shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

What new features will be available with the firmware upgrade?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/5/2017 11:41:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaveVaperInCanada
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 233
  • Reviews 238
  • Kudos54
+1 details
What new features will be available with the firmware upgrade?
In particular I am wondering if "Preheat" and "Real-Time Clock" will be available with the new firmware upgrade, does anybody know anything about this and also when the upgrade will be out? And another thing I've looked at the pictures many times but I'm still uncertain as to exactly where this 'hidden' fire button is located...your answers to these questions will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Vape On My Excellent Friends.... :)
#2 (permalink)      8/5/2017 2:33:32 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
+1 details
Mine came with a pre-heat feature but no clock. Pre-heat adjusts from 1-5 seconds and up to 80w. I can't say I detect it doing much to be honest. I set mine for 2 sec @ 55w while I'm vaping in TC @ 35w 420F. so I should sense a power difference but I don't

I don't know about any upgrades but haven't look for it.

The hidden fire button is the side that has the screen is the fire bar. It's very ergonomic and feels nice in the hand. Drop it on a concrete surface one time and I suspect your plastic fire bar will shatter.

Edited on 8/5/2017 at 2:34 PM. Reason:
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#3 (permalink)      8/5/2017 2:42:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
iggys
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 5391
  • Reviews 55
  • Kudos4170
I hadn't used mine in VW mode yet and just tried it with the pre-heat with 55% battery left. The 55w shows up for just a flash then goes straight to the wattage setting I have normally so it appears to not do anything at this point but could be the battery near 50% not letting it work. Will test it later on a full charge.
Only a genius can say these four words out loud four times without stuttering: Eye, Yam, Stew, Peed Congratulations, you are now a genius
#4 (permalink)      8/5/2017 3:44:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DaveVaperInCanada
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 233
  • Reviews 238
  • Kudos54
iggys wrote:

Mine came with a pre-heat feature but no clock.... Drop it on a concrete surface one time and I suspect your plastic fire bar will shatter.

iggys wrote:

I hadn't used mine in VW mode yet and just tried it with the pre-heat with 55% battery left.... Will test it later on a full charge.

Thanks iggys your information will be very helpful in helping me make a decision on which new mod I am going to buy :)

Vape On My Excellent Friends.... :)
#5 (permalink)      10/31/2017 11:49:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
GramDogg
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 2078
  • Reviews 86
  • Kudos555
Puff counter probably too. If firmware is out yet I'd like to know too.
#6 (permalink)      11/6/2017 4:58:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
GennPen
  • JoinedAug 2017
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 19
  • Kudos2
+2 details
Answer for all new featutes: ArcticFox
#7 (permalink)      4/19/2018 6:36:29 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
obt49
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
I'm with you Genn, ArcticFox is just about perfect on the P80. I've been running it on one of mine for several months now and really like (Love) it. I run my P80's in strictly Power mode and ArcticFox still gives me a ton of options that the factory firmware doesn't. One is, that you can configure Pre-Heat for only the first hit, if you are a chain vaper then you will appreciate that feature. There are many more options as I said. ArcticFox is like a play ground for the nerdiness in some of us. It turns the P80 into a completely different Device.
#8 (permalink)      4/24/2018 12:23:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
vBDKv
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 91
  • Reviews 21
  • Kudos17
One of the reasons I got this mod was because it supports ArcticFox. It has all the features you could ever hope for. Also if you're into the LEDs, they change color depending on battery level when AC is installed, except when in stealth mode - They are turned off then :)

Edited on 4/28/2018 at 2:43 PM. Reason: