shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Hows it holding up?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      8/30/2017 1:16:10 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirTimmyTimbit
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 803
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos751
Hows it holding up?
It's been out for almost a year now. Those who still have theirs, would you post some photos of it?

I'm wondering how the black finish been holding up. Some people had issues with a sliding battery door, I wonder if it gets worse over time. Do you still get "weak battery" error even after the firmware update?

I can't decide whether I want this, or the VapeCige SD Nano DNA60.
Dark Theme for Fastttech: https://goo.gl/Y3uKbw ¦¦¦¦ Last updated: May 26, 2020.
#2 (permalink)      8/30/2017 1:59:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dansansome
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1102
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos932
+1 details
I've had mine for 9-10 months or so, its been in fairly regular rotation since, and while I do tend to look after my stuff, but there is always the accidental bump/heavy put down/fall over etc.

mine still looks pretty good, no scratches. a bit of atty rash, but I only have 22mm devices, so its always hidden. Some really tiny patches where the finish has worn underneath at the corners from standing. and a few really tiny flecks of the finish has come off around the edges of the mod/door where they meet. it still looks good, still works as expected. battery door has loosened a little i guess, but i wouldnt describe it as a problem. never had the weak battery message, and i have used it until it will no longer fire when the battery is depleted. usually using -30Q batteries.
#3 (permalink)      8/30/2017 2:03:48 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
SirTimmyTimbit
  • JoinedApr 2013
  • Posts 803
  • Reviews 181
  • Kudos751
Wow thank you @dansansome. That's exactly the sort of stuff I wanted to know about. It all sounds good then!

Is the metal underneath the finish silver in color? I had a black Cana mod, and any scratch or bump would expose the silver aluminum underneath.
Dark Theme for Fastttech: https://goo.gl/Y3uKbw ¦¦¦¦ Last updated: May 26, 2020.
#4 (permalink)      8/30/2017 2:16:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
dansansome
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 1102
  • Reviews 74
  • Kudos932
+1 details
yes, it is silver/aluminium under the finish, but I'm fairly sure these things are black anodized. it feels really hardwearing, it doesnt give me the feeling that it'll scratch easily.