shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

At last!
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#31 (permalink)      8/21/2016 8:50:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JohnnySmokestack
  • JoinedJan 2014
  • Posts 324
  • Reviews 22
  • Kudos158
+2 details
Balistix wrote:

Isnt this a custom classic clone? Well looks close ? Stupid logo tho sucks :(

This isn't a CC clone, nor a clone of anything else. It is a 100% original design. The dimensions are way different than a CC, and the juice capacity is way bigger. Since the Coppervape is 25mm thick, you can use up to a 25mm atty without any overhang, unlike the CC. The battery goes in from the bottom- it is screwed down securely, versus a top loading batt which always has some battery rattle. It DOES look the same, at a casual glance.

The fit & finish does not compare to a CC, but it does not cost $400 to $500, either.

The logo & on/off lettering come off easily with 1500 grit wet sandpaper.

Edited on 8/21/2016 at 8:52 AM. Reason:
NO political correctness......
#32 (permalink)      8/21/2016 9:17:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23152
@ cilika:

Everyone responds differently.

One mech I picked up a few of when on sale here was a Caravela (brass)

Caravela Style Mechanical Mod Full Kit

There are others that think it's pretty stinky as well :P

Those that don't, are fortunate.

A thread I started, advice on how to get rid of that smell :)

1st Time with Brass--How best to handle it?

Edited on 8/21/2016 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo dont -> arent
(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#33 (permalink)      8/21/2016 9:24:40 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Andyk
  • JoinedOct 2013
  • Posts 10844
  • Reviews 666
  • Kudos9264
+1 details
Funny, people are bothered about the smell of Brass .. when I had brass mods, I used to be hell concerned about the taste whenever I accidentally licked my fingers after holding a brass mod. It used to be awfully sour taste.
My Location: Bharat (aka IN) .. Namaste /\ .. ***TC doesn't work for me as it's an imperfect solution to a problem that I never even had*** - Sossij
#34 (permalink)      8/21/2016 9:25:39 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Moosgummi
  • JoinedMay 2014
  • Posts 14536
  • Reviews 184
  • Kudos46950
@cilika:
Just wondering: Do you think de-leading might help against the "smell". I have no problems with my brass mods, but it would be interesting to know.
“You see, science has overcome time and space. Well, Harvey has overcome not only time and space, but any objections.” Elwood P. Dowd
#35 (permalink)      8/21/2016 10:44:57 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Balistix
  • JoinedAug 2013
  • Posts 705
  • Reviews 43
  • Kudos198
Thanks Johnnysmokestack for the info. Copper Vape has a pic showing the magnet top like a CC so I figured it was alike. Yes it also is larger in dimensions.
#36 (permalink)      8/21/2016 4:17:26 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
confuseh
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 56
  • Reviews 1
  • Kudos18
+1 details
have the brass 1, ma goto mod around the house havent tried it outside. is a nice heavy brass item though, hoped they would do a spare button / seesaw parts kit though as wouldnt mind a spare just in case
#37 (permalink)      8/22/2016 6:26:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Crunchie812
  • JoinedFeb 2015
  • Posts 5
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2
I have the brass and silver mod bought direct from Coppervape. The brass is solid brass. The silver is solid aluminum.
According to KentA at ECF, the brass weighs 362 grams, 430 with battery and full bottle, about 15.1 ounces.
The aluminum is 214 grams filled, 162 empty. Don't know if that includes the atty or not.

I almost gave up on the atty until I tried the chuff cap on it. I don't like chuff caps or oversize drip tips in general, but it works a charm on this atty with the air wide open top and bottom. I have dual 26ga SS 3mm ID 9wrap coils set up on it, .3ohms. I shortened the wicks and tucked them behind the bottom vents leaving a space around the feed tube. This way no juice leaks into the bottom vents. The regular drip tip it comes with has some kind of choke plate on it that turns the thing into a whistle. Not too bad with a derringer drip tip, but the chuff cap is sweet. Not for MTL or stealth vaping, but nice.

The bottle is a standard 10ml juice bottle. I've plugged in juice bottles from 2 different vendors and they just work.
#38 (permalink)      8/22/2016 6:37:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4777
yah, this has become my around the home vape lately. as others mentioned, brass one is heavy as a mug. i don't smell much of the brass as it appears to be clearcoated. i plan on taking off clearcoat and logo soon. i might re-clear it tho, cause i don't care for the smell of brass, or copper. right now using NarDA and the stock RDA. next week i should have a Split Atty clone, which will allow me to sqounk and have a tank. pretty cool.

i haven't tried the chuff yet. i kinda like the stock small tip. i've been digging a restricted lung hit lately.
#39 (permalink)      8/23/2016 6:15:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 12749
  • Reviews 330
  • Kudos24894
ShelaghStone wrote:

@ cilika:Everyone responds differently.One mech I picked up a few of when on sale here was a Caravela (brass)Caravela Style Mechanical Mod Full KitThere are others that think it's pretty stinky as well :PThose that don't, are fortunate.A thread I started, advice on how to get rid of that smell :)1st Time with Brass--How best to handle it?

Try to wash it with soapy water or dip it in vodka for a little hour. ;)

#40 (permalink)      8/23/2016 6:18:59 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Lucifer_Dreams
  • JoinedSep 2014
  • Posts 7610
  • Reviews 96
  • Kudos8368
+2 details
I would rather dip it in soapy water for an hour and drink the vodka. I take you are not Russian? Never, ever waste good vodka. That is like gold son, gold I tell you.
Never play with matches. You might burn the skin off your face.
#41 (permalink)      8/23/2016 6:34:23 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
cilika
  • JoinedSep 2013
  • Posts 12749
  • Reviews 330
  • Kudos24894
Obviously =) I use the cheapest vodka for that. If I really want I have excellent* home made fire water (brandy ?), you don't get head ache from it. But summer is not the best period for these kind of pleasures ;)

*excellentism ;)

Edited on 8/23/2016 at 6:35 AM. Reason: