shopping cart empty
WORLDWIDE FREE SHIPPING

Flavor compared to the 22 mm version
Login to post a new topic and to write a reply.

Search within thread:

Login to rate this thread.
#11 (permalink)      10/20/2016 9:12:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
VicMeldrew
  • JoinedJan 2016
  • Posts 712
  • Reviews 72
  • Kudos507
+2 details
I will say this only one-The Serpant mini 22mm is hands down the best flavour tank i have ever used,the only tank i have bought more than one of and the only tank i would miss if i lost them.Saying that the 25mm is sitting in my ever changing wishlist for either a price chop or another fire sale as the £ v $ slump is making FT too expensive to be worth the 3-4 week turnaround
Vote in haste.Repent at leisure.
#12 (permalink)      10/20/2016 9:16:18 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+6 details
LutherBlissett wrote:

However, even for people who accept that as fact with any given build, the question remains as to whether filling up a bigger chamber with much bigger coils can offset the flavour reduction, and if so by how much.

There's no doubt it can. Bigger coils with more power creates more vapor which works better in a larger chamber. To get any sort of flavor from my larger chamber stuff I have to build with larger gauge wire at lower resistances (more surface area and power in a mech) while my smaller chamber stuff works fine with smaller coils, say 6-7 wrap 26 gauge 2.5mm kanthal (dual) or SS (single). Aside from clouds there is a reason people use coils that look like scaffolding or heater wire the same gauge as rebar and 75-100+ watts to power them in these huge attys. You're not gonna get much of anything with one of my builds in there at 25-30 watts. lol

For me the smaller chambers are more about efficiency and getting really good flavor at a lower power which makes my batteries and e-liquid last longer while keeping a draw that is comfortable for me to use. I like the performance I am getting right now with my build so I tend to stay with atomizers that work well with it, which typically means small chambered attys.

What I'd like to see are tanks that keep the same size deck if they are increasing the diameter to make for more usable tank space. Unfortunately people bitch about that as well because they don't like smaller builds and want to fit enough metal to build a replica of the Eiffel Tower in their atty. It also isn't necessarily feasible to release a "normal" sized deck and chimney along with everything else. So yeah, the manufacturers are kinda damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Another thing to consider is the liquid being used and the person using it. Some people notice subtle changes in flavor more readily than others and some liquids are more strongly flavored than others. I use very little flavoring in mine so I might be able to tell more of a difference than someone that uses a liquid which is more saturated. I guess kinda like the noise of a small fan in a bedroom is more noticable than it would be in the living room, but a vacuum cleaner is loud either way. Maybe not the best analogy but it makes sense to me... :p lol

#13 (permalink)      10/20/2016 9:26:26 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+2 details
which then could lead us into the never ending debate of large coils producing the same flavour as small coils, claptons, etc

one could take it off in a few different directions but in the end........smaller chambers win :P

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)
#14 (permalink)      10/20/2016 9:33:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrfdk
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1607
  • Reviews 54
  • Kudos1037
+2 details
With bigger chamber tanks just ad 1-4% flawor and it is almost the same, No difference if you make the ejuice to the tank
Stay positive
#15 (permalink)      10/20/2016 10:00:20 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
+3 details
ShelaghStone wrote:

which then could lead us into the never ending debate of large coils producing the same flavour as small coils, claptons, etc...

Which then leads into the debate that if larger coils produce the same flavor as small coils, why waste the power, building material, and liquid? lol

ShelaghStone wrote:

...smaller chambers win :P

That's been my overall finding. lol

#16 (permalink)      10/20/2016 10:02:08 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Saxon_02
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 4504
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos2382
+1 details
no battle though...
#17 (permalink)      10/20/2016 10:07:35 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
DefMunky
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 7236
  • Reviews 34
  • Kudos5562
mrfdk wrote:

With bigger chamber tanks just ad 1-4% flawor and it is almost the same, No difference if you make the ejuice to the tank

Sounds reasonable as you are increasing something similar to using larger coils with more power, but I don't want to make a separate bottle of liquid for a particular tank. I like being able to grab what I have and use it in anything I have ready to go. Plus I only use maybe %5 total flavoring anyway thanks to super concetrated flavors.

Saxon_02 wrote:

no battle though...

Threads definitely have a different tone when no one is fighting. Sorry to disappoint. lol ;)

#18 (permalink)      10/20/2016 10:24:04 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
mrfdk
  • JoinedJul 2015
  • Posts 1607
  • Reviews 54
  • Kudos1037
+1 details
DefMunky wrote:

mrfdk wrote:
Sounds reasonable as you are increasing something similar to using larger coils with more power, but I don't want to make a separate bottle of liquid for a particular tank. I like being able to grab what I have and use it in anything I have ready to go. Plus I only use maybe %5 total flavoring anyway thanks to super concetrated flavors.

Saxon_02 wrote:
no battle though...
Threads definitely have a different tone when no one is fighting. Sorry to disappoint. lol ;)

I use 2-8% and not all of them is super concentraded, and dont use sucralose or any other sweatener, right now i am using aromamizer supreme with 1.06ohm kanthal 28g dual coil 32watt with 4% BIG MOUTH AROMA(strawberry and orange) and the flawor is up there, would you call that a big build

Stay positive
#19 (permalink)      10/20/2016 11:19:21 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
Saxon_02
  • JoinedFeb 2014
  • Posts 4504
  • Reviews 8
  • Kudos2382
DefMunky wrote:

mrfdk wrote:

no battle though...

ok., I may leave it there...

#20 (permalink)      10/20/2016 11:25:25 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ChappySinclair
  • JoinedMar 2015
  • Posts 4038
  • Reviews 0
  • Kudos4781
+1 details
i know this doesn't apply to the serpent at all, but in regards to chamber size, i don't notice much difference of flavor between my narda and origen 16 with the same single coil .3ohm SS316L build. the origen does have a little warmer vape tho due to the tiny ass chamber.
#21 (permalink)      10/20/2016 11:26:15 AM US Central   quote/reply + tips
ShelaghStone
  • JoinedJan 2015
  • Posts 32767
  • Reviews 189
  • Kudos23161
+1 details

Old people forget, so dont be a cunt because you got the best mod in the world

Bah, no fighting here.

Passively/Aggressive is the accepted FT route to "fight" here :P

(*~*) Was bored to death.. RIP :)