Free shipping to the United States when you order $20+

Holy shit BF pin
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Rate This Thread
Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      9/21/2016 6:51:08 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4165
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4419
+4 details
There is this new thing. Its called an RTA. They have windows in them so you can see when to add juice I hear!

The juice appears to abide by gravity, and flows downwards in these things.

What wont they think of next?

Soon, we'll have cars you dont need to crank to start, and even telephones with no wires I predict......
Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#12 (permalink)      9/21/2016 6:56:39 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4783
+4 details
i was an avid RTA user until i got a bf mod. now my tanks collect dust.
#13 (permalink)      9/21/2016 7:08:07 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
OneBadwolf
Verified
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 4165
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4419
+3 details
ChappySinclair wrote:

i was an avid RTA user until i got a bf mod. now my tanks collect dust.

I understand.

Vi veri universum vivus vici. Insictus oportet nocere Proud member of the Sea Parks Fire Department
#14 (permalink)      9/24/2016 7:02:51 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cocorika
Verified
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 572
  • Reviews 10
  • Kudos477
+1 details
OK, the introduction of squonk mods date back to 2009, so it's not realy a great novelty. but a BF system is nothing more than an RDA + ...a 6 or 10 ml tank so i don't see why i shoul'd prefer any RTA to my squonkers
maybe i'm missing something :)
#15 (permalink)      9/24/2016 7:19:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
AuralVirus
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5842
  • Reviews 137
  • Kudos3458
OneBadwolf wrote:

There is this new thing. Its called an RTA. They have windows in them so you can see when to add juice I hear!

The juice appears to abide by gravity, and flows downwards in these things.

What wont they think of next?

Soon, we'll have cars you dont need to crank to start, and even telephones with no wires I predict......

and even choices not to only use 1 thing. crazy !!!!
ps the vape experience tanks provide still don't taste as good as rda's... what won't you think of next? :P

My basis theory is that the written word was literally a virus that made spoken word possible. [An aural virus so to speak.] : William S. Burroughs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqukFWVCt04
#16 (permalink)      9/28/2016 10:21:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
huckleberry4u
Verified
  • JoinedOct 2014
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 4
  • Kudos4
+1 details
Shipped today, so hopefully it is a bottom fed pin like it kinda looks from the pics. I did spend about 20 minutes in live chat asking if the hole "goes all the way through the pin" and the nice girls from fasttech support (bless their hearts cause they do try) said it did so we shall see.
#17 (permalink)      9/28/2016 11:24:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
Verified
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5566
+1 details
AuralVirus wrote:

ps the vape experience tanks provide still don't taste as good as rda's... what won't you think of next? :P

Unless you put the tank under the RDA like a genny style tank. The newer ones seem to go as potato as one could wish them to and still negate the need for a squonker.

To be quite honest I'm really liking the experience I'm getting from RTAs. I wouldn't call one better or worse than the other, just different. The RDAs\Gennys seem to punch up the menthol in my liquids while the bottom deck RTAs bring out more berry flavor.

The biggest benefit I can see from squonking is simply that the mod and atty can be shorter. A box with an RDA on top and bottle inside is arguably more convenient to carry than a box with a tank that has the same capacity as the bottle on top. That's pretty much it. Taking a 6ml bottle out to refill isn't as easy as refilling a 6ml Genny and most certainly not as easy as refilling a current top-fill RTA and you lose the benefit of having a second battery.

Of course the same effect could be accomplished by a side-by-side mod and a top fill Genny/RTA and be more convenient to refill.

So yeah, I dunno. If people like squonking how is it hurting anyone else other than the annoying "Where's the BF pin?" inevitably seen in every RDA thread now because apparently we have to BF all the things? What really makes no sense to me are the squonking tanks. Those are kinda weird.

#18 (permalink)      9/29/2016 10:48:12 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5783
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4138
+1 details
"What really makes no sense to me are the squonking tanks. Those are kinda weird."

Get a fountain V2 they are cheap! If you don't already have one. They are pretty dumb looking but I gotta say I actually like the thing. I got it on a whim and found myself buying replacement bottles for it..

My personal take on the squonk/RTA thing is, I personally don't like my juice being heated and cooled so much by the chamber. If you squonk there is a separation between the juice and the heat. Even these new Genny cotton tanks, I feel like there is more heat transfer to the juice then with squonking. As far as my taste buds are concerned the heating and cooling hurts the flavor. Everyone's taste is different though. I use plenty of RTAs still, I don't exclusively use any style of vaping. They all have a downside if you ask me, none of them I think are perfect.
#19 (permalink)      9/30/2016 10:41:45 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
gph61
Verified
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 23
  • Kudos26823
+2 details
The BF pin from a Vortice (FT never sold the Vortice) works with SKU 4468501. It might be better than this pin because it sits proud of the bottom plate of the positive post. This BF pin looks like it might be flush or below the plate like the standard pin is.
If I'm ignoring you it's because you're fallacy impaired. Here's hoping you rectify your problem so that we might have a sensible conversation.
#20 (permalink)      10/11/2016 3:37:24 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
Verified
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5397
  • Reviews 51
  • Kudos8346
+1 details
The mailman's bringing mine at about noon today (just in time to sit on my new COV Wraith...which I do REALLY like in the few days I've had it) so I'll expand this post once I've got an initial opinion.

Would also mention that I'm especially please with the Split (SKU: 5763200) in squonk mode. It works especially well atop a Kanger 60W Dripbox (if you can find one for under $20 bucks). Gives a remarkably tasty (and sizable) vape with not leaking. Small and light enough to go with me almost anywhere. It's 4:30 AM so I'll add pictures once I awake!
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#21 (permalink)      10/11/2016 8:19:46 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
EternalSpline
Verified
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 5783
  • Reviews 9
  • Kudos4138
So you like the wrath? 1 to 10 scale? I have heard some negative reviews of it, so I have been waiting for it to join so much other stuff in the cheap as fuck category. Currently I only have one squonk mod and I do enjoy squonking sort of been waiting for some thing, not sure what to come out.

I have the first Kanger squonker, the 2nd one is massive I don't like that but it's cheap now at under 40 bucks, and it has allot of the things I want. It would end up like my massive RX200 though in the cabinet most of it's life. So the wrath seems some what logical, but ehh the negative reviews of it though! For the cost I could grab a smoke alien, not sure why but I like that one with the dual battery display to see if one is dropping and the side fire.. Also saw allot of good reviews of it like DJLSB's. I don't really need that much power especially with it's over 22MM over hang issues.

You can get a pretty damn good vape off the first Kanger and it's cheap as shit now all over the place I have dual 26-36 over SS clapton coils in it spaced 5 wraps each at .2 and it's doing great, on the shitty atty it comes with you can fit small claptons in it with no drill. It's also not busting me for ohm fluctuations with SS.