shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

What do you think?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#41 (permalink)      7/27/2017 4:06:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
shifterphights
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 121
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos29
okaywhatever wrote:

i would would buy one in a heartbeat if they get rid of the ugly logos.

are you referring to the TWO DIFFERENT hideous logos? You mean the "phoenix" that is actually a peacock...I literally just want a blank box available in a few different colors with solid non battery ripping internals made out of a slightly more expensive strong highly conductive metal with a good button and a spring loaded 510. I really dont think that is asking that much especially since they are charging up to $60 for them on Fasttech. Even if there was a logo placed tastefully in a corner of the door or something, but gosh darn this box seems nice and then there are those graphics...sad.

#42 (permalink)      7/27/2017 4:19:31 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
okaywhatever
  • JoinedSep 2016
  • Posts 121
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos47
I could probably even live with it if they just kept the "steel vape" logo and got rid of the fugly feather and text at the bottom.
#43 (permalink)      7/28/2017 8:21:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3456
gph61 wrote:

Looks like they might be changing the 510. It's still looks like a boxer 510 from the outside pic but the internal pics have been removed and replaced with drawings.

Odd that eh? :) after the well documented sparking issues on the Icarus and subsequent fixes provided by a number of FT consumers seems manufacturers are sniping our ideas : quite laughable really.

My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#44 (permalink)      7/28/2017 5:31:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KW0017
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 87
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos11
AuralVirus wrote:

Travelman71 wrote:
MAP is fixed... you get $4.63 off... i will wait for other colours to come out, but a 20700 squonker... hell yes

Hmm not convinced $4.63 is enough of a deduction for me to make a purchase, near to $25 mark sounds about right unless reviews come back glaringly positive I think I can live without this. (Wanting a dual 18650 series or parralell preferable interchanngable would be ideal or a dual 18650 potentiometer squonker - now that'd be sick imo.

BadNinja wrote:
VaperNL wrote:
Not a fan of the internals. Any juice leak could cause an autofire and with a mech, we all know how that can end. Steering well clear from these boxes.

How the hell can a juice leak cause an autofire in a mechanical mod?
That makes no sense.

Was going to say the same thing. some people shouldn't be using mechs... & maybe not mods that require batteries to be charged. stick to the ego's.

AuralVirus wrote:

Travelman71 wrote:
MAP is fixed... you get $4.63 off... i will wait for other colours to come out, but a 20700 squonker... hell yes

Hmm not convinced $4.63 is enough of a deduction for me to make a purchase, near to $25 mark sounds about right unless reviews come back glaringly positive I think I can live without this. (Wanting a dual 18650 series or parralell preferable interchanngable would be ideal or a dual 18650 potentiometer squonker - now that'd be sick imo.

BadNinja wrote:
VaperNL wrote:
Not a fan of the internals. Any juice leak could cause an autofire and with a mech, we all know how that can end. Steering well clear from these boxes.

How the hell can a juice leak cause an autofire in a mechanical mod?
That makes no sense.

Was going to say the same thing. some people shouldn't be using mechs... & maybe not mods that require batteries to be charged. stick to the ego's.

#45 (permalink)      7/28/2017 5:54:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KW0017
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 87
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos11
Hey Robbee,had a Yiloong Gorilla arrive today and just like the Frankie with the tight fit with an 18650,a 20700 will fit this mod.
#46 (permalink)      7/28/2017 7:19:19 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
shifterphights
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 121
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos29
have to agree that some folks should stay away from any devices with realy batteries. I have been amazed at the things that I have read concerning mechanical mods and people who just buy them off of here without any experience and try to throw a smok tfv8 on their new clone complyfe HK or something. I can see why so many mainsteam websites got away from Mechs in general and only carry regulated devices. A mech squonk IMO is the greatest thing made. I wish we could get some dual battery mechs is all. The way a mech vapes for me is the way I always want to vape. I have plenty of both types of mods don't get me wrong, but squonking is the easiest, RDAs have the best flavor and mechs have the power. So you combine, The juice bottle included, Best flavor, and most substantial power and BOOM you've got it. The only thing that would compete with a dual battery mech squonker IMO would be a dual battery DNA squonk even if it could only do 167 watts. I saw recently that Lost Vape started re releasing the DRONE BF again so I would expect to see it around soon.
#47 (permalink)      7/28/2017 9:10:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5651
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5418
*chuckles*

been waiting for a 20700 squonk before i even add it to list of possibilities - at last, a squonk that has a battery that might get close to emptying the bottle in it. I would have bought the fuck out of this, 2 years ago

am out... too little, too late. I've moved on from ridiculously huge combos, so 2015. And from mechs. Can't criticise mechs, but they're not for me anymore.. i dial my shit in so tight (for efficiency) that the output voltage deterioration of the cell changes my vape too much.

seems kinda light for its size, i'll give it that. Not aluminium light, though. Monkey metal (zinc alloy) more likely.

What i'd like to see is pointless talking about because it will never happen in these days of weather formation vapes.
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#48 (permalink)      7/30/2017 7:08:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Squonk_life
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 1311
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos805
shifterphights wrote:

have to agree that some folks should stay away from any devices with realy batteries. I have been amazed at the things that I have read concerning mechanical mods and people who just buy them off of here without any experience and try to throw a smok tfv8 on their new clone complyfe HK or something. I can see why so many mainsteam websites got away from Mechs in general and only carry regulated devices. A mech squonk IMO is the greatest thing made. I wish we could get some dual battery mechs is all. The way a mech vapes for me is the way I always want to vape. I have plenty of both types of mods don't get me wrong, but squonking is the easiest, RDAs have the best flavor and mechs have the power. So you combine, The juice bottle included, Best flavor, and most substantial power and BOOM you've got it. The only thing that would compete with a dual battery mech squonker IMO would be a dual battery DNA squonk even if it could only do 167 watts. I saw recently that Lost Vape started re releasing the DRONE BF again so I would expect to see it around soon.

So a 20700 fits in a frankie clone?

Squonklife
#49 (permalink)      7/30/2017 7:21:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
KW0017
  • JoinedAug 2015
  • Posts 87
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos11
No not the Frankie,The Yiloong Gorillia.
#50 (permalink)      7/30/2017 8:12:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
shifterphights
  • JoinedMar 2017
  • Posts 121
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos29
KW0017 wrote:

No not the Frankie,The Yiloong Gorillia.

Really? Will it rip the internals out when trying to remove it or does it slide out nicely?

#51 (permalink)      7/30/2017 8:53:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
TruckinVapor
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 3752
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos5455
+2 details
I'm not interested in buying any YiLoong product. But, it appears they've got a new mech squonker that will accommodate a 18650, 20700 or 21700 battery. They call it the "skinwalker". lol

I guess the name is appropriate... Looks like the skins are definitely walking.;)
How tacky and in this case, a lack thereof... :D

Living is the only thing worth dying for...