Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Holy shit BF pin
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      10/11/2016 8:19:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5780
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4136
So you like the wrath? 1 to 10 scale? I have heard some negative reviews of it, so I have been waiting for it to join so much other stuff in the cheap as fuck category. Currently I only have one squonk mod and I do enjoy squonking sort of been waiting for some thing, not sure what to come out.

I have the first Kanger squonker, the 2nd one is massive I don't like that but it's cheap now at under 40 bucks, and it has allot of the things I want. It would end up like my massive RX200 though in the cabinet most of it's life. So the wrath seems some what logical, but ehh the negative reviews of it though! For the cost I could grab a smoke alien, not sure why but I like that one with the dual battery display to see if one is dropping and the side fire.. Also saw allot of good reviews of it like DJLSB's. I don't really need that much power especially with it's over 22MM over hang issues.

You can get a pretty damn good vape off the first Kanger and it's cheap as shit now all over the place I have dual 26-36 over SS clapton coils in it spaced 5 wraps each at .2 and it's doing great, on the shitty atty it comes with you can fit small claptons in it with no drill. It's also not busting me for ohm fluctuations with SS.
#22 (permalink)      10/11/2016 9:45:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Zion21
  • JoinedJul 2013
  • Posts 601
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos168
All I want to do is convert to a BF. This looks sick
#23 (permalink)      10/11/2016 10:36:55 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5397
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos8346
@EternalSpline...and anyone else who's interested:

So far I'd give it about an 8 (maybe 8.6). First the negative (possibly). The battery/bottle door is a bit hard to close although it may be a matter of getting the knack. It's the least sturdy part of an otherwise solid mod. I worry about it breaking but hope my fears are unfounded. Time will tell. Also, there's no USB so external charging only and no upgrades.

On the positive side it's quite solid and most attractive (to me). It hits like a hammer....surprising with a single battery. Like the original COV MiniVolt 40W, the menu is a bit weird to navagate but it's not to hard to get the hang of it and I'm really starting to like it. Didn't used to fool with memories (M1,M2 & M3) but I'm starting to on a few of my mods. This one has M1-3 but a different set for each wire type (Po, Ni, Ti & SS) giving you an actual total of 12 memory settings. After you set the power mode there's a screen that says "Auto Adjust" on top and "Power Off" on bottom. Don't really know what that screen does and it's not mentioned in the somewhat sparse manual. In normal operating mode you can also select "Soft", "Normal" or "Hard".

The dripper included looks great and performs quite well. Set mine with 2 4wrap 26AGW SS Clapton wire hitting at .23ohms. It works fine in either SS or Power modes. It has decent markings to let you set the air flow to 3 settings.

I picked up both Kanger Dripboxes on sale ($19 & $27) and I agree that the little one is great. You can't adjust it but it drives most all of my builds. My Split in squonk mode sits on it now and may take up semi-permanent residence....it's definitely become one of my favorite vapes...great flavor and ample vapor (single coil, 5wrap, 24AGW kanthal) and it's small and light enough to go anywhere with me. Some question using the Split in squonk mode but I (like many who've tried it) like it a whole lot. Your tank doesn't fill but you can always see (without having to remove an often stubborn top section) that your wick is wet so no risk of the dreaded "dry hit"!

It really drives my Tsunami "styled" RDA ( also looks & works great with my Zombie Splatter Green Sapor...pics later):

“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#24 (permalink)      10/11/2016 2:28:38 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5780
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4136
TY! I appreciate the review, especially having only heard the online youtube reviewers takes on it.

Few questions, do you find that your swapping batteries on the wrath allot or it is giving you any weak battery messages very early on?

Do you use it at max wattage much?

The carbon fiber sticker is that peeling at all, or does it look like it will come off in the future?

How is the bottle and does it come with more then one? (I think I heard a reviewer say it only had one but it was a sample of the unit and not production so they didn't know, but now I can't remember if I heard it on that or some other product)

When I first saw it online I didn't know if the carbon fiber was a sticker or not with the original price of it I would have thought it was real possibly. (I don't know much about carbon fiber) Then a reviewer said it was a sticker and came to them peeling off already, that alone didn't make me re-think the whole thing but with the other some what negative-ish things I had heard I was very curious.

I know what you mean on the window the first kangers atty with no way to see stright away if the wicks are wet has me pushing the bottle allot. The fountain V2 I liked allot for the glass section, dumb looking atty but it works well.
#25 (permalink)      10/12/2016 9:24:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5397
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos8346
@EternalSpline:

Batteries seem to last a while. I'm using Sony VTC5s but may buy something with even more capacity.

I'm vaping many of my drippers at 50W to 65W but that's with dual, fancy coils at pretty low ohms. I received and set up my Narda yesterday and it's as good as folk say. Put a 5 wrap 24AGW coil spaced about 1mm and am hitting it on the Wraith at 25W to 30W....the Wraith really hit's hard. Also found that the Narda works wonderfully on the Kanger 60W Dripbox (looks fine as well).

I've had a COV MiniVolt 40W for some time now and the carbon fiber is like new which should be a good sign for this one. While I've only had mine for a few days, the carbon fiber seems to be well applied and it seems, as with the MiniVolt, that it won't be a problem in the future. It's quite solid, the buttons look fine and work quite nicely...clicky but no rattle. As mentioned, it's quite solid, just a wee bit on the heavy side but easily small enough for traveling.

Gotten used to the menu system and really appreciate having 3 settings each for all 4 wire types though it's reasonably easy to change wattage/temperature when you in any particular memory slot.

It comes with 2 bottles...one is clear and the other black tinted but you can still see your juice level.

Really like the dripper that comes with it. Looks fine, especially on the Wraith. It's small so the flavor's quite good but there's plenty of room (and good access) to build. Each post has a single hole...not too small but I doubt you could fit twin Juggernauts or really think wires. I was able to fit 2 26/32ga wires at .2ohms. Vapes fine at 450F and it shows 50W (not sure if you can change wattage in Temp mode...definitely a future project).

So far, I'm really pleased with it and, barring any problems with the battery/bottle door, I believe I'll remain so.

PS: One small complaint about the Narda. The squonk pin has no groove (for a flat head screwdrive) and doesn't seem to take any lug wrench making it a bit of a task to install and tighten it. Thing is, simple finger pressure seemed to do the job. Think it could be quite a problem later should you want to remove it...though I really doubt that'll be the case.

Edited on 10/12/2016 at 9:53 AM. Reason:
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#26 (permalink)      10/12/2016 10:38:36 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5780
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4136
Thanks for the heads up on the squonk pin and the answers to the questions I appreciate it.

It's funny seems so many reviewers bitched about that atty, but you like it and I find you to have good taste in things. It's all so subjective really. I just got the Gear by cigreen and while I am not a big fan of cigreen products, I gotta say the gear is what it is and it's good if you like that.

Old RTA the Moradin came in awhile ago, I don't know what is up with it the flavor is a bit funky and muted. Kind of a different taste to it, that I can't explain. I almost thought I was burning the ceramic but I opened it up it all looks fresh and clean. Building on it with 3 MM is an annoyance but wicking and juice flow control really make up for some of that aspect. Over all though I would say pass on it... There are just too many better RTA's out.

Speaking of I think I will have to pick up the engine this month, too many good reviews of it.

Figured I would give you a heads up on some of the random stuff I am using to return the favor not that anyone asked, but you know never hurts right..

That is good news then on the wrath, it might just be my next squonk mod. I want a new Dripper tank first, too damn many to pick from they are the current flavor of the month, but I see prices dropping all the time.
So just waiting for one to drop, and then figure out if it's what I want.. Wismec just put out that top down one, and I do love the therum (sp). Just gotta build that one right the notch coils it comes with where garbage so was the drip tip.

My original idea for the gear build didn't work out, scrapped it fast. I took two 26-36 over SS claptons and put them in the drill and gave them a nice twist and did dual coil, .16 ohms, 3mm, 8 wrap I think, but just too hot, and you could vape it on the ramp down allot. 2nd build single SS clapton same specs 8 wrap each .3 and it's great.

So Engine, then RDTA for dual coils, then new squonk mod and Narda... Unless I come to my senses and start a new vape budget shouldn't be too long. Making your own juice sure does free up allot of vape budget. Wife bought a new scale, little does she know it will become my new DIY scale! I still kind of suck at making juice, so if you need help, I am not the one to ask lol. Don't get me wrong I have made some decent stuff and most of it with no recipe at all, but it's not give advice quality. The best advice I can give is use a recipe... The mix levels are pretty damn sensitive, some things you only need a few %, while other flavors you could add allot (subjectively) to and barely taste it, and that is sure to fuck up DIY when you go the off the cuff route.

Sorry pretty off topic and random, coffee is getting the best of me.
#27 (permalink)      11/22/2016 9:23:03 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
STDog
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 19
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos6
Morris,
What sizes did you try on the squonk pin?

The pins I got from FDV are 2mm hex.
Comparing the OD of the pin to the hex on the FDV pins and the photo I'm thinking it would be bigger, like 3/32" or 2.5mm. My guess would be 2.5mm.

2.0mm is 0.079"
3/32" is 0.094"
2.5mm is 0.098"

You could try measuring across the flats.
#28 (permalink)      12/5/2016 1:00:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cianeto
Verified
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Morris68 wrote:

It comes with 2 bottles...one is clear and the other black tinted but you can still see your juice level.Really like the dripper that comes with it. Looks fine, especially on the Wraith.

Sorry to interrupt...
Those bottles are being advertised as 5ml in some websites and 15ml in others but they are pure and simple 10ml bottles like SKU 1425400 with a plastic tip and a straw attached inside the tip. That tip+straw can easily be taken out to another bottle. ;)
@Morris68 Do you think your fire button on the Wraith is going to be a problem?
I've got mine 3 weeks ago and I find that the button just stopped working in some positions... I have to set it in a specific position to have it fire perfectly, otherwise it just doesn't fire or fires 3 or more times and locks the mod... :(
I have an idea of why that's happening, I've tried a Zoro BF RDA and it leaked like hell because it's bottom airflow, that juice may have entered inside the rubber coating and messed the button. But now I'm afraid to disassemble it and ruin the rest...
BTW, ordering this NarDa as we speak ;)

#29 (permalink)      3/27/2017 1:00:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
BassRTA84
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 54
  • Reviews 5
  • Kudos17
@Onebadwolf
As soon as theres an RTA that's the size of a 2ml tank but holds 6-10mls of juice, your argument isnt valid
#30 (permalink)      5/12/2017 12:00:48 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
jojope73
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2016
  • Posts 10
  • Reviews 3
  • Kudos0
Hi ,this NarDA come whit pin for botton feeder in the spare parts bag.Just arrived....See my pcture in review.Bye