Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+
4-pack

Time To Get Tight!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/17/2017 8:45:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5397
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos8346
Time To Get Tight!
Really pleased with the looks & price of these. Only thing is some are rather loose on a lot of my attys. What's the best way of getting them to fit better short of super glue? Dental floss? Maybe a tiny piece of electricians tape or what?

PS: Can't find my rainbow at the moment which is a great excuse to order another set!

PPS: Feel like a bit of a dunce answering my own question but I just stuck about 1.5mm of black electricians tape and it works fine. Used the shiny kind and it will probably come off when I remove the DT but it's a good temporary fix. Gotta experiment with other tapes (cloth-like electricians tape come to mind...wonder if any currently resides in the cave?).

Edited on 8/17/2017 at 8:55 PM. Reason:
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#2 (permalink)      8/17/2017 9:38:34 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zeexc
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1708
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos1288
+3 details
PTFE tape.
#3 (permalink)      8/17/2017 10:48:12 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5397
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos8346
Thanks zeexc. Just ordered a roll. Think I'll find many uses for that.
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#4 (permalink)      8/18/2017 5:28:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
+1 details
Strips of tin foil would work if adding a few mil's is required.

ptfe tape can be heat resistant but it often has a silicone layer/coating & others brands come with an adhesive, it depends on the intended application.
Just a thought to consider when purchasing.

Edited on 8/18/2017 at 5:28 AM. Reason:
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#5 (permalink)      8/18/2017 6:45:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5397
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos8346
+1 details
@AuralVirus: Got plenty of tin foil...will give it a try. Had a roll of teflon tape that wasn't adhesive (which, I guess, would be preferable). Checked the one I ordered and it didn't mention. Only $3 bucks & change so no biggie. Thanks for the tip.
#6 (permalink)      8/18/2017 8:48:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
+1 details
Not sure if you'll be concerned but reading a totally unrelated thread a guy seemed quite adamant people sresearch "PTFE Flu" prior to a purchase which he experienced due to said product overheating and "releasing TOXIC fumes." at only 35watts....
mind you this was on a Nail / Dry Content Vaporizer so he may just have got too stoned and blamed this "sickness" on ptfe flu :) (stoners can be such hypochondriacs) :D
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#7 (permalink)      8/18/2017 8:56:38 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zeexc
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1708
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos1288
+1 details
I use white PTFE thread sealant tape to seal threaded pipes and to preserve threads on some fasteners where galling or seizing is a concern. Generic 1/2" roll cost less than $1.00 at hardware store. 100% PTFE (extruded teflon). 550F max working temp. Non-toxic. Stretches to extremely thin layer. Typical application is 3 tight stretched wraps. Remove/avoid overhang into working ID of sealed pipe before assembly. Common vaping application is to seal loose hot pin on atty and to tighten up loose compression assemblies.