saying it's there is very little VD I call BS it hits poorly in comparison to any decent traditional style mechanical squonk even the $10 steam rabbit beats it!

Just because it's good for the money does not been it's a good mech.

Maybe ok for a beginner but most mech lovers will be disappointed.

Just ordered the Hugo Squeezer to replace my Pulse :)

#24 (permalink)      11/11/2017 4:55:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
djvillan
Verified
Antony83 wrote:

As for tearing of wraps again not been an issue for me maybe because I'm using 18650s (25r + VTC5A).

Mine has ripped both my 20700 batteries and my 18650 silicone adapter. I have a replacement adapter on it's way.

However the voltage drop issue is driving me insane, I've tried everything to gain more power to no avail.

It was a stupid stupid design choice. I'm all for safety but to compromise the performance to achieve it was a bad move.

Mech users rank their devices on the level or lack of voltage drop, I've seen reviewers saying it's there is very little VD I call BS it hits poorly in comparison to any decent traditional style mechanical squonk even the $10 steam rabbit beats it!

Just because it's good for the money does not been it's a good mech.

Maybe ok for a beginner but most mech lovers will be disappointed.

Just ordered the Hugo Squeezer to replace my Pulse :)

I agree. I have all four colours of the S-Rabbit and I've ordered two Hugo Squeezers and two Armageddon BF clone mods to replace the Pulse. Glad I bought only one Pulse. :)

#25 (permalink)      11/11/2017 5:32:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
UKV_Kenneth
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3019
  • Reviews 259
  • Kudos2245
+1 details

Mech users rank their devices on the level or lack of voltage drop,

That's a generalisation that you can't justify. Cloud bro kids might care of little else but voltage drop but they aren't the sum total of mech users.

#26 (permalink)      11/11/2017 6:15:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Billyray05
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 56
  • Reviews 13
  • Kudos29
+1 details
I'm still waiting for restocking & restocking & restocking!!!!.
#27 (permalink)      11/11/2017 6:22:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Antony83
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos86
+3 details
UKV_Kenneth wrote:

Mech users rank their devices on the level or lack of voltage drop,

That's a generalisation that you can't justify. Cloud bro kids might care of little else but voltage drop but they aren't the sum total of mech users.

Ok perhaps it was a generalisation... However I'm certainly not a cloud bro and never build below 0.3 but I do enjoy overall efficiency when it comes to mechanical devices.

Doesn't matter if its an Engine in a car or a vape mod the better the output I can get for the input is important.

This is not an efficient design, its nothing to do with clouds... The higher the voltage drop, the longer I will press the button for to get the desired effect and the shorter my battery will last.

#28 (permalink)      11/11/2017 6:25:07 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Antony83
Verified
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 86
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos86
+1 details
Billyray05 wrote:

I'm still waiting for restocking & restocking & restocking!!!!.

Cancel and buy elsewhere, I was the same pre ordered in September and they still hadn't sent it mid October I got Fffucked of and ordered from somewhere else same price and plenty of stock , received in 6 days ;)

#29 (permalink)      11/11/2017 7:36:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5457
+7 details
IDK, Looks pretty good to me...

Mine is showing a 0.18 volt drop, off a 1.0 ohm coil from a fully charged cell.

Without the additional connections of the "tank-o-meter" could even be slightly lower. Might only be a 0.16v drop with a direct atty connection? More than acceptable...IMO

Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#30 (permalink)      11/11/2017 11:32:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jackenite
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 3244
  • Reviews 125
  • Kudos3526
+2 details
V drop gets exponentially worse the more amps you pull.
What your getting is bad on a 1 ohm coil, at that rate 0.25ohm could have almost 1v drop
It's ever only you, the object, & the opportunity for excellence.
#31 (permalink)      11/11/2017 4:01:40 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moldy
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1755
  • Reviews 182
  • Kudos1817
Yikes. I wonder if I should cancel my order. It's been restocking forever anyway. I vape around 0.4ohms, while not extreme, voltage drop can be noticeable even with my MTL builds. Although I never measure my mods voltage drop so I'm not even sure what I consider acceptable.

@TruckinVapor, what's the sku for your 510 threaded volt meter?

Edited on 11/11/2017 at 4:04 PM. Reason: