shopping cart empty
Pump Up The VOLUME!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/26/2017 3:16:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3707
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5371
+4 details
Pump Up The VOLUME!
Been TC squonking this Deadly Rabbit for more than a week now. Noticed a problem rehydrating the long ears of my wicks once TC aborts my vaping pleasure. Constant squonk squeezes are a bit annoying with thirsty coils, for flavor running up to TC is fine. But, re-saturating the wicks afterward became a rather slow, lengthy process of continuously depressing the bottle to keep enough juice in the "wells" till saturation was complete.

Why not utilize of the space under the elevated deck posts and take advantage of the raised "leak resistant" side airflow slots?

Solution... Remove the supplied M3*8mm squonk pin and replace with a M3*11mm pin! Raise the peek directional spacer and you're in business. Works beautifully now and allows enough juice into the deck to completely hydrate with one quick, simple squeeze.

Lovin this little Dead Rabbit, flavor and airflow are perfect for me. Now it's behavior as a squonk atty is sweet!

Side note... I run my coils high in the chamber, just under the dome. Which causes longer wick tails, But I prefer the beveled airflow to circumnavigate my coils on the way up... But, Why you ask?... BECAUSE FLAVOR. ;)

And now for your listening pleasure...

Living is the only thing worth dying for...
#2 (permalink)      8/26/2017 3:20:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2676
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos2867
Um, got a sku for that M3*11mm pin?
Thanks.
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#3 (permalink)      8/26/2017 3:43:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3707
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5371
+1 details
yoshy262 wrote:

Um, got a sku for that M3*11mm pin?
Thanks.

Hello yoshy,
I used a FD BF pin, but this SKU 7991601 pin is said to be M3*10.3mm and should do the job nicely!

#4 (permalink)      9/20/2017 11:10:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
yoshy262
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2676
  • Reviews 49
  • Kudos2867
+1 details
The pin is here but I have to grind a little to fit in because the base is too long.
Also is too fat, I have to grind around a little.

I will try tomorrow and I will post the results.

Is enough length, but cannot get this pin in the base.
Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow.
#5 (permalink)      9/20/2017 1:05:33 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3707
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5371
+1 details
yoshy262 wrote:

The pin is here but I have to grind a little to fit in because the base is too long.
Also is too fat, I have to grind around a little.

I will try tomorrow and I will post the results.

Is enough length, but cannot get this pin in the base.

Got those YFTK BF pins in the other day too Yoshy. I immediately went ahead and swapped out the FD pin with it, because it's actually 1.75mm longer in length than the Fat Daddy.

Yeah, the head of the YFTK pin is 5mm and the head of the FD pin is only 4.1mm in diameter. I did measure the inside diameter of the insulator to be around 4.5mm...

Chocked up the pin in my dremal collet and held it against a file to remove about .25mm of Stainless from the circumference.

Works great, even better now! ;)

Looking forward to hearing how it works out for ya!

#6 (permalink)      9/20/2017 2:01:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
XDM45ACP
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 2138
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos2226
+1 details
I like those long ears like you Truckin, so I will have to do your Modding trick also![img][/img]I ordered, the BF pins and warming up Dremel Tool. haha.

Edited on 9/20/2017 at 2:03 PM. Reason:
“I don’t think there’s a black gun culture or white gun culture, I think there’s an informed gun culture and an "misinformed gun culture.”
#7 (permalink)      9/20/2017 2:31:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3707
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5371
Looks delicious XDM...;)

I've been experimenting with Drip tips on the Dead Rabbit. Found the 810 was just too open and normally I love em. Used the 510 DT adaptor and a DT that (I have no idea what it came off of) has a 6mm inside bore. Wow, was I shocked at how it helps concentrate the airflow between the coils and compliments the size of the AF openings on the barrel.

It's almost like the draw is at harmony now with the airflow (wide open) that's available. Made a big difference for me, with the way I build (and you build) the Dead Rabbit... Flavor is beyond exceptional! ;)

Hard to describe... Any thoughts?