shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

tc mode
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/9/2018 6:05:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
traianescu
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 38
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
tc mode
how is going in tc mode ? ss316l
also, if it is possible to lock the coil, after the mod goes in standby (20-30 minutes), when reactivated, it is still locked the coil ?
#2 (permalink)      4/9/2018 6:49:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ppeeble
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 919
  • Reviews 352
  • Kudos882
+1 details
The on screen display is very inaccurate. I can vape this in TC with SS at 300f (20w) and it produces plenty of vapour. Every other TC mod i own would require a temp setting of 400-450f for the same vape. Never had a dry hit but then i don't vape the tank dry so wouldn't get one anyway.
The resistance stays set after a shut down.
I like the mod but would not recommend it to anyone who wants accurate temp control.
More sense than money.....
#3 (permalink)      4/10/2018 1:38:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
traianescu
  • JoinedJun 2017
  • Posts 38
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos7
thank you
bad news, as there are not many choices for this kind of mod
#4 (permalink)      6/5/2018 6:05:09 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JJameson
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 341
  • Reviews 1122
  • Kudos68
Ya mine never read the coil accurate in ss mode so both became dust collectors
It is very difficult to dispel ignorance if you retain arrogance.
#5 (permalink)      6/5/2018 6:08:21 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JJameson
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 341
  • Reviews 1122
  • Kudos68
Haven't bought one yet so check reviews but SKU 9632052 could be an option
It is very difficult to dispel ignorance if you retain arrogance.
#6 (permalink)      6/5/2018 7:48:57 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos181
ppeeble wrote:

The on screen display is very inaccurate. I can vape this in TC with SS at 300f (20w) and it produces plenty of vapour. Every other TC mod i own would require a temp setting of 400-450f for the same vape. Never had a dry hit but then i don't vape the tank dry so wouldn't get one anyway.
The resistance stays set after a shut down.
I like the mod but would not recommend it to anyone who wants accurate temp control.

Haven't used mine since last October but from what I can remember in TC mode, changing the power didn't do anything. I may be mistaken but I seem to recall the mod wasn't changing the power output level; it was using PWM and firing the full 50w to reach and maintain the desired temperature and in that respect was more accurate for lower resistance coils.
With <0.3ohm builds I found the TC to work fine but I had to set the temperature about 20C less than the target I was aiming for. At the other end of the spectrum I found in power mode I needed to dial in slightly more power than I had to with other mods, to get the same vape experience.
The resistance does stay locked even after shutdown.

#7 (permalink)      6/7/2018 2:13:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aairvan
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my ehpro 101, when my battery is below 60%, the wattage power keep reducing/not stabil with blinking battery indicator, My wattage setting is about 30-35 watt, do you have that kind of problem too? Usually when I build for rda (derringer, hadaly, druga 22mm) I'm using khanthal 24 aroud 0.5 - 0.7 ohm..
#8 (permalink)      6/7/2018 5:26:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SabreToothBunny
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 111
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos181
Aairvan wrote:

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my ehpro 101, when my battery is below 60%, the wattage power keep reducing/not stabil with blinking battery indicator, My wattage setting is about 30-35 watt, do you have that kind of problem too? Usually when I build for rda (derringer, hadaly, druga 22mm) I'm using khanthal 24 aroud 0.5 - 0.7 ohm..

Never had that problem but a blinking battery icon on this mod indicates too much voltage drop which would also explain why your power is unstable.

What cells are you using? You should try some other cells or if your cells have a low(er) current rating, consider using something more highly rated.

#9 (permalink)      6/8/2018 12:33:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Aairvan
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
I'm using LG HG2 for the battery, because usually when I'm comparing with pico eleaf, pico never have that kind of problem, all right I'll try to recuce the voltage, thanks for the suggestion.. *thumbs up
#10 (permalink)      3/22/2019 7:21:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EdmondE
  • JoinedJul 2017
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4
I just got mine and I have to say that TC is quite good on it. I do agree that the actual temperature is not accurate - for room temperature (approx. 20C) coil resistance you have to set a pretty high temerature, but, once you get it where you want, it’s very consistent - keeps a constant heat for the vape no matter how long, powerful or weak your draw is. I haven’t experienced any peaks and lows. This is what I look for TC - consistency throughout the vape and no dry hits.

There is a slight ramp-up with larger coils (.4, .5 SS) but it’s not annoying and it’s understandable for 50W max.

In order to avoid setting the temperature to high, I usually heat the coil a bit (press the fire button for a second or take a short draw) and reset the resistance (should come slightly higher than it was). That allows me to vape around 200C (displayed, not accurate) without any problems.

In contrast, I also have the Joyetch single battery tube (can’t remember the name at the moment... Ultex something) and the TC is awful! It is more accurate at reading the resistance and delivering a temperature closer to the one indicated on the screen, but the temperature curve is all over the place. Starts with a spike and then dies down and after that it’s oscillating like crazy. You can feel it while you draw and that’s not TC in my opinion.

If you want TC and don’t plan to put beefy coils in your atty (.5 SS should be fine), this mod will deliver a smooth experience - probably not the best TC on the market, but good enough and definitely usable for the money.

Kind regards,

Edited on 3/22/2019 at 7:26 PM. Reason: