shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

This tank IMO has loose draw
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      5/15/2018 2:57:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mouth
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
This tank IMO has loose draw
Just got two Doggies yesterday and quickly set one up (26g kanthal, 2.5 ID, around 0.9 ohm build). Super easy build, very neat looking, AFC O ring is crap (my first one already got chewed up so I replaced it), but there's a trick where you don't have to take it out to unscrew the deck (a small screwdriver in the opening or a paper clip will do), great flavor and wicking. Drip tip is so so, gets warm fast, a bit too short and close to the tank. I also get condensation under it, and sometimes I get a slight spitback from it.

However, I really expected a tight draw tank here. This thing is really open unless I close it almost all the way. It's tricky getting that sweet spot because it's either too open or too closed. For comparison, my Siren V2 is perfect on the second smallest hole. I expected varying degrees of tight draw on the Doggy to be honest, but I get varying degrees of open and then a small percentage of actual tight draw.

I'll open up my second doggy today and test it out as well, maybe the AFC ring is being pushed by the O ring or something, so too much air is getting through the air holes.

Anyways, not exactly a tight MTL tank. Certainly NOT tighter than Siren 2.
#2 (permalink)      5/16/2018 3:18:32 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mouth
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 4
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
Small update. Did a build on the second Doggy as well. I'm getting used to a more loose vape from these, and actually dig it a lot. The flavor is phenomenal. Tried a different build on my second Doggystyle. Used a 28g kanthal around 2 mm ID, slightly spaced coil. Got around 1.2 ohm. It worked like a champ at first, but then I got some major gurgling, maybe I used too much cotton (it's tricky wicking a small coil like that). I'll try a 2.5 mm ID with 28g kanthal today. When it works, it really works well, but it's a bit fussy with the builds IMO. Haven't had much trouble with my first build (26g kanthal, 2.5 mm ID) but I do get some spitback and condensation that I'm hoping a new drip tip will cure.
#3 (permalink)      6/22/2018 7:16:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
benelli
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 101
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos18
Make sure you don't cut cotton too short...leave it barely touching the buttom...also dont fill to the brim with juice as sometimes a tiny ammount will go in the chimney while screwing in the tank especially if you don't hold it straight...these are super easy to build and not much to go wrong..These driptips are perfect for the SXK SKU: 2243105