shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

MTL Comparison
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      6/8/2017 10:35:22 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xFabrix
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
MTL Comparison
Hello guys.
I'm using a kayfun v3 mini, I would like to try something different but similar at the same time.
Do you think this atom could have the same flavour and MTL hits compared to a kayfun mini?
Did someone tried both of them? Thanks
#2 (permalink)      6/8/2017 11:12:13 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
I don't have a KF3m, but the doggy is a nice MTL vape at 0.8-1.3 ohms. You won't be disappointed with the vape. It's a little less complicated than a KF. If you can live with a bottom fill it's good.

Vape wise, I'd prefer it over a KF2.1m.
#3 (permalink)      6/8/2017 11:55:19 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ppeeble
  • JoinedMar 2013
  • Posts 923
  • Reviews 352
  • Kudos896
The Doggy has adjustable airflow. Wide open it's a touch airier than the Kayfun mini 3. I find the Doggy is easier to wick and is more consistant than the 3.
If you like a Kayfun vape you will not be dissapointed with this. I'm gradually switching to these after 4 years of Kayfun use.
More sense than money.....
#4 (permalink)      6/8/2017 1:22:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
zeexc
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 1708
  • Reviews 33
  • Kudos1288
+1 details
Pros: Small bell good for flavor and juice capacity. High deck elevation reduces flooding in some cases. Very easy to build single coil. Air flow is restricted for medium MTL resistance. Looks good. Positive pin protrudes and is secure; good for SMPL. Spare tanks available and fairly easy to change. Easy bottom fill without loosing a drop. Very easy to wick. Good vape with my 30% VG, 70% VG and 98% VG. Typically does not leak or gurgle. Good reliable conductivity. Good MTL vapor production. Fits 510 drip tips. Short profile. Light weight.

Cons. AFC ring; I don't like but coexist with AFC. When stored for about a week fluid leaked out of my Doggy, Goblin mini V3 and Pico; not sure if temperature fluctuation or imperfect seal. Pico did not seal as received. Sometimes my Wine will not leak over time. Tank not glass.

Overall it is a good topper if you don't mind air flow restriction which is too tight for comfortable direct draw and fairly low juice capacity.
#5 (permalink)      6/8/2017 2:48:05 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
xFabrix
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Thanks for the info I might try it then! 😉
#6 (permalink)      6/8/2017 2:54:11 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
Don't forget the MAP code for the discount. ;)
#7 (permalink)      6/8/2017 3:38:22 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4781
zeexc wrote:

Cons. AFC ring; I don't like but coexist with AFC. When stored for about a week fluid leaked out of my Doggy, Goblin mini V3 and Pico; not sure if temperature fluctuation or imperfect seal. Pico did not seal as received. Sometimes my Wine will not leak over time. Tank not glass.

Overall it is a good topper if you don't mind air flow restriction which is too tight for comfortable direct draw and fairly low juice capacity.

the leak happened with mine as well. it was just fine for about a week. then one day i went to grab it and my mod was covered in juice. it just all leaked out of the air hole for no reason that i can think of. the wicking was just fine and was using a 70/30 juice. not sure what the deal is there.

#8 (permalink)      6/8/2017 4:51:49 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
klembute10
  • JoinedDec 2013
  • Posts 342
  • Reviews 295
  • Kudos288
its the same as kayfun lite plus..