shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

HELP! NO BATTERY ADJUSTMENT
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/2/2017 3:49:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VirtualRealist
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 108
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos78
+1 details
HELP! NO BATTERY ADJUSTMENT
Just got mine -- incredibly fast to Canada -- and it is the new version with the gold-colored end cap. It is seamless and looks great, but no battery fits and there is no adjustment. Now, as I am an old man, there is always a chance I am stupid, too, but the gold insert does not turn and thus no battery adjustment.

I sure hope help is available, because I would hate to send this beauty back!

Thank you!
#2 (permalink)      6/2/2017 4:03:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JJameson
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 333
  • Reviews 1090
  • Kudos66
$3.38 rebate earned+4 details
The insert was tight when I got mine today. Also very fast shipping to Canada for me. I would say it's probably just really tight and hard to get a grip on. Try putting it in the freezer for a minute or two if you can't get it unscrewed.
It is very difficult to dispel ignorance if you retain arrogance.
#3 (permalink)      6/2/2017 5:07:55 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VirtualRealist
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 108
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos78
+4 details
Fabulous answer. Thank you kindly, Jjameson. Working well!
#4 (permalink)      6/2/2017 6:22:56 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 550
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos196
VirtualRealist wrote:

Just got mine -- incredibly fast to Canada -- and it is the new version with the gold-colored end cap. It is seamless and looks great, but no battery fits and there is no adjustment. Now, as I am an old man, there is always a chance I am stupid, too, but the gold insert does not turn and thus no battery adjustment.I sure hope help is available, because I would hate to send this beauty back!Thank you!

I can think of a few remedies. Whereabouts in Canada are you? If you live in TO area, I might be able to help.

Edited on 6/2/2017 at 6:24 PM. Reason:
#5 (permalink)      6/2/2017 6:25:10 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VirtualRealist
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 108
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos78
+1 details
Got it fixed, thank you, FrankieS. I'm in Victoria...
#6 (permalink)      6/2/2017 9:56:43 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notslim1
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
I ordered mine on May 10th and had it marked shipped on May 27th. In Windsor On. Didn't get it yet.. Hopefully Monday if you all are getting yours so fast and ordered at the same time. Post some pics of yours to tide me over for the weekend?
#7 (permalink)      6/2/2017 10:05:24 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VirtualRealist
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 108
  • Reviews 38
  • Kudos78
+1 details
I placed the order May 23. Joined the queue. Presto! Two days after Fasttech said it shipped, it showed up in Vancouver.
I have already mentioned that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer,so a picture would be out of the question (I don't have a phone)...but, over the next 10 minutes, I will hold a picture of it in my mind and we can see if I've got the telepathy working!
#8 (permalink)      6/2/2017 10:12:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
notslim1
  • JoinedFeb 2017
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos3
ohh fancy.. its so seamless. I hope my Siaonara atomizer really blends in perfectly with it. I can't wait to receive mine.
#9 (permalink)      6/2/2017 10:46:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FrankieS
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 550
  • Reviews 155
  • Kudos196
Too far. I kind of guessed you were in BC by your remark of how quickly your order arrived. Canada e-Packet, in my experience, is the quickest Delivery. Within 5 days the shipping, the package arrives in BC, and 3 days later it gets to Ontario to my door. Anyway, I'm glad it worked out for you.
#10 (permalink)      6/2/2017 11:21:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
doctadrea
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 766
  • Reviews 69
  • Kudos880
+2 details
Love it when helpful people step up.
#11 (permalink)      11/26/2017 7:12:27 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
lisa13
  • JoinedJan 2017
  • Posts 9
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos2
I have issues with the battery adjustment as well.

So far there is no connection and I can hear the battery moving around when I tilt it back and forth, so I assume the battery adjustment cap needs to be tightened further. I thought I got it as tight as it would go, but still no connection, and now I can't adjust it at all.

I have sliced up, bloody hands, too, from trying to grip the stainless steel section - those threads are hella sharp! be careful

I've tried with a vtc5, an HG2 and an 18350 - there is just no possibility of making a connection in this thing, as it stands.

any suggestions welcome