[dismiss] FastTech will be on holiday from October 1, 2022 to October 7, 2022. All services resume on October 8, 2022, at 1:00 am (UTC). (details).
Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Why are people overlooking this?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      4/28/2017 9:08:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlvinB
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
+1 details
Why are people overlooking this?
I don't understand why this isn't getting more attention. I haven't received mine yet but I ordered it immediately. Hadaly but 24mm, with more space, more airflow options, with two caps at this price. I just don't understand with all the hype around the goon, and all the hype around the hadaly, both of which I own and love, why are people not interested in what looks like the ideal combination of the two? I'm honestly asking. Am I missing something? Cause it looks to me like it may put all my other RDA's in storage. Guess I'll find out soon. Should be in my hands tomorrow.
#2 (permalink)      4/28/2017 9:44:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
hezimind
Verified
  • JoinedDec 2014
  • Posts 907
  • Reviews 111
  • Kudos327
+2 details
I feel the same as you, it looks like a great Atty. Maybe people aren't excited because it's not overly unique?
#3 (permalink)      4/28/2017 10:04:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Tom_moro
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 75
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos36
i was looking for a nice single coil bf atty and was trying to decide between the wanko and the wasp for ages, if this had come out at the time this would have been in consideration too but i had just ordered the wasp nano when i saw this, if the wasp turns out to be something i can get on with i very well may order this, hopefully by then there will be a black one or even a nice cheap clone
#4 (permalink)      4/28/2017 11:08:17 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JaanP
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos35
Is on my to get list. Decent price, simple and bf.
#5 (permalink)      4/28/2017 11:34:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4783
first i've heard of this. looks like a pretty sweet atty to me.
#6 (permalink)      4/28/2017 11:35:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
Verified
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7959
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos12032
+1 details
You're making it harder to overlook posting threads about it :D
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#7 (permalink)      4/28/2017 12:50:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
kevinktran
Verified
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 322
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos152
Is it for squonking only?
#8 (permalink)      4/28/2017 1:15:30 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dansansome
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1107
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos938
kevinktran wrote:

Is it for squonking only?

it looks like there is a removable grub screw in the bottom of the 510 pin for BF/non BF modes

#9 (permalink)      4/28/2017 1:34:02 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlvinB
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
Speak of the devil. Showed up in my mailbox like 30 minutes after I made that post. It is even better than I expected. And yes, dansansome is right about the removeable grub screw. It comes with it in there and you just remove it to squonk. Can post pics if anyone is interested.
#10 (permalink)      4/28/2017 2:08:36 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AlvinB
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 15
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos12
+6 details
Spoke too soon. I take back what I said about the pics for now because I'm at work. But for those interested, here are my thoughts...

Build is incredibly easy. Easier than hadaly. Easier than goon. At first I thought it may be a pain to get coils in similar to the o-atty or odis, but you just remove those grub screws entirely, let your coil rest in the slots, and tighten one side, then the other. The grub screws stay on the provided allen key so you can turn them upside down without them falling off. They screw down perfectly secure. Literally the fastest build I've ever done. 26x2/36 fused clapton, 6 wraps, 3mm, at 0.5 on the nose. 4mm coils may be very close to the edges. I personally never wrap above 3.5 but if you do you may want to be aware of this.

Squonks perfectly. As you'll see in the stock images, the juice doesn't flow centrally from the bottom but instead squirts out each side of the post coming through the center, pointing directly at your wick. No need to tilt your hand side to side to make sure everything gets saturated. Love this.

Airflow is pretty big. This doesn't matter to me so much as I prefer a restricted direct-to-lung inhale, but mouth-to-lungers may have a hard time getting a tight enough draw. I have it closed more than halfway in order to get a draw similar to the hadaly wide open. This will be a huge plus to anyone that wants an airier draw though. Also, because the airflow is angled toward the center, you don't have to worry as much about blocking the holes with your wick. Even if there's a tiny bit of overlap, you're still going to have plenty of air getting through. However, I haven't had any overlap. Wick stops right where the hole starts, if that makes sense.

Quality is fantastic. I had another ADVKEN rda that I was really disappointed in. The tolerance of the o-rings was so loose that I had to replace them, but that's another story. Perfect tolerance on the Gorge. Stiff as hell out of the box but just right after a little e-liquid lubrication.

No machine-oil smell. Comes clean.

Fits all my standard goon-sized drip tips perfectly. Huge plus for me because I really dislike tiny little 510 drip tips.

Flavor is on point. Every bit as good as hadaly or odis in my opinion.

Juice well is deeper and more spacious than hadaly/odis/other single-coil atty's. Holds more juice. Speaking of, I can't see leaking even being possible. The walls for the airflow holes are so thick and high that you'd have to really try to get anything out of there. Another huge plus, as squonking a bit too hard on those other atty's will get you juice coming out of the sides.

I think that about covers it. I'm buying another one right after I post this so I'll have one for my wraith and one for my vt inbox.
#11 (permalink)      4/28/2017 2:26:04 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4783
+3 details
nice writeup, how does it look on the vt inbox? can you post a pic?