shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Spitback issues when refilling?
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#1 (permalink)      10/23/2016 5:54:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JFKaned
  • JoinedSep 2015
  • Posts 67
  • Reviews 50
  • Kudos67
Spitback issues when refilling?
Well, every-time when i refill my serpent mini 25mm, i got hot spit backing for first few times, and then its work ok. Its really annoying, so i figured out i will refill it from the bottom and - no hot spitbackin'.

Does anyone got the same problem? I only tried the single deck so far. It looks that when i refill it from the top, the rest of liquid flow to the deck, maybe if there was any liquid hole control it will prevent from such things..
#2 (permalink)      12/3/2016 7:31:41 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Sami9101
  • JoinedAug 2016
  • Posts 6
  • Reviews 2
  • Kudos0
JFKaned wrote:

Well, every-time when i refill my serpent mini 25mm, i got hot spit backing for first few times, and then its work ok. Its really annoying, so i figured out i will refill it from the bottom and - no hot spitbackin'. Does anyone got the same problem? I only tried the single deck so far. It looks that when i refill it from the top, the rest of liquid flow to the deck, maybe if there was any liquid hole control it will prevent from such things..

Try to fire it for 1-2 seconds and then taking a hit ? That usually fixes some stuff.

#3 (permalink)      12/3/2016 11:04:11 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
It is not spitbacks.
It is a floaded coil pushing juice out.

Close the AFC for same amount of initial puffs after each refill.
#4 (permalink)      12/3/2016 9:40:42 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
I am guessing you are putting a larger diameter coil than you are used to! If the cotton is loose, it will create air gaps that cause popping. You do need to need to use enough cotton for your build and comb it out, wet it, and tuck it nicely into the juice channels before reassembly.

Cotton will expand a bit after you build it, but Lyocell Cellulose doesn't seem to at all. Cotton might fix it self in a day.
#5 (permalink)      12/3/2016 9:44:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
Note: I do not EVER get any spit back in my 25 mm serpent mini. I am running a 4 mm id SS ribbon wire coil in it!

Edited on 12/3/2016 at 9:44 PM. Reason:
#6 (permalink)      12/3/2016 10:07:01 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
MitchL
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 3935
  • Reviews 6
  • Kudos2465
+1 details
P.S. closing the AFC does nothing to prevent flooding, but filling quickly, closing it up quickly, and taking a drag does. The vacuum is lost through the drip tip! I have never had any leaking through a serpent EVER!
#7 (permalink)      12/4/2016 8:02:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
Altho it might help a bit, i am not talking of closing the AFC for refilling.
I am talking of closing it for the first few puffs after the atty has been refilled.

Not to clear the fload per say, it is only one part of what is needed, heating the tank.
It is to lower the chances of getting hot juice out of the drip tip while the tank is heated up.

I fergot to wrote one critical thing tho.
Cooling the atty after those few puffs is what will clear the fload.

Just let it cooldown on its own for a few minutes after those few initial puffs.
If it does'nt gurgle after that, you can reopen the AFC.

If it keep gurgling no matter what you do, the heat flux is'nt high enough.
Increase the wattage a bit and try a few puffs + cooldown again.
Repeat untill you find the right wattage.

Edited on 12/4/2016 at 8:15 AM. Reason:
#8 (permalink)      12/4/2016 8:54:56 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
JPBel
  • JoinedAug 2014
  • Posts 3620
  • Reviews 80
  • Kudos1955
Gurgling look similar to spitting when the air flow is high enough.
But they are not caused by the same things.

Refills can cause gurgling, because it fload the coil and air path(s).
But gurgling is also very likely to be caused by not having a high enough heat flux(not enough watts).
The heat push the juice out of the tank faster than the coil can vaporise it, floading the chamber.

Spitting on the other end is mostly caused by a too high heat flux(too many watts).
The juice touching the coil is vaporised so fast that it fiercely throw juice droplets in all directions.
With a high enough air flow most of those droplets will be deflected to the drip tip.
Reducing the air flow alone, to lower the chances getting juice droplets out of the drip tip, will not help in this case.
Since the heat flux is already too high, without a suitable air flow to cool the coil, the wick will more than likely burn.
#9 (permalink)      12/4/2016 9:21:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
tiknu
  • JoinedMay 2013
  • Posts 351
  • Reviews 654
  • Kudos131
have obs engine with same problem at first but using 2mm coil pushit down to base use more cotton through the holes but with needle just space them inside its works very good at 85watt .25 dual