shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

2 questions about disassembling the tanks for a wash
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      2/21/2017 3:28:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pronoob
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 440
  • Reviews 93
  • Kudos203
2 questions about disassembling the tanks for a wash
-i can't remove the upper ring(the one atached to the tank.it seems glued.
-are the insulator removable?(the deck one and the 510 one),they seem well attached too.

pronoob marked this question as answered on 2/22/2017 at 11:26 AM
Answer
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
Take the chimney/chamber part and screw it into the top ring from the top and run it under some hot water. If you jiggle it a bit, it will come out, it's just pressed into the groove of the bell cap.
#2 (permalink)      2/21/2017 4:18:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
HRA2016
  • JoinedOct 2016
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos1
+1 details
Take a small coin (I use a 10 cent euro coin, diameter is 2cm). First unscrew the base, then put the coin vertically on the inside metallic part (bell) and while holding the plastic, turn the coin around like you would with a screw (see the picture). After washing it, apply some VG so it turns easier but I think you don't have to wash it every time you clean it. Only the first time it is necessary.
#3 (permalink)      2/21/2017 5:46:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pronoob
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 440
  • Reviews 93
  • Kudos203
HRA2016 wrote:

Take a small coin (I use a 10 cent euro coin, diameter is 2cm). First unscrew the base, then put the coin vertically on the inside metallic part (bell) and while holding the plastic, turn the coin around like you would with a screw (see the picture). After washing it, apply some VG so it turns easier but I think you don't have to wash it every time you clean it. Only the first time it is necessary.

thanks for the detailed answer,but this part i manage to take off,it's the upper ring that stays stuck on top of the plastic tank.

#4 (permalink)      2/21/2017 6:53:18 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
+1 details
Take the chimney/chamber part and screw it into the top ring from the top and run it under some hot water. If you jiggle it a bit, it will come out, it's just pressed into the groove of the bell cap.
#5 (permalink)      2/22/2017 11:25:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pronoob
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 440
  • Reviews 93
  • Kudos203
+1 details
wuwei.ap wrote:

i already tried that,but the ring seems well attached and i'd rather not force on it and brake the tank,since i'm not sure yet i'd like to use this RTA in the future and buy spare tanks for it.

it doesn't seem to be an issue the way it is.

#6 (permalink)      2/22/2017 11:40:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
wuwei.ap
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 22101
  • Reviews 266
  • Kudos42151
It's how I popped mine out. :)

With the heat, the PC softens and the metal expands enough to wiggle it off, it shouldn't damage it. I had to take it off, just because, and to clean it. It can be left on, but if the tank breaks, it'll have to come off anyway.
#7 (permalink)      2/22/2017 4:44:59 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
pronoob
  • JoinedMay 2016
  • Posts 440
  • Reviews 93
  • Kudos203
+1 details
wuwei.ap wrote:

It's how I popped mine out. :)

With the heat, the PC softens and the metal expands enough to wiggle it off, it shouldn't damage it. I had to take it off, just because, and to clean it. It can be left on, but if the tank breaks, it'll have to come off anyway.

i might try it again the next time I'll wash it,and with hot water this time.