shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Flavor compared to the 22 mm version
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#21 (permalink)      10/20/2016 11:26:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details

Old people forget, so dont be a cunt because you got the best mod in the world

Bah, no fighting here.

Passively/Aggressive is the accepted FT route to "fight" here :P

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#22 (permalink)      10/20/2016 11:30:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details

the origen does have a little warmer vape tho due to the tiny ass chamber.

Was wondering about the Origen.

So far I haven't gone with it because i think a lot of kayfun users like it.
For some reason, the kayfun, for me was....I wont say tasteless but didnt give me the dense vape I first loved from the Nautilus, which I followed through with the Bellus and then the Moonshot.

Long wondered why the Kayfun just did not do it for me.
But small chambers aside, I prefer cool vapes + have found a cooler vape with my preferred small chamber attys.
One reason I did not like the kayfun - too warm.

Not sure i agree that small chambers bring upon a warmer vape.
Or, I would be less likely, I think, to like them...at least I think that is how it would work?!

Edited on 10/20/2016 at 11:31 AM. Reason:
#23 (permalink)      10/20/2016 11:34:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
28 gauge dual coils at 1 ohm total would be around 10-12 wraps each maybe depending on ID? They'd be larger and have more surface area than the 6-7 wrap 2.5mm ID 26 gauge coils I use for .5 ohm dual coil builds at the same power. Still supports the theory that larger coils are better for larger chambers.
#24 (permalink)      10/20/2016 11:39:00 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4781
+1 details
it gives plenty of flavor. top notch. kayfun fans like it because it can be used MTL. but wide open, provides a restricted lung hit. small chambers may not provide more heat, but they definitely heat up faster. but it can be compensated by setting air flow to larger setting. i like mine on the second to the largest holes. full open, you can cool the vapor considerably.

but i only recommend this atty for bottom feeding. having to drip this thing would be horrible. every 2-3 pulls and it needs a squonk. but in squonk config, it's been an awesome vape.

sorta on topic, i have a goblin mini v3 coming in today, and if i don't like it, i'm probably going to sell it or trade it and try a serpent mini.

Edited on 10/20/2016 at 11:39 AM. Reason:
#25 (permalink)      10/20/2016 11:44:49 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+1 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

Not sure i agree that small chambers bring upon a warmer vape.Or, I would be less likely, I think, to like them...at least I think that is how it would work?!

I wouldn't think it was the only thing that would make a vape warmer, but it certainly seems like it would if everything else was equal. I prefer warm vapes and that's something I do like about the smaller chambers I most certainly didn't have in larger ones with my builds. Then again it also depends on one's definition of warm. lol I know people that love coffee fresh out of the pot but to me it seems like insanity as it's way too fucking hot. I have to let it cool off before I can even attempt to drink it. Same thing with soup or stew straight from the pot, I have to let it cool a bit before I can eat it. So it's possible what I consider a warm vape you might consider cold.

#26 (permalink)      10/20/2016 11:47:33 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details
ChappyS:

Can you do me a favour when you have a moment and give me the exact SKU of the Origen you are speaking of.
Want to make sure i do have the right one in mind.

Been wanting to buy the same squonk that you have but as of yet I was not inspired by any of the associated RDAs.
But what you just said tweaked and i might have found the one that would work best for me.

T.I.A.

DF:

So it's possible what I consider a warm vape you might consider cold

Valid Point.

Edited on 10/20/2016 at 11:48 AM. Reason:
#27 (permalink)      10/20/2016 12:02:15 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrfdk
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1607
  • Reviews 54
  • Kudos1037
+1 details
DefMunky wrote:

28 gauge dual coils at 1 ohm total would be around 10-12 wraps each maybe depending on ID? They'd be larger and have more surface area than the 6-7 wrap 2.5mm ID 26 gauge coils I use for .5 ohm dual coil builds at the same power. Still supports the theory that larger coils are better for larger chambers.

Yes it is 10 wraps 3mm id, i dont like hot vapes, Igo for heat flux from 100-150

Stay positive
#28 (permalink)      10/20/2016 12:08:06 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4781
$0.01 rebate earned+4 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

ChappyS: Can you do me a favour when you have a moment and give me the exact SKU of the Origen you are speaking of.Want to make sure i do have the right one in mind.Been wanting to buy the same squonk that you have but as of yet I was not inspired by any of the associated RDAs.But what you just said tweaked and i might have found the one that would work best for me.T.I.A.DF:So it's possible what I consider a warm vape you might consider coldValid Point.

i got the one on focal. it now comes with beauty ring for $2 more. looks great. look how small compared to L+

#29 (permalink)      10/20/2016 12:10:58 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Saxon_02
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 4504
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos2382
nice!
#30 (permalink)      10/20/2016 12:43:16 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details
Thanks ChappyS.

I was thinking of a different one.
Why your post caused me to pay attention.

That does look to to be the one, finally.
No other has yet caught my fancy.

Focal though :(

Orders seem to take 2-3x longer from there for me, in Canada.

But gotta do what must be done ;)
#31 (permalink)      10/20/2016 12:50:25 PM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4781
+1 details
yah, i found out that shipping from focal is a good two weeks longer than FT. i ordered mine on 09/21 and just got it on Monday. my last order from FT i ordered on 10/3 and i should be getting the order today. you might want to get the one from here on FT. there's people that got the version here that are very happy with their versions. but the one on focal comes with beauty ring.