shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING
5-pack

No Duds.. 15x and rebuild info's
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/18/2017 2:21:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Asylumsix
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 485
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos263
+1 details
No Duds.. 15x and rebuild info's
I've gone through 15x of these and haven't got a dud yet (customs did mess one up I'm pretty sure though but I got it working, it was kind of taken apart and out of the foil packet when it showed up with customs tape on the package), my dud rate for authentic is about 1.5 out of 5. I definitely recommend these, sweet spot for flavor with custards/desserts is about 62 watts and for fruits about 57 watts.

Pretty easy to rebuild with micro coils but definitely a pain and for the price of these I see no reason to unless you're in a jam or like me like tinkering with things, with that said read the following.

So after doing a few rebuilds of these, I tried claptons, flatptons which had great flavor, standard kanthal 24g which was decent and parallel 28g SS 316L which was similar to the original I figured there has to be an easier way because dealing with a standard wrapped coil going out of place all the time is what made these things hard to rebuild so I decided to search around..

In comes these guys. 0.5ohm SS316L Notch Coils.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/8962700

Now I've been vaping close to 3 years (not that that's long), I remember when notch coils just came out, they were popular for a while but I was already into RTA's/RDA's so I never tried them.. Anywhoo... Decided on these to rebuild these BB Q2 coils and have to say to date this is the easiest way to rebuild a coil head since I started vaping.. I can literally rebuild these in under 2 mins from start to finish..

Anyways the rebuilt's have great flavor and seem to shine at about 37 watts, I like the Q2 coils but I wanted something a bit higher ohms so my batteries last a bit longer and these are just perfect and for a plus they seem to work good in SS316L TC..

I'm a little under the weather right now, once feeling better I'm definitely going to make a youtube tutorial on it..

Edited on 10/18/2017 at 2:26 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      10/26/2017 4:34:14 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
braunpascal
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 648
  • Reviews 278
  • Kudos317
+2 details
Asylumsix wrote:

I've gone through 15x of these and haven't got a dud yet (customs did mess one up I'm pretty sure though but I got it working, it was kind of taken apart and out of the foil packet when it showed up with customs tape on the package), my dud rate for authentic is about 1.5 out of 5. I definitely recommend these, sweet spot for flavor with custards/desserts is about 62 watts and for fruits about 57 watts.Pretty easy to rebuild with micro coils but definitely a pain and for the price of these I see no reason to unless you're in a jam or like me like tinkering with things, with that said read the following.So after doing a few rebuilds of these, I tried claptons, flatptons which had great flavor, standard kanthal 24g which was decent and parallel 28g SS 316L which was similar to the original I figured there has to be an easier way because dealing with a standard wrapped coil going out of place all the time is what made these things hard to rebuild so I decided to search around..In comes these guys. 0.5ohm SS316L Notch Coils.https://www.fasttech.com/products/8962700Now I've been vaping close to 3 years (not that that's long), I remember when notch coils just came out, they were popular for a while but I was already into RTA's/RDA's so I never tried them.. Anywhoo... Decided on these to rebuild these BB Q2 coils and have to say to date this is the easiest way to rebuild a coil head since I started vaping.. I can literally rebuild these in under 2 mins from start to finish..Anyways the rebuilt's have great flavor and seem to shine at about 37 watts, I like the Q2 coils but I wanted something a bit higher ohms so my batteries last a bit longer and these are just perfect and for a plus they seem to work good in SS316L TC..I'm a little under the weather right now, once feeling better I'm definitely going to make a youtube tutorial on it..

Hello,
can you make a short Video wehen you rebuild your coil?
That would be nice!

Edited on 10/26/2017 at 4:35 PM. Reason:
----> SORRY for my BAD ENGLISH (use google translate) <----
#3 (permalink)      10/26/2017 5:37:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BreSha6869
  • JoinedDec 2015
  • Posts 198
  • Reviews 258
  • Kudos128
I find they start tasting a bit funky after a few days or so. Cheaper cotton or wire maybe?

Still an amazing deal for under a buck each though....
#4 (permalink)      10/27/2017 6:59:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Asylumsix
  • JoinedNov 2015
  • Posts 485
  • Reviews 114
  • Kudos263
+1 details
BreSha6869 wrote:

I find they start tasting a bit funky after a few days or so. Cheaper cotton or wire maybe?

Still an amazing deal for under a buck each though....

yeah definitely a great deal..

Sweetness really seems to clog that outer layer, I'm thinking theres too much cotton or something..

@braunpascal I'll get around to it soon, bookmarked this page to remind me..