shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Weak glass
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      12/19/2016 6:12:53 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Hedzo
  • JoinedOct 2015
  • Posts 2
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos2
+2 details
Weak glass
Anybody else here notice weak tank glass? Mine has broken while i was vaping, than i try replace new one, but at this moment that glass broke too.
sorry for my english.
L.J.
#2 (permalink)      12/19/2016 7:13:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
rangermsr
  • JoinedJun 2013
  • Posts 7839
  • Reviews 29
  • Kudos11720
+1 details
I don't have this, but I do have experience with broke glass :D ( most do even if they won't admit it :)

Looking at the pics the glass doesn't appear to be too thin ( I try to avoid atty's this way ), but it seems the glass may actually be able to tighten to the metal of the top cap. It may be that one would have to take care not to over tighten this as glass to bare metal is not good ( glass expands when heated ). I could be wrong though :) It could be just a bad run of glass.

I always like vapesoon brand replacement glass, but choices are limited for this one here. The vapesoon brand here isn't the right size according to the reviews, so that leaves this SKU 5868003.

I have used this brand too. They are good. You will get a quantity discount if you order more than three, and you likely will need them anyway :)

Edited on 12/19/2016 at 7:14 PM. Reason:
unrealistic expectations lend to disappointment
#3 (permalink)      12/20/2016 12:31:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
m0shu
  • JoinedNov 2013
  • Posts 258
  • Reviews 116
  • Kudos107
+1 details
I can confirm that the glass is weak.My 1st one suddenly broke,for no reason at all.So,buying spares is not a bad idea.
@Suceava*Romania*
#4 (permalink)      12/20/2016 10:02:14 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Cvetinovic
  • JoinedApr 2014
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos8
+1 details
I can confirm that too.Never broke glass before, on any tank, but this one on first disassembling. Really tin glass. Already ordered three replacements: SKU 5868003.
#5 (permalink)      1/12/2017 4:44:30 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
st1nkf00t
  • JoinedApr 2015
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos1
+1 details
I agree, really weak glass. I have replaced the glass five times already. The only other time I've ever broken glass on another tank is when I trod an my Goblin Mini glass! Other than the glass though, the tank is really nice.
#6 (permalink)      1/12/2017 6:48:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Morris68
  • JoinedNov 2014
  • Posts 5186
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos8158
Got a green Clrane that looks & feels ok but I won't be able to tell till I get the atty. Ordered by mistake as I do have the Serpent Mini 22 and ordered this one by mistake. Heard one poster say that Clrane tanks aren't too good. Know for sure when I get around to getting the 25mm. How do those of you who have one compare it to the 22mm Mini, which I really like?
“O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!" Robert Burns
#7 (permalink)      1/12/2017 6:55:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
Morris68 wrote:

Got a green Clrane that looks & feels ok but I won't be able to tell till I get the atty. Ordered by mistake as I do have the Serpent Mini 22 and ordered this one by mistake. Heard one poster say that Clrane tanks aren't too good. Know for sure when I get around to getting the 25mm. How do those of you who have one compare it to the 22mm Mini, which I really like?

I find that you can get a very close if not better vape with the 25 mm Serpent mini if you set it up with a single larger ID diameter coil, and reduce the air flow down to be similar to the 22 mm. I never used the factory drip tips.

The larger diameter coil takes up more deck space and gives excellent wicking!

#8 (permalink)      1/12/2017 6:56:50 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
I have 2 of the 25 mm Serpent minis and I haven't broken the glass yet!
#9 (permalink)      1/13/2017 3:09:52 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos141
+1 details
It´s not the glass which is week - it´s the construction which is wrong on this tank!
VERY BAD JOB WOTOFO!

The glass has only a very thin o-ring on the downside of the tank and none at all on the top.
So here we have an absolute no go which is glass directly on metall. Must be a genius who did that :-)

So anytime you screw the atty on your mod you risk to damage the glass and might even cut your hands. I´m VERY disappointed in this work, as I liked the smaller version and was looking forward to this on. So I try to find a solution for this one!

If you try to put an o-ring on the top of the glastank then you get the problem that the threads of the chimney are MUCH to short to keep holding it together. Again a genius who might have smoked too much :-)

The only solution which I can think of to fix this issue (which could be "acceptable" if it would be a bad clone maybe) is to use a smaller glass (smaler in height) and put in better o-rings. This will lead to reduced tank capacity but will solve the issue.

Has anyone an idea which glass might fit? Should be about 2mm smaler.

In the meantime I keep going with my Ammit which is excellent!

P.S.: Good temporary solution: teflon tape - vapers best friend :-)

Edited on 1/13/2017 at 4:53 PM. Reason:
#10 (permalink)      1/14/2017 6:19:28 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Taifix
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 285
  • Reviews 104
  • Kudos141
Ok Wotofo - best solution here for me is teflontape on the top of the glass. This solved my troubles fast and cheep.
Besides from this we have a great tank here!
Like the Ammit NO Leaking with right wicking! Great taste, good airflow and good capacity for a little while :-)
Need to correct my (unpublished) negative review up a bit.
To take it like this - would be nice to include teflontape and say you were stoned :-)
Do better next time!
Tank is great with good taste!
Try Single coil Fused Clapton SS 28ga/32ga and see yourself with Koh Gen Do or similar. It´s amazing!
#11 (permalink)      2/8/2017 2:18:16 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
over66
  • JoinedJun 2014
  • Posts 1
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos0
Taifix wrote:

Ok Wotofo - best solution here for me is teflontape on the top of the glass. This solved my troubles fast and cheep.
Besides from this we have a great tank here!
Like the Ammit NO Leaking with right wicking! Great taste, good airflow and good capacity for a little while :-)
Need to correct my (unpublished) negative review up a bit.
To take it like this - would be nice to include teflontape and say you were stoned :-)
Do better next time!
Tank is great with good taste!
Try Single coil Fused Clapton SS 28ga/32ga and see yourself with Koh Gen Do or similar. It´s amazing!

Hello! Can you make a picture of teflontape on glass and you replaced o-ring with this tape or you have both o-ring and tape?