shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

1) (small) Leak below (bottom, steel) air control ring + 2) Which O ring(s) closes it? 3) gurgling
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/13/2017 10:31:03 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrkmn
  • JoinedMay 2017
  • Posts 71
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos18
+1 details
1) (small) Leak below (bottom, steel) air control ring + 2) Which O ring(s) closes it? 3) gurgling
Image says more than 1000 words --

1) Mine leaks (A BIT) exactly at the air hole at the bottom (then it spreads across that steel ring and ends on mod deck), but ONLY when actually vaping... not when it sits unused and filled with liquid.

Is it bad wicking? ie too much cotton? Drawing too fast? (I vape at 1.02 Ohm, 15W; used one of the prebuilt Claptons that comes in Demon Killer 8-in-1 prebuilt coil set (just made 7 instead of 5 wraps of Clapton 0.85Ohm)... and all those coils are very small, I think with diameter/radius of only 1 cm..

...OR its standard thing to expect / get a bit of leaking on most atomizers that use bottom air flow control?

(I'd always rather put blame on me / try to identify my fault) :)

ALSO:

2) That part (steel ring that opens and closes that single tiny air hole (that leaks on me) has TWO Orings behind it.

My atomizer came with broken second/bottom one. It snapped. I certainly dont want to make any order issue just because of that/it happens.

Sure there are spares in set... but I want to know which exact O ring is that / would like to buy spares. Could you suggest me SKU?

3) Does your make gurgling noise when vaping?

4) Why isnt FastTech offering MIX of o-rings? (Plenty of them, in various sizes and shapes, in single SKU)

I think I saw topic where people +1'ed / begged FT to do that (since 2015!), but cant find it anymore to +1 it. (Although I see no purpose if FT doesn't listen/respond to consumer wishes, and actually offer - O ring mix...)

Love you all, discussions are great/unbeatable addition to FT items.

mrkmn marked this question as answered on 6/16/2017 at 1:38 AM
Answer
DanTo
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 977
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos761
1) Use more cotton (which probably means bigger diameter of coil). And/or lift the coil from the deck a little.

2) Use the spare for now, and measure it somehow.

3) Use more cotton. And/or more power.

4) Don't know.

Edited on 6/14/2017 at 1:20 AM. Reason:
#2 (permalink)      6/14/2017 1:18:50 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DanTo
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 977
  • Reviews 224
  • Kudos761
+1 details
1) Use more cotton (which probably means bigger diameter of coil). And/or lift the coil from the deck a little.

2) Use the spare for now, and measure it somehow.

3) Use more cotton. And/or more power.

4) Don't know.

Edited on 6/14/2017 at 1:20 AM. Reason:
#3 (permalink)      6/14/2017 3:47:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pronoob
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 440
  • Reviews 93
  • Kudos203
+1 details
the bottom o-ring(the thinner one) is this: SKU 2019300