shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Round Rod
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      8/25/2017 8:00:44 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10955
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9349
2mm is still understandable .. but 1.5mm ID coil .. Ooh baby! Better wrap the cotton around the coil instead of pushing through it :D
My Location: Bharat (aka IN) .. Namaste /\ .. ***TC doesn't work for me as it's an imperfect solution to a problem that I never even had*** - Sossij
#12 (permalink)      8/25/2017 8:31:47 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5627
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5390
Andyk wrote:

Fuck who builds such a small ID coil? Fragon build anyone? :D

*ahem*

wrapped on silica, old school ways ftw

^_^ just picked up a bagful of 3.3v egos

<3

Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#13 (permalink)      8/25/2017 9:23:43 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cocorika
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 568
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos474
+1 details
Andyk wrote:

... Better wrap the cotton around the coil instead of pushing through it :D

It reminds me of the days of the nano coils, not-too-distant past isn't it?
ok, it date back to the stone age :D

Incidentally, any news about the Exo version of this Speed Rev ?
I'd better hurry, i already missed the Viper (Hellfire 14)

#14 (permalink)      8/25/2017 9:33:53 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10955
  • Reviews 680
  • Kudos9349
Strike 18 is better than the Speed Revo .. used both and love the Strike waaaaaaaaay more than this.
My Location: Bharat (aka IN) .. Namaste /\ .. ***TC doesn't work for me as it's an imperfect solution to a problem that I never even had*** - Sossij
#15 (permalink)      8/25/2017 9:39:01 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dansansome
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1098
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos923
i prefer the speed rev over the strike (18) :P.
the strike leaks easily if oversquonked (which is easy because the chamber is tiny).

both excellent flavour though
#16 (permalink)      8/25/2017 9:47:29 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hiko9
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 5627
  • Reviews 269
  • Kudos5390
i bought but haven't wicked yet a couple of the hellfire vipers.. the pos post looks a lot bigger in the speed rev 14, less deck space boo

i do like the speed rev 18 though thats going on my diy boxen
Green Screwdriver for LIFE
#17 (permalink)      9/9/2018 3:14:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MC202_FT
  • JoinedSep 2017
  • Posts 70
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos19
Andyk wrote:

Strike 18 is better than the Speed Revo .. used both and love the Strike waaaaaaaaay more than this.

I have both (YFTK, both of them, and both in 18mm. and 14mm. size) and a bunch of the cheap SpeedRevos too.

I love both of them, but, IMHO, the Strike is way superior with very aromatic and sweetened tobaccos (English mixtures, Black Cavendish, vanilla/caramel tobaccos, etc.) while the SpeedRevo wins by far with dark and strong tobaccos, especially the fire cured type (Kentucky, Kentucky+Latakia cigar blends, etc.).

About the "mistery rod":
It's what we could call a "coil placement" rod.
Let's start saying that, at least here in Italy (where the original SR is made, and where almost every BF vaper has it, original or "styled"), 99% of people will use a 2mm. I.D. coil on it and, more often than not, with the "side placed coil" having the positive set with the usual 2,5-3mm. gap between the heads of the screws.

The "odd" rod is tucked inside the already made coil while it still has long and uncut legs, then the whole coil+rod contraption it is placed flat on the atom's base, with the rod touching its edge and, at the same time, touching the side of (both) those wide headed coil screws.
Then, you will pull the coil's legs around the screws and tighten the screws.

You should end ups having a perfectly horizontal coil (and not slightly tilted, as often happens when you use multiple diameter coil rods, unless you correct it), at the right height, with the shortest possible legs.
That's the "proper" coil position as envisioned from the original Speed Revolution producer.

(I actually beg to differ from the "only and proper" coil position, leaving my coils' legs just 1mm. longer and having, thus, the coil slighlty closer to the air hole side).

Edited on 9/9/2018 at 3:17 AM. Reason: