Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

How much!? Don't woody vapes sell stab wood blanks for $20 or $30? so why the price?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/19/2017 9:05:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
How much!? Don't woody vapes sell stab wood blanks for $20 or $30? so why the price?
So wood is MUCH easier to work, blanks are very cheap so... why the ridiculous price?

I see no valid reason why this shouldn't be $50 - $60 top.

ps Woody vapes owns pooeywooeyvoopee just incase you didn't know.

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 9:06 AM. Reason:
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#2 (permalink)      4/19/2017 9:08:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
moayad
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 1236
  • Reviews 113
  • Kudos790
and 96mm, LMFAO
#3 (permalink)      4/19/2017 11:05:06 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4783
isn't $138 cheap for stab wood mod? i can't think of any cheaper.
#4 (permalink)      4/19/2017 1:30:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
+2 details
ChappySinclair wrote:

isn't $138 cheap for stab wood mod? i can't think of any cheaper.

5 reasons why it's overpriced compared to hand built stab boxes (tbh point 5 should be reason enough though):-

1/ Western workers expect/demand/command a higher hourly wage than China's workers.
2/ The Stab wood used is cheap, it's not burl from rare woods. (else they'd be advertising it)
3/ Wood is easily machined/milled/worked compared to metals & China manufacturers are cnc machining everything, it's not by hand as most expensive stab boxes are (which is related to point 1).
4/ Mass production drives prices way down, again stab boxes in the west are as said hand made and made in small batches.
&
5/ Aluminium alloy - just no.

Yes it's cheap compared to other stab boxes but the stab wood component is the only half similarity. (Half as its cheap stab wood, we have a lot of "stabilized" wood in our lofts - wood impregnated with a chemical to prevent rot etc.) the similarity stops there as the chip isn't the usual over priced dna or yihi, the buttons are the usual suspects & face plate are nothing to write home about - could have at least been a brushed stainless or real copper/brass plate not plated Aluminium alloy junk.

There is no justification for the price. At most 15% to 20% above a "normal" metal mod just for the uncommon factor.

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 2:29 PM. Reason:
My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#5 (permalink)      4/19/2017 3:45:44 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cjhards
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 1419
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos477
Same price as the woody vapes version! So it's only to be expected. I had the WV Tornado 80w which wasn't too bad, especially for 40 quid. Ended up selling it though as I'm not a single cell type of guy!!
And respect to this company for not churning out more boring zinc devices! Good to see some decent materials being used like aluminium.

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 3:47 PM. Reason: Revision
CJ hards say Vape long & prosper!!
#6 (permalink)      4/19/2017 5:48:20 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
FTmember
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1924
  • Reviews 118
  • Kudos405
I don't see why this mod is over-priced either.
"He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps." (Psalm 121:4) Gimme a HALLELUJAH!
#7 (permalink)      4/19/2017 6:35:37 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
+1 details
FTmember wrote:

I don't see why this mod is over-priced either.

Nibber, I just gave 5 reasons above. :D

give me 5 why it isn't overpriced (keeping in mind it's made of alloy & chrome plated & without 2 square inches of colourful wood it'd be $30, don't forget that. :) )

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 6:42 PM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      4/19/2017 6:39:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
+1 details
cjhards wrote:

Same price as the woody vapes version! So it's only to be expected. I had the WV Tornado 80w which wasn't too bad, especially for 40 quid. Ended up selling it though as I'm not a single cell type of guy!!
And respect to this company for not churning out more boring zinc devices! Good to see some decent materials being used like aluminium.

instead they made a boring chrome plated aluminium alloy mod and threw some stab wood at it then had the audacity to slap a ludicrous price on top but hey it's "stab wood"...... those magical words that turn a $30 mod into $138!!!
I'll say it again, a $30 mod into one hundred and friggin thirty eight just because it has a few square inches of dyed wood! Are they insane?

Edited on 4/19/2017 at 6:41 PM. Reason:
#9 (permalink)      4/20/2017 4:23:37 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
neo71665
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 2189
  • Reviews 52
  • Kudos1456
My opinions are my own. If you disagree with them please take a big healthy crap in your hands and give yourself a round of applause.
#10 (permalink)      4/20/2017 6:00:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cjhards
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 1419
  • Reviews 254
  • Kudos477
+1 details
It most definitely is insane for average vapers who can't shell out that kind of money for something that isn't that special!
And like I said I used my head and bought the standard wood version in order to check out & review the chip set. I did hear rumours of it being associated with the kanger chip, but whether that's true or not I don't know. For me the chip and the device worked extremely well and definitely worth Wot I paid for it!
But in the real world stab wood is decadent and blatantly over priced. Personally I'd rather spend a few extra quid & pick up the new Yi Hi G class. Takes up to a 30mm tank without any overhang, feels great in the hand and has some fantastic features on it. Looks sometimes wins out over Tech, but not in this case! The new USB version 3 is awesome also.
CJ hards say Vape long & prosper!!
#11 (permalink)      11/12/2017 3:41:52 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tweaker
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 59
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos21
Now it is back as Woody Vapes S3. $60 at HG using the coupon code. This price is ok, but still I would have liked to see stainless steel instead of aluminium though. I ordered it to modify the casing myself and turn it into a $500 mod :-)