shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Battery level issues
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      4/24/2018 2:13:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vBDKv
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos17
I vape at 18w and so far so good. Battery indicator does fluctuate a bit though.
I'm down to 3.65v (LG HG2) and I'll let you know how it goes. When it's empty I'll pop in a 30Q.

Oh and ArcticFox is installed.

Edited on 4/24/2018 at 2:13 PM. Reason:
#12 (permalink)      4/26/2018 6:26:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vBDKv
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos17
Well after I turned the LEDs off, I can almost vape all day long on a single battery. I vape a lot, so battery life is good in this mod. Not as good as the evic vtwo mini though, but pretty darn close.
#13 (permalink)      4/26/2018 7:13:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kydo56
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 411
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos137
i`ve always felt the opposite regarding battery life with this mod (LEDs off and no ArcticFox)
with the battery lvl issue it drops pretty quickly (according to the display) and once its reached near the bottom it seems to slow down, i have`nt done any side by side testing but still overall it feels like my pico for instance lasts quite a bit longer, i vape at low watts too.

Edited on 4/26/2018 at 7:19 AM. Reason:
#14 (permalink)      4/26/2018 5:29:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vBDKv
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos17
kydo56 wrote:

i`ve always felt the opposite regarding battery life with this mod (LEDs off and no ArcticFox)with the battery lvl issue it drops pretty quickly (according to the display) and once its reached near the bottom it seems to slow down, i have`nt done any side by side testing but still overall it feels like my pico for instance lasts quite a bit longer, i vape at low watts too.

The screen will be on for 30 seconds after you release the fire button. To me that is a tad excessive and it will drain the battery quite a bit more. On the Pico it's 15 seconds. With ArcticFox I bumped it down to 10, because that's plenty of time to see all you need to see.

Also I increased the voltage cutoff in Arcticfox to 3.0v instead of the standard 2.8v (P80 firmware will cutoff below 2.9v) to keep my batteries in top shape for a longer time.

Edited on 4/26/2018 at 5:39 PM. Reason:
#15 (permalink)      4/27/2018 2:31:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kydo56
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 411
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos137
i`ve always used stealth mode so the screen is generally off with every puff, the voltage cutoff on mine is around 3.2v (similar to my pico`s), i was considering installing ArcticFox both to lower the cutoff and see if it helped the battery lvl issue but someone mentioned earlier in this thread that it made no difference to the battery lvl.
i`ve been wondering if vaping at lower resistances effects/causes the battery lvl issue,
my first P80 i was generally around 1.3ohm give or take and had no drops on battery lvl and voltage cutoff was more like 3.1v, but my second P80 i`ve been more around the 1ohm give or take and get big drops on battery lvl and 3.2v or slightly higher cutoff, i`ve had higher resistance on it but it still drops quick and in sizeable increments for the first 3/4 then slows down and smaller increment drops,
i`ve had a lower resistance build on my first P80 and noticed drops similar to the second P80, but that was just kind of a one off observation and not tested any further/longer.

Edited on 6/22/2018 at 1:04 AM. Reason:
#16 (permalink)      6/21/2018 2:14:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sway711
  • JoinedMay 2018
  • Posts 49
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos7
I have the same battery draining issue. I use the elabo mini tank that came with the kit along with wismec's own ws03 mtl 1.5ohm coil. As soon as I received the kit, I updated the wismec firmware to v1.01, so I cannot tell you the difference, or if it's a Wismec firmware issue. It seems that artic fox firmware does nothing to fix the issue. But I was wondering how everyone here is charging their battery. I charge my battery using the device with the provided USB on my desktop. I'm using a Samsung 25R btw. Maybe it's the way we charge it or type of 18650 we use even though it shouldn't be happening at all.
#17 (permalink)      6/21/2018 10:59:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vBDKv
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos17
Sway711 wrote:

I have the same battery draining issue. I use the elabo mini tank that came with the kit along with wismec's own ws03 mtl 1.5ohm coil. As soon as I received the kit, I updated the wismec firmware to v1.01, so I cannot tell you the difference, or if it's a Wismec firmware issue. It seems that artic fox firmware does nothing to fix the issue. But I was wondering how everyone here is charging their battery. I charge my battery using the device with the provided USB on my desktop. I'm using a Samsung 25R btw. Maybe it's the way we charge it or type of 18650 we use even though it shouldn't be happening at all.

Keep in mind that it's a single battery mod and the kit comes with a .2 ohm dtl tank .. It'll run dry pretty darn fast as you need to push 55w+ in order to get a satisfying vape. If you use something like a Siren v2 at 20 or so watts, .85 ohm build you can vape all day pretty much. Of course this is MTL.

I really think you should install Arcticfox firmware and play around with it. It's just fantastic.

I charge my batteries in a Nitecore D2, which is in desperate need of an upgrade. I never use the device itself unless I absolutely have to.

Edited on 6/21/2018 at 11:00 PM. Reason:
#18 (permalink)      6/22/2018 12:49:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kydo56
  • JoinedDec 2016
  • Posts 411
  • Reviews 166
  • Kudos137
same here, i charge with Nitecore charger and never through the mod.....
and using Sanyo NCR18650GA batterys.

Edited on 6/22/2018 at 12:50 AM. Reason: