shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Quality?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/13/2017 8:39:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Pollyg
  • JoinedApr 2016
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 139
  • Kudos29
+1 details
i just got mine and my door fits perfect,unlike the door pictured by fasttech,absolutely no gap,though it looks like a resin mod when i received it,20 minutes with the micro mesh and some wood polish etc and she looks better,as for the guts,just ya standard stuff,not seeing any arc[door is nice wood maybe even stab,the box its self im not sure]
#12 (permalink)      10/13/2017 11:42:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Squonk_life
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 1311
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos805
+2 details
Pictures please
Squonklife
#13 (permalink)      1/16/2018 7:43:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BumbarTusti
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 123
  • Reviews 100
  • Kudos47
Definitive DIY project mod
510 is decent but needs complete disassemble, cleaning and polishing of brass parts.
Positive plate and button are OK but you might need to file of rough edges to get good contact.
Negative contact needs some bending and reshaping of edges to get better contact surface and to stop it from tearing battery wrappings.
Bottle is decent one a bit hard to close but usable.
Wood is really nice it is stabilized but it needs to be polished all the way
They done something funny with it. Looks like it is coated with some kind of transparent coating.
I used 4 types of sanding paper to(grit 300 to grit 20000) strip coating to smooth surfaces and to prepare it for wax polishing.
After wax polishing surfaces are smooth and shiny like glass.

My next thing to do with this one is to change 510 connector with ModMakers and set it up with permanent bottle with metal center tube for filling through 510 connector.
I'm still exploring option to use mosfet switch (Switchfet V2)or to replace current contact plates with Silver Plated Beryllium Copper.
All in all wood is really nice when polished properly so it was worth $39 something

Edited on 1/16/2018 at 7:47 AM. Reason: typo