shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Stabilised? Wood? (confirmed by supplier it's resin)
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      2/22/2018 10:04:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15146
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29160
+3 details
I would't want to break your dreaming but.
I live in south of France in the deep coutryside, on one side 3 steps from 2 rivers (and their confluence) wine yards everywhere, and on the other side 5 steps from the mountains. Fabulous isn't it. I haven't got a plot, was able to use some but that was an other story, and just renting a crap house.
After almost 10 years I can't see it that fabulous any-more. Except for the mountains. But life is pretty much harder up there. (This is NOT the Savoie and not the Alpes but one of the "poorest" county of the country here with its messy infrastructure where 10-15 years ago still you could have dreams but it's getting over - I mean for local peeps, sometimes in very brutal ways) Down there the big part with not at all organic wine yards they feck up everything, it's polluted, (thanks to the tanneries too, though most of them are closed now, etc. etc.) Ok, everything is relative, you guys would see it still like a dream maybe.
The flood of northerns who come here to live (above the tourism) puts up the prices, they are selling all the plots, it's getting over populated, you have the choice between to buy organic vegetables from growers who live from 3-500€ per month or buying stuff in groceries identical crap as in the supermarkets. Animal farming? very little left, up in the mountains. Those who come here with 1000+ extra as an income, of course can reach all the delights of the world. ;)
Well, you've got it.

No salmons here but you can find trout! =) Funny to see all the regulations. (BF used to do some wild fishing up in the mountains at a time, he goes really seldom these days) They settle free them in the river from the trout farms before seasons for your pleasure. (from that point I'd rather go to pick some snails) ;-)

Edited on 2/22/2018 at 10:05 AM. Reason:
#32 (permalink)      2/22/2018 10:56:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42159
Just say no to contactless payments.
#33 (permalink)      2/22/2018 11:01:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15146
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29160
+1 details
Yeah. Use paypal. lol
#34 (permalink)      2/22/2018 11:16:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42159
Is there such a thing as thoughful progress that doesn't start looking like a commercial project?
#35 (permalink)      2/22/2018 12:08:27 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15146
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29160
+1 details
Non 😈
#36 (permalink)      2/22/2018 3:25:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15146
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29160
+1 details
Well, it seems that there are initiations but either they fail with time (if they don't get choked at the beginning) or they get overpowered. Or they are just a huge lie as for example the majority about renewable energy.
I'd like to be optimist with that but can't really
#37 (permalink)      2/22/2018 4:27:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gmm11
  • JoinedMar 2016
  • Posts 4932
  • Reviews 204
  • Kudos6048
+1 details
yep,look at what happened to tesla, we could be living a different lifestyle today, maybe better ? who knows theres always some greedy corporation waiting to fugg things up
#38 (permalink)      2/23/2018 6:40:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15146
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29160
+1 details
Yuppie, they confirmed that the box is resin. :P
#39 (permalink)      2/23/2018 12:01:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3903
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7786
gmm11 wrote:

id miss my river for sure, a river without salmon is a strange thing, must be a few good bits of water around your area lazy ? only been down the south at the blackwater

Fishing has really gone downhill here over to years mate. Any decent trout or salmon rivers overfished or polluted or too expensive to fish now. Even our sea fishing which we were once famed for is now shite. A few years ago some huge Dutch trawlers ripped everything out of Belfast Lough. We don't even get the amount of summer mackerel that we did when I was a kid. The Norwegians trawl the feck out of them all now when they are on the way to Greenland to breed annually which leaves nothing to come to us for summer. Last time I was fishing it was for salmon in Galway or at ballina co.mayo!

#40 (permalink)      2/23/2018 12:10:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lazyfitter
  • JoinedFeb 2016
  • Posts 3903
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7786
+3 details
cilika wrote:

I would't want to break your dreaming but.I live in south of France in the deep coutryside, on one side 3 steps from 2 rivers (and their confluence) wine yards everywhere, and on the other side 5 steps from the mountains. Fabulous isn't it. I haven't got a plot, was able to use some but that was an other story, and just renting a crap house. After almost 10 years I can't see it that fabulous any-more. Except for the mountains. But life is pretty much harder up there. (This is NOT the Savoie and not the Alpes but one of the "poorest" county of the country here with its messy infrastructure where 10-15 years ago still you could have dreams but it's getting over - I mean for local peeps, sometimes in very brutal ways) Down there the big part with not at all organic wine yards they feck up everything, it's polluted, (thanks to the tanneries too, though most of them are closed now, etc. etc.) Ok, everything is relative, you guys would see it still like a dream maybe. The flood of northerns who come here to live (above the tourism) puts up the prices, they are selling all the plots, it's getting over populated, you have the choice between to buy organic vegetables from growers who live from 3-500€ per month or buying stuff in groceries identical crap as in the supermarkets. Animal farming? very little left, up in the mountains. Those who come here with 1000+ extra as an income, of course can reach all the delights of the world. ;) Well, you've got it. No salmons here but you can find trout! =) Funny to see all the regulations. (BF used to do some wild fishing up in the mountains at a time, he goes really seldom these days) They settle free them in the river from the trout farms before seasons for your pleasure. (from that point I'd rather go to pick some snails) ;-)

I'd settle for any part of France. Done my basic training in the Pyrenees and can imagine life would not be easy down there. Spent some time working on peniche barges in lille and pas de Calais . Just want to be far away from towns etc. Just me,my dogs and my barge. Just need to think of a little internet business to keep a little cash coming in for mooring fees etc. If by then I still have my health I'm sure that plenty of barge owners still need steelwork/welding and mechanical work done! It's a lifestyle that I've tasted once and always wanted to return to.....maybe someday! I've already picked a name for my barge.... "moi Lucille" .....you know the story about why bb kings guitar was called Lucille right?

#41 (permalink)      2/24/2018 10:41:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 15146
  • Reviews 380
  • Kudos29160
+2 details
Lazy, I'm sure you'd learn french very quickly (unless you already speak it!) :) It took me about 2 years =D
Hope you haven't burned hangars?? ;)
I vaguely knew the story of Lucille, for to be sure I looked it up. Funnily, while in english it's said "he named it as a reminder for not to be fool enough to risk his life for a guitar and...",
french goes to the essential immediately: "never to fight over a woman" 😁

Edited on 2/24/2018 at 10:52 AM. Reason: